PDA

View Full Version : Shen Wu Stand Up Grappling DVD

Three Harmonies
12-29-2006, 09:07 AM
It is finally here ladies! Tim Cartmell's highly anticipated DVD on Stand Up grappling and counter grappling. As I understand it this is first in a series. Enjoy and train hard!
http://www.shenwu.com/newProduct.htm

Also do not miss Tim covering much of this material February 10-11 2007 here in Seattle, WA. I still have plenty of space available at the seminar.

Cheers
Jake :)

Three Harmonies
01-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Just got my copy (Thanks Tim!), and watched it right away. The DVD exceeded my expectations, which were already pretty high.
I have covered all this material with Tim over the last couple years, and that is exactly what this DVD reminded me of, my personal notes from lessons with Tim. Clear concise instruction that is easy to apply, "natural" if you will. Well organized and taught Tim! Principles are emphasized, with leverage being the dominant application throughout. All the while Tim does this on guys that outweigh him by at least 80#'s:eek: ! For those familiar with Tim Cartmell's prior projects on Chin Na and Effortless Combat Throws, you will not be disappointed with the concise, applicable lessons found on this new DVD. The only thing that has changed is the calrity and sharpness of digital photgraphy and better production have made this DVD much, much nicer and easier to view.
I surely liked the picture in picture for some close ups where they were needed. The PIP coupled with bullet points highlighting the principles and theory behind what we just learned, were absolutely great! **** good idea.
Production quality was high, I really felt that overall it is a great job. Well done, and bravo to all involved; Tim, Shane, Amber, Gabe, Meynard, and anyone else I left out.
It is my very honest opinion, and a very biased one as well, that two DVD's have set a new standard for all other martial DVD projects forth coming. The "Stand Up Grappling" DVD by Tim Cartmell at www.shenwu.com, and the soon to be released DVD of "The First North American Mantis Conference" www.mantisquarterly.com are phenomenal in their production quality, ease of navigation, and quality of content.
Great job guys!
Cheers
Jake :)