PDA

View Full Version : Weight gaining rumors

IronFist
09-14-2001, 09:23 PM
Ok, maybe someone will see my question if I give it it's own thread.

Someone mentioned that certain postures/forms can cause the practicioner to gain weight. What is up with this? And there are other postures that cause one to lose weight? Is it the ultimate diet then?

Someone explain to me what's going on? I don't want to start practicing Erle's forms and then become fat.

Explination please :)

Iron

Nexus
09-14-2001, 10:12 PM
Take what you hear and read from others with a grain of salt and keep practicing. Until you start gaining weight yourself, don't worry yourself, worry will hinder progress.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

IronFist
09-14-2001, 10:25 PM
So if I start getting fat and I stop doing whatever posture it is will I stop getting fat?

knock on wood, but I'd like to see something make me fat. 5-6,000 calorie/day diets didn't make me fat :)

knock on wood again.

Nexus did you get my email? j/w

Iron

Kevin Wallbridge
09-15-2001, 02:34 AM
Ok, I'll bite. I'm a professional in the Chinese medicine field. Nothing in Chinese medicine suggests that any particular movements cause unusual weight gain. Maybe a spleen disorder, but look first to the mind for the root of that problem.

Yang Chengfu didn't gain weight because he did Repulse Like Monkey, he gained weight because he was a diabetic and he ate too much. His reknown gave him the economic success to own a car and have anything for dinner that he wanted. Given the terrible situation China had undergone, revolutions-invasions-famine-disease, up to his time its not surprising he ate himself to death once he could buy whatever he wanted. :rolleyes:

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai