PDA

View Full Version : Learn Cantonese for Free

TenTigers
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
go to www.cantoneseonline.org and learn about the free Cantonese language lessons. There is only a slight donation for some of the classes as the people teaching them pay for everything out of pocket. I belong to a Cantonese Language meet up, and they are involved in this. It is a fun group, and they are very supportive of sai-yun trying to learn more about the culture and language. There are meet up groups like this in many other states, so it is not only in NYC.

tug
12-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Pretty cool man. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Sadly, though, I am moving to CHI next month, so I won't be able to take advantage of it.

Hopefully, I can find something similar out there.

Thanks,

TuG.

samson818
12-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Kit Yee heads up the Cantonese classes in NYC.
She is a great promoter of the Chinese (in particular, Toisan) culture, language, and history.

If you have a chance to go to her classes, please do so and help out whatever way you can.
She pays almost everything out of her pocket and heart.

TenTigers
12-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Kit and Violet, and the others, are totally passionate and committed to what they are trying to accomplish. They work so hard in trying to maintain the presence of the Toisan/Guongdong culture in Chinatown. In a time when even some of the older generation are referring to Cantonese as a dying language, these people are preserving and restoring it, and hopefully inspiring a renewed interest.