PDA

View Full Version : A humble thank you to all dedicated martial arts teachers world wide (past/present)

WCFighter
12-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone,

It's almost year end... People sometimes reflect on how their year has been, express thanks for the good things that have happened in their lives this year, and wish for
good things to happen in the new year.

I have always appreciated my martial arts teachers over the years ( karate, white crane, wing chun ) , and now, with the help of the internet, I would like to express a humble thank you to all decent and dedicated martial arts teachers worldwide for passing on your knowledge to students, and having a positive influence on them.

Self-protection skills are not part of elementary, high-school, college, or university
curriculum.

These skills have only been available to interested people in a community by unique individuals who went out of their way and decided to share them; either by teaching for free in a park or opening a school and charging tuition. If it wasn't for these people and the list of preceding teachers in their lineage, then we wouldn't have what we enjoy today; being taught by our current teacher(s). Also, if your particular style is based on 1 or more other styles (present or past, e.g. wing chun, praying mantis) then we should be thankful for the history of teachers in those styles too.

So please... keep sharing.

And thanks again.

:)

AmanuJRY
12-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Self-protection skills are not part of elementary, high-school, college, or university
curriculum.

I studied wrestling in High School as part of the required curriculum. That doesn't count?

A course on self protection (and rape prevention) should be taught in schools, but a course on MA is another thing.