PDA

View Full Version : 3-section staff

The Black Tiger
12-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Does any one know any thing about the hung gar 3-section staff form.

syn
12-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Nah, never seen it done.

TenTigers
12-21-2006, 08:29 AM
I know Buck Som Kong does one, but he also does CLF. It is most likely the CLF version. Tat Mau Wong has this on tape/dvd. It is a very good,nuts n bolts set. Everythig yu need without rolling on the ground.

The Black Tiger
12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
So the one Bucksam Kong does is clf

CLFNole
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Kong Buck Sam learned a CLF 3-sec staff form from my sifu, Lee Koon Hung.

The one on the Tat Wong video isn't actually a CLF set it is from Shek Kin. This is the form that just about everyone in the LKH line actually practices and teaches.

yutyeesam
12-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Interesting side note:
You can see Shek Kin do a bit that resembles the form in the movie Monkey Fist. http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.2702/qx/details.htm

Eddie
12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
CLFnole,
that form must be a generic type form, almost like the broadsword. Reason Im saying, is I saw Chow Keung do the same form, just with a slight different flavor. Few moves were different, but its pretty similar.

Black tiger, CLFNole posted a video of him doing the 3section staff form on this forum once. Very worth it to search for it (or just ask mr Nole for the link). CLFNole is a pretty awsome kung fu player. One of my many idols :cool:

CLFNole
12-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Eddie:

Thanks again for the nice words. The set from what I know is a Jing Mo (Chin Woo) set that has mantis origins. It could be that Chow Keung's set is similar as I believe his Sigung Ken Dak Hoi had ties with Jing Mo. I am sure you can ask him.

By the way wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year.

Lance

Laukarbo
12-22-2006, 01:23 AM
we have a 3-section staff form in our curillicium (coming from the malaysian hung gar of my teacher) our hung gar is from the Lau family but we also have many forms from Malaisya Hung Gar as my teacher learned in Malaysia first for 8 years and then in the 80s learned the Lau Hung Kuen in HK...

anyway I havent learned the form yet..but saw it and it looks good unlike the wushu version (which i learned in the 90s) more realistic and next to zero fancy stuff..