PDA

View Full Version : what the...

GuSpeed
01-01-2007, 10:01 AM
So my kung fu brother came over to give me a christmas present and I had Pride fighting on. Somehow the conversation started, but he said he doesn't like it because it's not real fighting. And he went on to say that the guys in UFC and Pride have no skills and no hand techniques. I was like WOW and dumbfound.

I have been practicing kung fu for 10 years and I don't have THAT thinking. I mean wow a lot people really don't understand a lot of things. They have NO REAL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MARTIAL ARTS. And when I say martial arts, I don't care if its kung fu, tai chi, boxing, karate, mma, whatever. It's pretty much all the same. But my kung fu brother said all they do is duke it out with no real techniques and he's been in more fights than me.

Kung fu techniques =find motor skills.

Most people fighting= gross motor skills.

But when it comes to fighting; fighting is fighting. Why are people still arguing over styles and MMA is not real fighting so no credit to them? I don't get the arguement.

Isn't kung fu = Hard Work so whatever you do that required hard work effort is kung fu. So stop the hating and fighting.

David Jamieson
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
your kungfu bro is what is known as a **** talker.

Not to worry, they're everywhere! Especially in intrenet forums.

In order to remedy this, simply present the st with a scenario whereby he will come to recognize that he should probably be silent at times when he doesn't know what the heck he is talking about, and to speak when he does have something worthwhile to contribute.

:p

GuSpeed
01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
No man what is scary is that he can fight just as well as me. He's fought MMA guys before, but because our Sifu and Dai-Sigung said MMA is not real, that is what my kung fu brother will go along with.

He doesn't use his head to think independently and I think many martial art schools today have that problem. Not just kung fu but all different schools.