PDA

View Full Version : Cheng style bagua practitioners?

northstar
09-12-2001, 05:04 PM
I stared Cheng style a couple of weeks ago! Who else here does Cheng style?

Waidan
09-12-2001, 08:02 PM
I study 9 Palace bagua, a branch of Cheng style. Enjoying yourself thus far?

Braden
09-12-2001, 09:13 PM
My bagua lineage is heavily Cheng influenced. Welcome to the bagua world, hope you love it as much as the rest of us do! ;)

TaoBoxer
09-13-2001, 04:28 PM
We do a heavily cheng-leaning system here too.

I am interested in the 9 Palace stuff...tell me more?

Bill

Waidan
09-13-2001, 06:53 PM
I haven't studied any other system of bagua, and I've only had limited contact with practitioners frm other styles, so unfortunately I don't know which parts of our system would be considered novel by other practitioners.

Our primary form is "Nine Palace", and to my knowledge the 8 Mother Palms are not taught as a separate form. The 9 Palace form follows the post-training routine of the same name (central circle surrounded by 8 connected circles). The form includes chigung postures, one for each palace/animal(it was remarked by one practitioner that this varied from other bagua forms).

Typical to Cheng, we make a lot of use of the dragon palm, and throwing/joint breaks are emphasised. There are a heap of piercing palm strikes as well as the odd backfist which I find pretty cool.

I'm only 1.5 years in the system, so my experience is still very limited. In addition to the 9 palace, I've also started learning a second hand form (ba hsing...I think that's the correct spelling), but I can only speculate what lies ahead.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.