PDA

View Full Version : Knee break argument SETTLED!!

Royal Dragon
01-07-2007, 10:19 PM
So, I was sparring with my daughter, and she caught me *By accident* with a really well placed knee break...I'm out of the game, and can't walk right. I am hopeing this is just a sprain, but if I am like this tomorrow, I am going to the hospital......

Just so you all know, I droped like a rock before I even knew I had been hit (She is 16, weights all of 100 pounds wet), and was grounded for a good 10 minutes in fetal position.

So, i'd better not **EVER** hear any of you idiots try and argue that Knee breaks, Kicks to the knees, or any other blow to the knees aren't fight ender's Agian!

Shadow Skill
01-08-2007, 09:23 AM
man that sucks:( Plus for the rest of her life she'll be telling everyone she kicked her dad's a$$... I mean Knee.

MasterKiller
01-08-2007, 09:45 AM
is she hot?

laugarkuen
01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I love how quickly threads degenerate on this and other forums.

That said. Is she? :D

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
She feels pretty bad about it. I couldn't walk much last nite, so I made her brew up some jow for me. She's allways stayed away from my home made medicinal brews, so I had to teach her how to measure the herbs and all that.

When it happned, I heard a "Crunch", and a sensation like my leg had been pushed backwards. Then I fell and the searing pain kicked in. I was on the goundd in fetal position un able to move the leg before I know what hit me.

She was in a panic, going OMG, OMG I'm sory, what do I do!?!

I really didn't know, so I told her to go get me an ice pack form the fridge. She brought *All* of the ice packs.

After the initial incedent was over, I yelled at her pretty good amd made her brew me some Jow. Somewhere in there, while I was still in tears, I remember telling her to remeber how she did that, and that her form had been really good....what on EARTH made me say that??

Today, I actually feel better, and I can walk alright, I just can't fully straighten the leg. So long as I keep it a bit bent I don't feel very much at all...till the jow wears off that is. This one is an internal hit medicine too. Same formula, made with alcohal for the jow, and boiled for the internal use. I didn't have time to soak the herbs in alcohal, so I applied the boiled stuff topically, as well as drank it.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Mk,
I am not telling the likes of you, weather or not my daugter is hot....Jease, why even ask something like that, what's wrong with you!?!

Chief Fox
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
So what technique did she use? Was it a side kick to the knee cap or a round house kick to the side of the knee? Or was it something else?

MasterKiller
01-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Mk,
I am not telling the likes of you, weather or not my daugter is hot....Jease, why even ask something like that, what's wrong with you!?!

You started it. All that talk of her being young, lithe, and drenched with water.

Fuzzly
01-08-2007, 11:10 AM
As someone who very recently had ACL reconstruction (with a mishap!), I definitely won't argue over the effectiveness of a knee-attack. While my injury was due to a takedown+twist, I can tell that all it would take is a decent kick with lateral motion to the knee to mess it up.

Definitely go to the doctor. I was able to walk on my knee after I tore the ACL, but it wasn't anywhere near what it used to be. Actually, not being able to straighten your knee while you walk sounds a lot like my current situation.

As for the crunch, that sounds dangerous. I heard/felt a loud pop, and then I felt pain similar to yours. I was sparring, and when it happened I was kinda freaking out. Maybe I was lucky that it was a take-down because I couldn't have put any weight on it anyways.

Also, unless the doctor does an MRI, don't necessarily believe them if they say it's not torn. My first doctor said it wasn't, but the next one I went to thought it was and had an MRI done.

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Mk,

Hope it feels better. Sounds like you messed it up a bit.

Guess you trained your daughter well. Obviously MK is trying to get your dander up so you heal better. :)

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
What she hit me with. I think it was a standard "Stop" kick. She set me up wiht her hands, and then took my knee out. I don't think she intended to hit me all that hard, the just does not know her own strenght.

The good news is that I feel much better now. I can lock the leg out again, but it's sore, and still hurts. I really think it is just sprained. I am going to just take it easy for the rest of the week, and see how it goes.

It's weird, except for the pain when I fully extend it, is now feels looser, and stronger than the un injured one. Must be the jow.

MonkeyKingUSA
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
After the knee break comments started in the other thread I discussed knee injuries with my brother-in-law who is an M.D. (Internist). He said that due to the IT Band and the Meniscus, the sides of the knees are pretty stable and can take a bit of a beating. However, a kick done to the front of the knee below the kneecap (patella) would be the easiest way to damage the knee joint. There is less protection against injury and less structural integrity to prevent the knee from hyperextending.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 02:31 PM
She hit me square on, or just above the knee cap...at least that is where all my pain is.

FuXnDajenariht
01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
methinks you dislocated your kneecap bro. dont bet me on that but, it happened to me a few years ago on my birthday. i know that crunch very well cuz i kept reinjuring it about 7 or 8 times not letting it heal properly.

the initial injury is the worst by far. i thought i broke my leg. lol "lying helpless in the fetal position". brings back horrible memories. do yourself a favor and go to the doctor. your prolly gonna need a knee brace for a while. it took me about a year and a half to fully get back to normal without having to worry about dislocating it again. but i still have my off days where i hafta brace it for a couple days.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I think my Knee cap is fine, It really feel like the knee was forced to bend backwards just a tad more than it was designed to.

I will be making a doctor's appointment if the pain does not subside, but right now it seems to be improving.

Judge Pen
01-08-2007, 02:58 PM
As someone who very recently had ACL reconstruction (with a mishap!), I definitely won't argue over the effectiveness of a knee-attack. While my injury was due to a takedown+twist, I can tell that all it would take is a decent kick with lateral motion to the knee to mess it up.

Definitely go to the doctor. I was able to walk on my knee after I tore the ACL, but it wasn't anywhere near what it used to be. Actually, not being able to straighten your knee while you walk sounds a lot like my current situation.

As for the crunch, that sounds dangerous. I heard/felt a loud pop, and then I felt pain similar to yours. I was sparring, and when it happened I was kinda freaking out. Maybe I was lucky that it was a take-down because I couldn't have put any weight on it anyways.

Also, unless the doctor does an MRI, don't necessarily believe them if they say it's not torn. My first doctor said it wasn't, but the next one I went to thought it was and had an MRI done.

I was thinking the same thing. I was able to walk on my knee after I tore my ACL. After a couple of days I could walk without a limp, but it wasn't stable and would move on me. If it still gives you issues, go get the MRI.

FuXnDajenariht
01-08-2007, 03:02 PM
whos taking bets about the results? im going with dislocated kneecap. lol :D

oh yea i hope it gets better an all that. ;)

i got 5 bucks on it! :D

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Well, it seems to be feeling better today. There is still some residual soreness, but over all I have the range of motion back.

I'm saying it was sprained and that is all. I got lucky.

bodhitree
01-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I hope your healing goes well, sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll be training on one leg while your healing. I don't think anyone would argue about the knee being a good target for attack. Take care.

Chief Fox
01-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Stop Kick? Rear leg coming forward, toe facing out, making contact with the arch or heel?

What was the position of your leg? Was your leg straight when contact was made?

Gimmie more details on how the injury occured.

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I was backing up while deflecting her hands, and next thing I knew my rt leg was locked backwards. She says she hit me with a Stop kick usieng her rt leg, as she stepped in to follow me back.

Chief Fox
01-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I was backing up while deflecting her hands, and next thing I knew my rt leg was locked backwards. She says she hit me with a Stop kick usieng her rt leg, as she stepped in to follow me back.

Excellent!

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, my baby is pretty good, and she does not even train formally, no forms, or two man drills, we just sparr together. Her conditioning comes from Gymnastics all her life.