PDA

View Full Version : Wong Dak Hing ???

buddhapalm
09-06-2001, 08:53 AM
Can anyone tell me anything about an old time Sifu, Wong Dak Hing ? (Not Kwan Tak Hing).

He was a teacher of Tai Chi, Bak Gua and taught my Dai Sigung Ma Kin Fung/ Ma Jian Feng in the 1930's - 1950 's perhaps.

I did hear that he was a Taoist Priest.

Any info at all about him would help since I can find nothing on him at all.

Rory
09-07-2001, 01:52 AM
ASK YOUR TEACHER

NorthernShaolin
09-07-2001, 08:54 AM
I understand that GM Ma learned not only Tai Chi and Pa Kua from him but also the Art of Bending Bones. He taught at a temple in China just across from H.K.

To answer your earlier question, GM Ma learned from Sun Yu Fung at Ching Wu late in SYF's life. Some time bewteen 1935 to 1945. Even during this time, SYF only taugh the senior disciples and Ma was just starting so he more than likly learned from his older classmate.

I also could not locate any official register list of students in Ching Wu school in Canton. However that does not mean that it did not exist. After WWII and the 1947 revolution, many documents were burned.

:cool:

buddhapalm
09-07-2001, 11:01 AM
Rory
I would my friend, but my Sifu passed away 9 years ago.

NorthernShaolin,
Thanks again for your knowledgable answers. A few more questions if possible...

1. Do you have any idea what the name and address of the temple was ?
2. Do you know what year GGM Ma Kin Fung learned from Wong Dak Hing in the temple ?
3. Do you know of any other students of Wong Dak Hing ?
4. Do you know if Wong Dak Hing taught any Shaolin Styles besides Wudang/Internal Styles ?
5. Any idea who/where Wong Dak Hing learned from ?

Thanks for trying to locate the register of students of Canton Ching Wu.

NorthernShaolin
09-09-2001, 07:15 AM
Sorry but I do not have any answers to these questions. :(