PDA

View Full Version : So, I saw a UFO today!

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I was headed east on I-88 and had to pull over and take this picture.

It was moving too fast when it was close. I was not able to get my camera ready to shoot fast enough to catch it. By the time I was able to take pictures, it had move miles away from me. The pic is where I zoomed in like 700% to show the object several miles behind a building that was about a mile from the spot I had pulled over to take the photo.

Does anyone know if we have technology to make a giant charcoal colored RECTANGLE move at really high rates of speed accross the Chicago skyline?

jigahus
01-08-2007, 06:39 PM
That's awesome.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I thought it was cool too. I wonder what it was?

racerX
01-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Do you know there was a ufo sighting at Ohare airport last week?

IronWeasel
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
If you zoom in a lot, you can see that there is a logo.

Ban-Hou
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Pretty neat! Thanks for sharing that.

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
So you really saw this today, RD, no ****??? Assuming you did see it, there's a few conclusions we could come to.

a) It's really a UFO and the government is covering it up somehow.
b) It's some secret aircraft, and the government is covering it up somehow.

Or:

c) You are taking strong meds that cause you to hallucinate and mistake blotches in the windshield for aircraft or something.

Option (b) makes no sense because why fly some secret aircraft around Chicagoland.
Option (a) how could the govt. cover up something so big, and why?
Option (c) probably the best bet under the circumstances.

BTW there's supposed to be some project Aurora or something that's posted about on the web, some successor to the B-2 or something. It could be that -- but why would they fly it around Chicagoland, and you're not the first person to say you saw a UFO recently, it has been pasted all over the news.

racerX
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/columnists/chi-0701010141jan01,0,5874175.column?coll=chi-newsnationworldiraq-hed
What size do you think it was?This says large and grey.Ya never know.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Dude, it was no "Blotch" on my windsheild, this thing was HUGE, like a small builidng knocked over and flying. It booggied too, from the far south end of the sky line to where I photgraphed it, in only a few minutes. I rolled my window down when i took the pic.

My freind called WFLD Tv, and they e-mailed me in like 10 mintes asking for the pic.

Look for it on the news tonite, you may see it!

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
LOL!! At Bak Fu Pai!!!

Well, now we know what it was! :p

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Dude, it was no "Blotch" on my windsheild, this thing was HUGE, like a small builidng knocked over and flying. It biggied too, form the far south end of the sky line to where I photgraphed it in only a few minutes. I rolled my window down when i took the pic.

My freind called WFLD Tv, and they e-mailed me in like 10 mintes asking for the pic.

Look for it on the news tonite, you may see it!

Project Aurora's supposed to be smaller, if it is a govt. thing then it must be something new. But why fly it over Chicagoland? That makes no sense at all.

Maybe aliens will come and eat all of us. That would be something. At least then we'd have something better to worry about than the latest Lama Pai vs. Bak Fu Pai spat.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
c) You are taking strong meds that cause you to hallucinate and mistake blotches in the windshield for aircraft or something.

Dude, how does my camera see it if I hallucinated it?

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 08:37 PM

Dude, how does my camera see it if I hallucinated it?

Maybe it was a blotch on your camera? I have no idea. Maybe you photographed it from within your car?

Hell, I've had people tell me they've seen Satan, and they have blotchy video of UFOs on T.V. all the time. I have no idea.

desertkruzr
01-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey Royaldragon,
I'm a bit confused. Did you actually see this thing today, or was this just a gag as part of the whole Bak Fu Pai flame war that's going on here right now?
If you really saw this, where exactly were you (city, state) when you saw it?
Thanks.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes, I atually saw this thing. I was heading east on I-88 towards Chicago, from Aurora when it happend. I took the pic some time around 2:20 today i think.

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Yes, I atually saw this thing. I was heading east on I-88 towards Chicago, from Aurora when it happend. I took the pic some time around 2:20 today i think.

Maybe the U.S. govt is running their secret planes now in public places to divert public attention from the war in Iraq.

I mean, if Iraq was wagging the dog to avert attention from domestic policy, then what would be wagging the dog to avert attention from Iraq? North Korea? Maybe they decided on UFOs.

LOL

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Who knows. I just want to know what that thing was. And also, where can I get one for myself :p

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Who knows. I just want to know what that thing was. And also, where can I get one for myself :p

You probably couldn't afford the maintenance and insurance.

Toby
01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Hell, I've had people tell me they've seen Satan ...Ask GDA if he's seen Satan. He sees him everyday IIRC.

Royal Dragon
01-08-2007, 09:08 PM
You probably couldn't afford the maintenance and insurance.

Reply]
LOL!!

Water Dragon
01-08-2007, 09:15 PM
this thread clears up a lot of questions I've had for a while now...

desertkruzr
01-08-2007, 09:19 PM
That's pretty wild.
Personally, I don't doubt it at all. Myself and hundreds of other people had many UFO sightings in the Hudson Valley area of New York back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Check out the book "Night Siege" by Dr. J. Allen Hynek and Philip Imbrogno

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Siege-Hudson-Valley-Sightings/dp/156718362X/sr=1-1/qid=1168315173/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9049516-5722343?ie=UTF8&s=books

I saw a boomerang shaped one, and a large triangular one like the one that you saw. The triangular shaped one that I saw was hovering about 100 feet up over a farmhouse, and it stayed there for like 10 minutes. It didn't make a sound. We could see a metallic, grid-like structure on the bottom of it, and there were many pulsating lights on the bottom of it as well. The thing was like 300 yards long. After a while, it slowly moved away over a hill, and then it was gone. The whole experience really blows my mind even to this day.

The book that I sent you the link to has reports of many such sightings that happened to all kinds of people in the Hudson Valley area back then. Even several State troopers and other police talk about the sightings that they had.

SifuAbel
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow dude, thats incredible!! You can go on those UFO shows now on NGC.

lunghushan
01-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Too bad it's probably all a hoax. If there truly were some advanced technology like this, they could probably win the war in Iraq.

And if it's aliens, then at least there might be some proof of intelligent life in the universe. (Humans don't exactly count -- they can't even stop killing each other).

So, Occam's Razor, it's all a hoax... nice one, RD. It's a little early for April's fools.

Old Tiger
01-09-2007, 07:20 AM
RD,

I won't speculate if it was or was not an UFO. I do believe in UFO, since I saw one about 30 years ago, and it was no gov't experiment plane, since we still do not have the technology to make a plane completely noiseless flying about 1000 feet overhead. However, from the pic, it looks like an advertisment banner that has been flying around the SW burbs. I actually saw it on Sunday over the Fox Valley Mall area, and it was a huge banner and shaped exactly like the shape shown in your photo. Watch for it, because the last couple of weeks, I have kept seeing alot of aerial advertisment going on around the SW burbs.

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Wow dude, thats incredible!! You can go on those UFO shows now on NGC.

Reply]
No thank you! I am perfectly ahppy wiht the little crowd here knowing I'm nutts, I don't need the world knowing that.

Reply]
No, it was not an ad banner, it was too big for one, moved WAY too fast for two, and when it circled you could see it was 3 dimensional.

If you keep in mind that this thing was MILES behind the building it's pictured over, you can see it was really big.

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
this thread clears up a lot of questions I've had for a while now...

Reply]
Such as?

bodhitree
01-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I think the knee pain is starting to get to you

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Subject: RE: object in sky today
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:07:25 -0800
From: "Dan Schwab" <Dan.Schwab@FOXTV.COM> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: royaldragonusa@yahoo.com
Hi Gian,

My name is Dan Schwab. I’m an Executive Producer at Fox Chicago. I’m very interested in your story on UFO’s. In fact, I’m trying to do a story exploring their existence. Please email your picture. I’d love to see it. Lets talk.

jigahus
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Gian,

My name is Dan Schwab. I’m an Executive Producer at Fox Chicago. I’m very interested in your story on UFO’s. In fact, I’m trying to do a story exploring their existence. Please email your picture. I’d love to see it. Lets talk.

Get money from this.

Chief Fox
01-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know if we have technology to make a giant charcoal colored RECTANGLE move at really high rates of speed accross the Chicago skyline?
This is interesting. When I was a kid, I remember my Grandfather telling me a story one time about a large gray rectangular object that he saw in the sky.

He said that he was sitting on his porch and he saw this object miles away moving slowly and steadily towards him. He watched it as is flew directly over his house and moved away.

I'm not sure if he ever told anyone else about it but it sounds a lot like your rectangular object.

Oh, he told me that story at least 25 years ago! :eek:

I wish the darn aliens would just come already. I'm really tired of all this now you see us now you don't game they play.

Royal Dragon
01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I had a thought that it may be some sort of mobile miltary command vehicle (because of it's size) Maybe our boys had it out on a test run?

Old Tiger
01-09-2007, 11:48 AM
What I saw about 30 years ago was saucer shaped, with a diameter slightly longer than a 747 jumbo jet. I estimated that it was moving about 20-30 mph. At that speed it cannot be an airplane, esp given the size. It was not a helicopter because there was no air disturbance, given that it was not more than a 1000 feet overhead. It happened in a quiet suburb in Kansas around 5pm on a clear summer day, so there was no weather related allusion, or light reflection off of a night sky. Those are the usual explainations for UFO sighings.

I came out of the house with two of my cousins and walked over to a car parked on the street. Nothing unusual, no noise and no breeze of any kind. Got into the car ready to go and I happened to look up and saw this strange object. We got out of the car and just watched it. It was ascending slowly, and the path it took was that it had to have gone directly over our heads while we were walking to the car. After a few minutes, we got into the car and try to follow it for a little bit. We've observed it for about 15 minutes total. We were teenagers back in the 70's, so we didn't bother to tell anyone, cause no one would have believe in a few teenagers. They would have thought that we were on drugs or have been drinking, which we weren't.

Mano Mano
01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Lots of people have probable seen UFO’s, if you tell people you’ve seen a UFO you’re immediately labelled a nut. Just because you saw an Unidentified Flying Object Doesn’t mean you are a nut seeing flying saucers from outer space & little green men.

I live on the English north east coast & a few years ago I came out my house one night it was a very dark & clear winters sky I just happened to look up at the stars & noticed 3 bright lights moving towards each other in an equilateral triangle formation. When they finally met at the centre then there was an even brighter light, all of a sudden the brighter light just suddenly disappeared. I don’t know exactly what I saw however I there was a rumour that NATO were doing some military & naval manoeuvres in the North Sea around that time.

Shaolin Wookie
01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Why don't you guys just join Scientology?

Just kiddin'.....please don't.

I personally think UFO's are ludicrous. I think life could exist out there somewhere. Maybe that life has ships.

But considering the likelihood that any two civilizations in the vast immensity of unoccupied space could ever meet--hell, that's nigh impossible.

If there's infinite worlds, and the universe is constantly expanding, and any one point in space is actually the center of the universe.....

Come on. It's not like "Grab your anal probe and head out to the nearest planet."

Go check the figures on how long it takes a beam of light to reach Pluto from the sun. Then imagine how all things moving slower than the speed of light (probably mere fractions of) would take to actually travel planet to planet without getting stuck in planetary orbits or those dang black holes.

Now imagine traveling from star to star. Ever notice how the largest visible interplanetary objects are always just specks? Even to astronauts? Do you know how long it takes to get to another star? This alien civilization would have to be completely mobile in interplanetary terms. They'd have to be more technologically advanced---billions of years, most likely. (It takes a long time for that protozoa to grow arms, get all Freudified, and start thinking "Man, I gotta get the **** off this planet!! I hate all these *******s!!!!") Then they'd have to build these massive starships. I have no friggin' clue how they'd get them out of the grips of gravity....

Okay. Now take into consideration the age of the universe (currently approx. 14.5 billion years old. Earth is 4.5 billion years old). Evolution has reached what on earth in 4.5 billion years? Let's see: Single-celled organisms. Rat-like thingies. Monkeys. Apes. War. Zoroastrianism. War. The Greeks. War. The Romans. War. The Christians. War. The Muslims. War. TV. War. The Apollo. War. Scientology?

If we can't achieve peace and start a massive fund for interplanetary travel, I don't see any organism doing it. And if their civilization did manage to achieve their own planetary peace, they'd have to prize complete kindness or totalitarianism. If they were kind, they wouldn't be paranoid, buzzing around our stratosphere (not to mention the anal probes). They'd just pop in, say "wassup!" (Or "Glurkkit!!) If they were totalitarian, they'd be preoccupied with self-regulation, and regulating another planet wouldn't be on the docket.

Now. Let's say some organism did evolve in a strange means elsewhere. Would it be apparent? Could we see it? Does its home planet have the necessary assortment of metals to build a ship? What if it's chronically retarded? Could we even imagine what extraterrestrial life is? Why would it fly a ship? Maybe it's like a ghost (another impossibility) and it travels without regard to matter and mass. Maybe it can walk on photons like an alien Jesus.

Most likely, life on other planets amounts to humanoid creatures slaughtering themselves to the glory of the local god and government.

Or else it's Xenu, and Tom Cruise is sane.

If we really want to experience first contact, we ought to do the following.

As of today, we start shooting every corpse onto interplanetary/intergalactic trajectories, to fly out into outer space and not get stuck in orbit. Sooner or later, with our extremely high mortality rates (sickness, crime, religion), a whole fleet of corpses would be flying through the Milky Way. They might escape our solar system. Hell, long after the sun has stopped burning, they might even get out of the galaxy. Maybe some alien someday will come across one of these intergalactic human popsicles, as it hits his windshield. He'll be like "What the ****?" He'll reel it in with his fishing cable, examine it, and think--"where did this thing come from?" He'll get the intergalactic fleet together and follow the trail of bodies. His personal quest will define the civilization. It will have a direct purpose. Something to achieve and seek. It will become a religion. After eons, when this extraterrestrial pilot is no longer even a memory in his own fleet and species, as the entire phyla has evolved into myriad other offshoots unified by a single ideology--(the where did this thing come from? question)--, the quest will reach it's illustrious end, and the religious-like quest of these intergalactic travelers will find the disappointing solution to the age old question: "Where the **** did this come from?"

There'll be a burned out star surrounded by a couple of cold, condensed rocks.

They'll all lose hope, and then start shooting their corpses into outer space like a trail of bread crumbs for the next hapless intergalactic civilization.

Hahahahahaha......this would make a funny movie....or book.....

David Jamieson
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
all will be revealed soon.

and when I say soon, I mean just a few more years.
Be patient and it will all come to pass.

:)

BoulderDawg
01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I want to have sex with an alien female.

For years now we've been hearing about our earth women being impregated with alien babies and anal probes and all sorts of stuff like that. I think it's time we turned the tables!:eek:

Ving Sing
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I saw it too!!!!!!!

But i think it was Richard Pitts teleporting himself from his grave:eek:

IronFist
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Gian,

If you send them your pic, watermark the hell out of it so they don't steal it, and don't send them the original until they agree to pay you.

Also, the Executive Producer at Fox Chicago apparently thinks that an apostrophe s makes a word plural. Ask him if he will hire me as his editor.

Mano Mano
01-10-2007, 01:07 AM
To me a UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object not a flying saucer from outer space just simply just that it could be a plane, helicopter, or weather balloon it’s just at the time it may be difficult to make out what it is.

mantiskilla
01-10-2007, 06:20 AM
we're the aliens, man...we're the aliens. well, not exactly. But the Nommo genetically altered our ancestors to create ****sapien and they reside in a liquid filled pod that appears as a moon of Saturn. We await their return, but not until the deserts fill with water and the moat around the Sphinx is ready for amphibians.
________
Marijuana Hemp (http://marijuanahemp.com)

Old Tiger
01-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Shaolin Wookie,

You are looking at space travel only from classical physic model and neglected theories derived from Einstein and others. It is true that it would take a vast amount of time to travel from stars to different stars traveling at the speed of light. However, you are neglecting the theory that space and time can be warped to bring two distance point much closer (this is not just sci-fi, but from Einstein and others derived from Einstein's theories) In addition, science is only observation, not gospel truth or anything like that. Currently, we can only observed that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. But base on just our knowledge, can we say for sure that nothing else in the universe can travel faster than the speed of light. What about other things (other than light), that may or may not exist because we do not have the knowledge or technology to observe it yet. Maybe aliens have "evolved further", they may had a few billions years head start than human. Maybe they have figured out how to travel faster than the speed of light, or maybe they have figured out the space-time thing.

While I'm talking about sci-fi speculations. I could bring up the possibility that we may not be seeing alien space crafts, but actually seeing crafts from our own future. Maybe they are experiment with manipulating the time-space continuum and some hiccup occurred to cause a small rift in time. From Einstein's relativity theory, we may be observing an event from two different point, where this point has transcended not just distance, but time also. Maybe I should be a sci-fi writer. :)

mantiskilla
01-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Kurt Vonnegut beat you to it.
________
Side Effects Of Nexium (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

mickey
01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Greetings,

RD,

Is this the best you can come up with for the New Year?

mickey

David Jamieson
01-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Science is not just observation, it is also measurement.

and getting to wear lab coats.

:p

If we are experimenting with time travel, then it stands to reason that we have already altered our own past for any number of reasons ranging from lamo attempts at correcting the continuum, to reversing a severe error that does huge damage etc etc. But ultimately it could also mean that we ourselves essentially become our own gods and live in a perpetual cycle that is non-linear and instead is on a loop of say a few million years, or at least long enough that we go through x amounts of growths and destructions and cannot historically remember anything beyond a few thousand years.

In which case, the Hindus are correct and they get what's behind door #3 and ...oh no! It's Shiva! Run for your lives!

Radhnoti
01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
10 or so years ago it was 2 AM and a friend and I were driving home on a local parkway, barely passed another car the entire night. I glanced up and noticed a lot of stars were blotted out by a large, dark shape. I stop the car and we get out and look up. The shape was rectangular and there were four semi-bright lights at each corner, but we were unable to see the mid-section except that it was blotting out the stars behind it. I have no way to gauge it's size at this point...not until it passes directly overhead. There's NO noise at all, and the thing is the size of a football field...that's assuming it was CLOSE overhead, it could've been bigger, in the darkness it was hard to tell. It moves a bit away, again no point of reference for me to give good distances, then flips from horizontal to vertical and sideways (the lights and stars it's blocking seeming to show it was mostly a flattened shape, like RD's I assume)...then accelerates away and disappears in approximately 2 minutes.

My friend and I went from excited chatter (What is that? A blimp? Way too big! There's no noise?) to complete silence as it sped away. No way something that big and quiet should have disappeared over the horizon that quickly.
I'd love to know what that thing was...

SevenStar
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
we're the aliens, man...we're the aliens. well, not exactly. But the Nommo genetically altered our ancestors to create ****sapien and they reside in a liquid filled pod that appears as a moon of Saturn. We await their return, but not until the deserts fill with water and the moat around the Sphinx is ready for amphibians.

Nommo? Are you into Dogon history?

Royal Dragon
01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Radhnoti,
Yeah, that sounds like what I saw, only mine was broad daylight. It didn't pass over me, but was miles east of me at it's closest point.

When I first saw it, it was in the South Suburbs. I didn't realise how huge it was untill I saw it directly east of me when it was moving fast. By the time I pulled over, got my camera out an reset it to it's maximum resolution, it was almost too far to see anymore. If i hadn't had a camera that originally retailed at just under $1000.00, we would not be able to see it in the photo, as clearly as we do.

I got it's exact shape, and everything. It's probably the only UFO pic ever to NOT be blurry and out of focus.

I'd love to know what it was, and how something that huge, shaped like a knocked over building can fly so fast despite the worst areodynamics that can be imagined.

If you look at my pic, you see one end is a bit rounded. That is the back. It flew with the flat, angulated end as the front.

mantiskilla
01-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Nommo? Are you into Dogon history?

hahhaha...I didnt think anyone would get it. yes. but i've read some things contradicting the time frame of their knowledge of Sirius B and C.
________
18TEEN (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/18TEEN/)

Ray Pina
01-11-2007, 07:41 AM
W

Go check the figures on how long it takes a beam of light to reach Pluto from the sun. Then imagine how all things moving slower than the speed of light (probably mere fractions of) would take to actually travel planet to planet ...
Now imagine traveling from star to star.

The problem is you're imagining things with the limited mind of a man of 2007. Nothing travels faster than light.... that WE know about NOW.

The man of 1790 couldn't imagine affordable air travel for the masses never mind taking a spaceship up to the moon to have a walk and a hit a golf ball.

In a world where anything is possible anything can happen

BruceSteveRoy
01-11-2007, 07:58 AM
If we are experimenting with time travel, then it stands to reason that we have already altered our own past for any number of reasons ranging from lamo attempts at correcting the continuum, to reversing a severe error that does huge damage etc etc. But ultimately it could also mean that we ourselves essentially become our own gods and live in a perpetual cycle that is non-linear and instead is on a loop of say a few million years, or at least long enough that we go through x amounts of growths and destructions and cannot historically remember anything beyond a few thousand years.

Not necessarily true. i always thought that humans will never discover time travel bc if it was possible that would mean, like you said, time isn't linear. which is to say that a does not follow b does not follow c. if this were the case we would have already noticed us traveling into points prior to the invention of time travel. if time is not linear than it wouldn't be a question of will we discover time travel the question is have we discovered it. bc since a does not follow b past present and future are not relevent markers. but i resolved with myself that i firmly believe that time IS, in fact, linear. i was born i lived i died and if it goes in any other order than beware bc that wouldme i am an evil dead and zombiegeddon is happening. take cover. anyway the reason i have been able to resolve the linear nature of time and the possibility of time travel is from my limited study of quantum mechanics. a very watered down explanation of one concept in quantum theory is that when an action occurs at that point on the time line every possible outcome occurs. so it is still linear in an infinite number of directions. like a fractal. so if we were to discover time travel tomorrow we will have created a divergent reality and thus a divergent past to travel into. and for the nearly infinite number or realities that created time travel simultaneously there would be just as many that don't. so this means these paradoxical time loops wouldn't happen. or so they tell me.
regards,
~Steve
p.s. sorry if that was a rambling nonsense. i tried to organize my thoughts as best i could. i think i may have failed. lol

SevenStar
01-11-2007, 11:39 AM
hahhaha...I didnt think anyone would get it. yes. but i've read some things contradicting the time frame of their knowledge of Sirius B and C.

I've been into them for a minute. Back around 2000 or 2001 I knew a guy who was really big into bukti negara silat. I trained with him on several occasions, and in one day while we were talking, he brought up the dogons. I started reading about them and have been intrigued ever since. What did you find?

mantiskilla
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
the 'Sirius Mystery' (not an easy read,like you need notes to keep up, but lots of interesting information if true) goes into their history pretty in depth. I read an article within the last year or so that went into when the Dogon knew what. Basically the articles idea was that the French anthropologists that lived with the tribe back in the 1930's may have given them information about Sirius B. So the fact that everyone made such a big deal that the Dogon knew about Sirius B before it was ever spotted by a telescope is out the window...they knew it from the anthropologists living with them. However, this does not explain how they knew about Sirius C, which if i remember correctly, was not discovered until 1970's. Also, the article spoke about the Dogons supposed drawings of spaceships and said it was misinterpreted by anthropologists, etc. Thats about all i remember from the article. Anyway, lots of strange stuff connecting the Babylonians, ancient Egyptians and the Dogon.
________
N02 VAPORIZER (http://no2vaporizers.com)

SevenStar
01-11-2007, 12:00 PM
interesting. I'll have to check it out. I know the babylonians have a god that is similar to the depiction of what nommo look like. FWIW, the chinese do as well. His name is fu xi - he was credited with creating the i ching, if I'm not mistaken

Ninjak
01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
omg maybe earth has seen the last of its days as a free planet due to newly sighted "scout" ships planning route for the ever strong mother ships to land and unleash a firery chaos upon the earth unless we unite as martial arts brethen and fight back these alien dieties................................sounds cool but

i think you jumped to conclusions man ;)

mantiskilla
01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
omg maybe earth has seen the last of its days as a free planet due to newly sighted "scout" ships planning route for the ever strong mother ships to land and unleash a firery chaos upon the earth unless we unite as martial arts brethen and fight back these alien dieties................................sounds cool but

i think you jumped to conclusions man ;)

its too bad, because personally, i welcome the chaos. i'm sick of this sh!t.
________
EXPERT INSURANCE (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

David Jamieson
01-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Not necessarily true. i always thought that humans will never discover time travel bc if it was possible that would mean, like you said, time isn't linear. which is to say that a does not follow b does not follow c. if this were the case we would have already noticed us traveling into points prior to the invention of time travel. if time is not linear than it wouldn't be a question of will we discover time travel the question is have we discovered it. bc since a does not follow b past present and future are not relevent markers. but i resolved with myself that i firmly believe that time IS, in fact, linear. i was born i lived i died and if it goes in any other order than beware bc that wouldme i am an evil dead and zombiegeddon is happening. take cover. anyway the reason i have been able to resolve the linear nature of time and the possibility of time travel is from my limited study of quantum mechanics. a very watered down explanation of one concept in quantum theory is that when an action occurs at that point on the time line every possible outcome occurs. so it is still linear in an infinite number of directions. like a fractal. so if we were to discover time travel tomorrow we will have created a divergent reality and thus a divergent past to travel into. and for the nearly infinite number or realities that created time travel simultaneously there would be just as many that don't. so this means these paradoxical time loops wouldn't happen. or so they tell me.
regards,
~Steve
p.s. sorry if that was a rambling nonsense. i tried to organize my thoughts as best i could. i think i may have failed. lol

everything in nature is of a circular nature travelling in orbital patterns. why shouldn't time be the same way? and who's to say we don't notice the effects?
for instance, things like out of place and out of time objects? what of deep meditation prophecies? what of the nature of the mind itself and how much we don't realize may be true or not true based purely on how we percieve things. You only see the world the way you see it because of the shape of your eyes, if they carried a different shape of lens, it would be a whole different place to you.
and so, over time, the way you grew to understanding more and more would be almost entirely different than how you grow to understand now.

There is more to what there is than what is apparent. That's my point I guess. It IS possible that time is not linear and it is also possible that like the curvature of the earth, we cannot see that it is not a linear path because we have not discovered a way to practically give ourselves a relative perspective on time in the same way we can give ourselevs a relative perspective on our physical surroundings.

Time is of our own invention, but it is a self evident thing as we can measure it. but compared to how much time we can imagine there to be, can we honestly say it doesn't loop like everything else in the universe?

btw mandelbrot staring will mess you up! :D

Shaolin Wookie
01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
The problem is you're imagining things with the limited mind of a man of 2007. Nothing travels faster than light.... that WE know about NOW.

The man of 1790 couldn't imagine affordable air travel for the masses never mind taking a spaceship up to the moon to have a walk and a hit a golf ball.

In a world where anything is possible anything can happen

:confused: If I'm thinking of the limited mind of man of 2007, what exactly are you thinking with?:confused: That's a baaaaad way to start a retort.

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but the world and universe at large are just about as boring and defunct on a social level as they are. Quantum Physics is fun to study, but then those new-age hippies get a hold of it and you wind up with that crazy cult (what the Bleep) and every local Yogi and Dancing Chung-Li Master preaching his gospel based on the movements of subatomic particles, Pink Floyd style. Well, particles are particles, and humans are humans--and even the biggest contra-Einstein skeptics agree that as atomic constructions grow in size, they become more ordered to the point that the classical model of hte universe holds true--universally. You're never going to travel in time (any more than the fractions of millionths of seconds that astronauts have already), and you'll never meet an alien species outside of the offspring of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, or the immigrants most Americans blame for wage-labor shortages. MAybe I'm wrong three million years from now, but when I'm playing with my particle accelerator, I'm right today 99.9% of the time. And classically--well, its pretty **** continuous....;)

And not everything is possible. For instance: It is quite probable that it is entirely impossible to breach any kind of lasting peace between Israeli's and Palestinians. I think we ought to ship the quarreling factions off to the moon to duke it out and see just what they'll inherit--that is, precisely.....dust.....:p It is quite impossible, with the limited mind of man of 2007 to describe the location and momentum of subatomic particles. I is quite impossible to describe the limitations of the limited mind of man of 2007 while using the limited mind of man of 2007 (Godel, anyone?)

Now, as for interstellar travel: Let's say we travel to another galaxy on our scout ship and sift through the billions upon billions of stars therein, each with its many planets, each with its many moons. It's quite a chore to scan for life....right? That's gonna take awhile. But we've got some kind of overdrive that cuts down our travel time (worm holes or some such other theoretical construct). Still, you're not going to be in hyperdrive all the time. On billionth of an inch to the left and you wind up crashing into Alex, fresh on his journey to protect the Star League from Zur and the Kodan Armada......"G-******!!!" you scream. Or else you wind up crashing into a star, or you get lost in your wormhole and wind up in a black hole, or your hyperdrive malfuntions and you wind up crushed in some pocket universe, in the pocket of another universe.

Lets put that aside for a moment. Now, we've searched entire galaxy, but didn't find anything. We decide to drop back in on HQ to report our findings (or lack thereof). We exit the local galaxy via the Interstate exit ramp (a little trickier than it sounds, because every point in space is the center of the universe), but now all the galaxies look the same from afar. In space there is no up or down, left or right, north, south, east, or west. The galaxy that was previously on your left is now.....well, where the **** is it? The only way to travel in a straight line is to just go with inertia, but then you have to avoid planetary gravitational pulls, and all that space-curviture (which is diffucult to understand at first, but makes perfect sense after a while). How do we get our coordinates if we deviate from a direct line? In space, motion is relative....and in interstellar travel, so are our directions. We might be able to get from A to B, but from A to Z in a single bound? Imagine trying to get to any one star without a stationary HQ to plot the course from. We can get from Earth to the moon, or mars, or pluto, b/c we're not moving (from our point of view). The space ship is just the method of conveyence. And we're pretty much waiting for certain alignments to keep us from having to deviate from our course. But to make this starship the HQ? Hmmm....that's tricky. See, from any one point in space, there are billions of stars, each representing its billions of paths to those billions of stars. The previous star/planet probably looks like any of those other spatial objects. Maybe we use doppler or something to find out which is closest, or which is moving at the proper speed in order to determine which star/planet is the one we need to refer to. But that's a tough chore without the basic reconaissance plotted out in advance from a stationary/planetary HQ. How to plot the course without? It would take longer to compute trajectories than to travel one of them, but if you make a mistake, you're going to die before you make any headway (and you begin to know what it's like to be a photon in a double slit experiment):) ...

It's an orienteering nightmare (and probably the reason you won't get out of the galaxy very easily). You have to have two reference points to plot a trajectory. So you send out your beacon to HQ in order to find your coordinates. Unfortunately, all your reference points really look the same. And if you're completely galaxy-less.....well, how exactly do you describe your position in a place with no positions? GPS, yes. UPS (universal-PS), not on your life.

Well, ****. You've gone so far that you're going to have to wait for the goddanged speed of light to convey the information you wish to send out. You send it in every direction, and you just decide to wait, and wait, and wait....

Well, you end up waiting longer than the Christians have waited for the Second Coming. As long as it took for it to send, it takes just that long to get back to you. Instantaneous communication? Not bloody likely.

Okay, now let's imagine something more realistic. We're one of eight planets in orbit around the sun (Pluto's just an ice-block meteor sucked in from the Oort Cloud, so it doesn't count) that hosts life right now. Mars might have once upon a time. But we kicked it out of the club--b/c in order for there to be significant, successful alien life, the environment has to remain relatively stable. Look at the specific atmospheric conditions necessary to host humanoid life. They're very unlikely (1:8 with regards to the sun). Now, there's billions upon billions of stars in our galaxy, most of them bigger than our local star. They'd exert enough pull to draw in far more matter, with the likelihood of far more planets. Let's say 1/20 planets has atmospheric components necessary for life. But what's the likelihood they'll reach the equilibrium ours has. Look at Venus and Mars. A little too far or too close, and you're toast. Or, let's imagine a breed of methane-breathing aliens who can only hear in super ultraviolet frequencies, who share a single species consciousness, and are actually 1/50th the size of the average human.....could they sense our presence, or a planetary presence? Do they even know what's going on around them? Are they anything other than self-aware? Or, can they even be self-aware?

Our view of alien life is so sadly anthropocentric---to the point of absurdity. What's the likelihood that an extraterrestrial brain exists? Slim to none. Everything evolves in reference to its environment. It's why organisms breath oxygen, or plants carbon dioxide. We don't trade the least abundant elements of our atmosphere.........and there aren't any atmospheres like ours anywhere in throwing distance (in interstellar terms, that is).

Size would play an issue here. I can imagine an alien civilization consisting of members 3 billion times the size of humans (or billionsX more) perhaps, on some blue moon (this phrase loses its meaning in this context), making first contact with something (probably an amoeba it stepped on while playing hopscotch galaxy-to-galaxy.

I've never seen a UFO. And neither have you.

There are more schizo's and liars than you could ever believe. Everyone please: PLEASE!!!! Take your meds. We're floating around in a relatively uninhabited universe, unwatched, unloved, unknown, duking it out for control of the local anthill. Ain't no magnifying glass. Ain't no eye behind it.

Shaolin Wookie
01-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Did anyone else just hear a toilet flush?

Royal Dragon
01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I've never seen a UFO. And neither have you.

Reply]
Ok, then what was the huge giant charcoal colored rectangle thing I photographed flyning across the Chicago skyline, hmmm?

Last i knew, big tall buildings did not fall over, and float up on thier sides to fly around the city.....

Royal Dragon
01-13-2007, 02:34 PM
As for your model of the galaxy, suppose the galaxy is teeming with life, and all one needs to do is aim in any direction to find a life supporting planet orbiting around a star?

Maybe your theoretical search is not too impossible.

The Willow Sword
01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Interesting Picture. I think we can all safely assume that this was an object not readily identified( Hence a UFO)

I would encourage the Ufo Peeps here and skeptics to read the works of "Zecharia Sitchin". Some VERY interesting theories and possible proof to back up the theories,to say the least.

Peace,TWS

Shaolin Wookie
01-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Ok, then what was the huge giant charcoal colored rectangle thing I photographed flyning across the Chicago skyline, hmmm?

Optimus Prime?

Shaolin Wookie
01-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Swamp gas?

Shaolin Wookie
01-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Question is--did anyone else get a photograph of it? Chicago is a huge city. There's traffic copters all around, and the airport surely would have picked up something that massive on their radar, right?

I'm sorry. In these kinds of claims, it's going to take supplementary proof in order to corroborate the authenticity of that photograph.

Wait a second. Now that I think about it, I did see something about this on the news.

I'm gonna surf the net for a sec to see if I can find it.

Okay, I'm back. Search turned up positive.

I've found the necessary second to RD's photo.....look for it on my attachment.....

Truly amazing. I think I'm beginnning to believe, and now I feel like such a sucker for that last post.

Shaolin Wookie
01-14-2007, 07:05 AM
As for your model of the galaxy, suppose the galaxy is teeming with life, and all one needs to do is aim in any direction to find a life supporting planet orbiting around a star?

Maybe your theoretical search is not too impossible.

Let's suppose that's so. Which direction do you choose, which star? They're so far away that you can't exactly just blast off and expect that because it's in front of you, that you're going to get there. You have to actually know its position beforehand to get there (in your lifetime, or an alien's lifetime). A thousandth of an inch to the left or right, too high or too low, and you'll wind up on the other side of the galaxy. And as for getting energy for propulsion in outer space--well, wtf???? You'd have to drift most of the way (we're talking decades, centuries, millennia of travel, dude). Would an alien species really be that interested in such a trek? We're assuming:

1. They know what our gravity and environment is like (b/c they're flying around in our atmosphere).

2. They know how to get here (b/c they've done it a million times).

3. They don't have problems on their own planet (war spending/defense budgets keep us from granting unlimited resources to NASA).

We can get to the moon (maybe, although that flag waving in low gravity seems to help conspiracy theory that we never did--and the fact that we haven't again on successive efforts [ie, technology is supposed to get better, not worse--and a peice of foam kept us out of space a couple of months ago:D :D :D ]), and we're now talking Mars. But we have to plot space probe trajectories years/decades in advance in order to make sure they'll reach their destination. The cost for these operations is gigantic. How do aliens get their funding? For every successful enterprise, we have to assume that there are at least a hundred failures....do they really have that much funding? This presupposes that they are united in their effort to find extraterrestrial life. For what? If they found us, and wished to verify that discovery, they'd make contact. As I stated earlier, intergalactic/interstellar communication is a real beeyotch, to use NASA terminology. So they wouldn't just recon, because the recon would be wasted.

Man, intergalactic/interstellar travel is far more complicated than you guys think.

Radhnoti
01-14-2007, 07:05 AM
SW, just to be clear...UFO doesn't necessitate "little green men". It means you saw something and didn't know what it was.
It's a bit close-minded to assume EVERYONE that saw something they didn't recognize is lying or deluded. I saw something, RD saw something, millions of people have seen something...maybe it'll turn out to be experimental military aircraft.

Shaolin Wookie
01-14-2007, 07:10 AM
I was debunking the alien theories posted repeatedly. As for "secret military aircraft"--they wouldn't be flying around Chicago where camera wielding MA's could take snapshots......or they wouldn't be very secret, would they?

Everyone knows what we're talking about.......

I'm just not speaking in ambiguities....

You don't have to agree with me. It's probably better you don't, for the sake of discussion.

Try to change my mind......

I think my photograph is just as genuine as his. Sorry RD:) .

David Jamieson
01-14-2007, 08:26 AM
not everyone carries around a camera every second of every day and not everyion can whip one out in the 20 seconds of their encounter and take that perfect shot.

Deliberate composition more often than not will turn out a good shot of a ufo. IE: you stake out a place where they are known to appear and set up for your shoot.

shoulda woulda coulda.... despite those three things, there is an overwhelming pile of photographs and videos , sound recordings, eye witnesses, abductees, ex-mil folks who say they are real etc etc.

I always enjoy it when someone says there is not significant evidence of these vehicles or their occupants. Yes, quite a lot of it is hoax material, but even if only one of them is applicable, then clearly the idea is valid.

I can think of a few ufo stories and encounters that cannot be contradicted by even the hardiest of th hardy skeptics.

I wouldn't worry too much about the interdimensional beings, for the most part they are benign, and they really have always been there anyway. We just are unaware for teh most part because we are unable to percieve them.

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 09:05 AM
not everyone carries around a camera every second of every day and not everyion can whip one out in the 20 seconds of their encounter and take that perfect shot.

Reply]
Very true. In my case I had an expensive Cannon Rebel XT digital SLR with me because of my Job. Even then, between being awestruck, and haveing to pull over out of traffic, get it out of it's case, and reset the exposure/ apature and shutter speed as well as the quality setting, the object had moved off and was now MILES form where it would have been to take a good close shot (due to it sheer speed it was moving).

The fact that I have a really clear picture of it, despite being so far away, haveing the wrong lense, and my general newness to owning a camera of this quality really says alot about Cannon didgital cameras.

This thing was not a plane, it was not a blimp (WAY too big, and moved way too fast). It most closely resembled a big building that had been knocked down on it's side which had floated up and started flying around.

Shaolin Wookie, I assure you I did not photo shop the photo, other than to crop out the section of it that shows the object, and Zoom in like 1000&#37; so we could see the object that was like 20-30 miles away at that point.

Hau Tien
01-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Let's suppose that's so. Which direction do you choose, which star? They're so far away that you can't exactly just blast off and expect that because it's in front of you, that you're going to get there. You have to actually know its position beforehand to get there (in your lifetime, or an alien's lifetime). A thousandth of an inch to the left or right, too high or too low, and you'll wind up on the other side of the galaxy. And as for getting energy for propulsion in outer space--well, wtf???? You'd have to drift most of the way (we're talking decades, centuries, millennia of travel, dude). Would an alien species really be that interested in such a trek? We're assuming:

1. They know what our gravity and environment is like (b/c they're flying around in our atmosphere).

2. They know how to get here (b/c they've done it a million times).

3. They don't have problems on their own planet (war spending/defense budgets keep us from granting unlimited resources to NASA).

We can get to the moon (maybe, although that flag waving in low gravity seems to help conspiracy theory that we never did--and the fact that we haven't again on successive efforts [ie, technology is supposed to get better, not worse--and a peice of foam kept us out of space a couple of months ago:D :D :D ]), and we're now talking Mars. But we have to plot space probe trajectories years/decades in advance in order to make sure they'll reach their destination. The cost for these operations is gigantic. How do aliens get their funding? For every successful enterprise, we have to assume that there are at least a hundred failures....do they really have that much funding? This presupposes that they are united in their effort to find extraterrestrial life. For what? If they found us, and wished to verify that discovery, they'd make contact. As I stated earlier, intergalactic/interstellar communication is a real beeyotch, to use NASA terminology. So they wouldn't just recon, because the recon would be wasted.

Man, intergalactic/interstellar travel is far more complicated than you guys think.

Funding? To any civilization that has created molecular manufacturing (something which humanity is poised to do in the next 50 or so years), "funding" is simply a matter of the actual input materials and has nothing to do with socio/political economics.

The trouble with saying "that can't be done" in this day and age is that things are changing far too rapidly. We're rapidly approaching a so-called "technological singularity" and after that it is really impossible to guess what will be possible (hence the use of the term "singularity").

Shaolin Wookie
01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Come on.......

How much does it cost to create a terrestrial fleet? So much that many nations don't have them.

How often do we launch rockets? Not as often as you think. They're expensive as hell.

How much does a space probe----note, not even a space fleet-----cost? Ahem....lots.

How much does it cost to keep the anal probe workers' union happy? There's a lot of starships out there, with a lot of disgruntled operators just itchin' to go probing. That means factories of probes.

In order to have such a successful starfleet, an alien civilization would have to have that goal as their primary governmental function---especially if we're talking repeat trips.

Surely you don't think the space program runs on nickels and dimes here on earth........

Why would it be different elsewhere.

Jeezus.....this whole conversation is ridiculous. I'll let you guys take the stand again. I've lost interest in this subject.

Skunk ape, anyone?

Hau Tien
01-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Come on.......

How much does it cost to create a terrestrial fleet? So much that many nations don't have them.

How often do we launch rockets? Not as often as you think. They're expensive as hell.

How much does a space probe----note, not even a space fleet-----cost? Ahem....lots.

How much does it cost to keep the anal probe workers' union happy? There's a lot of starships out there, with a lot of disgruntled operators just itchin' to go probing. That means factories of probes.

In order to have such a successful starfleet, an alien civilization would have to have that goal as their primary governmental function---especially if we're talking repeat trips.

Surely you don't think the space program runs on nickels and dimes here on earth........

Why would it be different elsewhere.

Jeezus.....this whole conversation is ridiculous. I'll let you guys take the stand again. I've lost interest in this subject.

Skunk ape, anyone?

You have to get out of the idea that it has to "cost" something to build a fleet. By the time a civilization is able to feasibly start visiting other planets, they would have already mastered something called molecular manufacturing. This involves building things from the "bottom up" (with atomic precision - using nanofactories) instead of from the "top down" (how we make most things now).

Now... don't get me wrong... I'm not arguing that there are aliens, etc. I have no idea if there is or not, nor do I even have a guess or opinion on that subject.

I'm just saying that emerging technology will render your ideas of "cost" a moot point. Once molecular manufacturing is mastered, the only cost to make something is the raw material you put into the "factory".

Once the idea of "cost" is no longer a driving factor (and products can be prototyped very rapidly), what then would hold back a civilization from branching out more effectively into space?

This, of course, is just one of the new technologies being worked on throughout various universities. The implications of such a thing are not limited to economic upheaval, but border on the cataclysmic in terms of self-replication or weapons development by the average person.

I recommend www.kurzweilai.net if you're interested in where technology is poised to take humanity :) There are some fantastic articles there on the so-called technological singularity.

Shaolinlueb
01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
when i was at practice one day i took a moment to lie down cause i didnt have to teach. i saw two silver discs in the sky one ontop of each other. i thought it was a helicopter at first but i heard no noise. then the discs got smaller and like went in on itself. then all of a sudden it lit up like a small star and then eventually got smaller until there was nothing. i still think its a ufo.

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I have seen other strange things, but I had a freind who was into astronomy who says it sounded like I was seeing a satalite. At least that time there was a plausible explanation...I have no idea what this was.

jon
01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I can think of a few ufo stories and encounters that cannot be contradicted by even the hardiest of th hardy skeptics.

Would you mind providing an example?
Im not trying to troll you, im just honestly curious.

Shaolin Wookie
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Once the idea of "cost" is no longer a driving factor (and products can be prototyped very rapidly), what then would hold back a civilization from branching out more effectively into space?

Okay...thanks for the link by the way. Interesting.

I respect your position. But do you really think that an alien civilization would find it "effective" to branch out into space?

Our space-race and its technological devotion (on part of gov. pushes) is the direct result of terrestrial politics. Needn't look any further than the first moon landing's race against the soviets.

Old Tiger
01-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Shaolin Wookie,

I won't argue if what I and other saw are alien based or not. However, you are preconceiving that alien life must conform to our human standards. That any alien intelligent life must only make up of hydrocarbons like us and think like us. That any alien societies must conform to our own civilization and that their politics must conform to our own politics. Should we be so arrogant to think that human is the smartest being in the entire universe and no life can exist outside of our 1 in how many billions or trillions of galaxies?

Hau Tien
01-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Okay...thanks for the link by the way. Interesting.

I respect your position. But do you really think that an alien civilization would find it "effective" to branch out into space?

Our space-race and its technological devotion (on part of gov. pushes) is the direct result of terrestrial politics. Needn't look any further than the first moon landing's race against the soviets.

No worries on the link! I read a TON on the latest tech stuff. The more you read, the scarier it becomes, really. Most people don't realize how close we are to a MASSIVE change in EVERYTHING.

As for branching out into space being effective? Absolutely. In fact, it really is the only way to ensure that your species is not wiped out of existance.

For instance, Professor Stephen Hawking has recently come forward with the idea that we NEED to colonize space. Not so we can "rule more of the universe", but so that we can protect the human race from an "extinction level event" (like an asteroid hitting the Earth, biological weapon kills everything on the planet, etc).

I tend to agree with the idea that a "backup" for humanity would be a nice thing to have, but I am skeptical as to how soon you're going to see a viable colony on the moon or Mars, etc. The human body as it is now is not capable of surviving long spaceflight due to radiation (gamma radiation especially). We'll need to either replace the human body with something a little sturdier (or make it more able to heal itself through nanomachines) or discover a way to provide radiation shielding that isn't so bloody heavy to our spacecraft.

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
UPDATE:

Looks like MUFON wants to reopen my case. Apparently others have been seeing this particular type of UFO around here this past year.
I am supposed to be reinterviewed by one of thier guys in the next few weeks.

Lucas
12-06-2007, 11:23 AM
UPDATE:

Looks like MUFON wants to reopen my case. Apparently others have been seeing this particular type of UFO around here this past year.
I am supposed to be reinterviewed by one of thier guys in the next few weeks.

I dare you to wear a Tin-Foil hat to the interview.

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
LOL!!! I am thinking about it!!! HA Haaa That just made my day!! :D

Lucas
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
LOL!!! I am thinking about it!!! HA Haaa That just made my day!! :D

lol, dude it would be sooo funny

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Bump.......

diego
01-15-2008, 07:15 PM
saw a ufo special about everyone saw something in this town and it happenned to really be meteors breaking up outside our orbit...interesting

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
One of the people from the UFO special I was on turned out to be seeing the planet Venus.

they still can't tell me what it was I saw though. It's still unidentified a year later.

diego
01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
One of the people from the UFO special I was on turned out to be seeing the planet Venus.

they still can't tell me what it was I saw though. It's still unidentified a year later.

cool......

Drake
01-16-2008, 01:03 AM
If they are out there, I do hope they're friendly.

Statistically speaking, it's more impopssible that there ISN'T intelligent life out there. Question is, are they around or below our level of technology, or are they more advanced?

Imagine if we started around the time of the dinosaurs, and we didn't have so many collapses in civilization. Someone like that might be out there.

diego
01-16-2008, 01:57 AM
If they are out there, I do hope they're friendly.

Statistically speaking, it's more impopssible that there ISN'T intelligent life out there. Question is, are they around or below our level of technology, or are they more advanced?

Imagine if we started around the time of the dinosaurs, and we didn't have so many collapses in civilization. Someone like that might be out there.

imagine a race of et vegans looking at our slaughterhouses...humans are scarier than dinosaurs...we go all psycho dino's got big teeth uno you should run...humans plot:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I think the aliens are here for filming Fetish Porn. :eek: :D

Mas Judt
01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
HEY! No stealing my lines.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm the one that inspired your line!! :D

In other news, the UFO research people have offered to bring me on thier next big investigation as a back up photographer!!!

Shaolin Wookie
01-16-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm the one that inspired your line!! :D

In other news, the UFO research people have offered to bring me on thier next big investigation as a back up photographer!!!

Let me guess. They told you they'd take "tasteful" pictures? Yeah, there's this Nigerian scam where these guys find a UFO-believer, and then say they're going to involve him in a shoot. They re-enact the scene, and before you know it, you're telling them "It looked like a building flipped over on its side, coming from behind me." And before you know it, there's this building-like thing that ain't a building coming at you from behind.

Be careful RD. You're getting in deep.

Oh, by the way. You didn't see a UFO.

Shaolin Wookie
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
imagine a race of et vegans looking at our slaughterhouses...humans are scarier than dinosaurs...we go all psycho dino's got big teeth uno you should run...humans plot:)

Yeah, but what if they're like these sentient pieces of chocolate cake? I'd eat the suckers, if I was hungry. I'd even drink the blood of their children to wash it down (if it was milk, that is). What if eating them cured cancer? Id' slaughter the *******s for the good of the human race and sell the recipe to Milky Way.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh, by the way. You didn't see a UFO

Reply]
Umm well, the object I saw is STILL unidentified...it WAS flying, and it IS an object...I didn't see a UFO, How?

Can YOU tell me what this thing is?

Black Jack II
01-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Royal,

How was it moving in the sky? How far did you watch it? How did it leave the area?

B-Rad
01-16-2008, 08:13 PM

They paying you?

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:18 PM
It was a 3 dimensional rectangle that circled over and area to the South east of me as I traveled east on I-88. Then it traveled ins a straight line at a speed that was considerably faster than the local air traffic, but not faster than a fighter jet going full out(maybe halfway between the speeds).

It reached an area directly North of me and started circling again. By this time though it was many miles behind the buildings in the picture. It circled for another 3-5 minutes or so and then traveled directly north at it's fast speed till it disappeared into the distance.

You know that big glass building that looks like it has a satalite dish as part of it's front face? The picture was taken about a 1/4-1/2 mile west of it on I-88

Here is the link to the MUFON report I originally filed.

http://www.mufon.com/mufonreports.htm

Search for the report for incident date 1-8-07 in Illinois

Shaolin Wookie
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh, by the way. You didn't see a UFO

Reply]
Umm well, the object I saw is STILL unidentified...it WAS flying, and it IS an object...I didn't see a UFO, How?

Can YOU tell me what this thing is?

Again, I submit:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3724&d=1168782323

Quod Erat Demonstratum.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
They paying you?

Reply]
No, but the entertainment aspect should be payment enough.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Again, I submit:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3724&d=1168782323

Quod Erat Demonstratum.

Reply]
Sorry, other than Zooming in 800%, the picture is original. Look at the other pics I left on the MUFON site. There is one or two that are un zoomed. Download it, and zoom it and find it yourself.

Shaolin Wookie
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
It was a 3 dimensional rectangle that circled over and area to the South east of me as I traveled east on I-88. Then it traveled ins a straight line at a speed that was considerably faster than the local air traffic, but not faster than a fighter jet going full out(maybe halfway between the speeds).

It reached an area directly North of me and started circling again. By this time though it was many miles behind the buildings in the picture. It circled for another 3-5 minutes or so and then traveled directly north at it's fast speed till it disappeared into the distance.

You know that big glass building that looks like it has a satalite dish as part of it's front face? The picture was taken about a 1/4-1/2 mile west of it on I-88

Here is the link to the MUFON report I originally filed.

http://www.mufon.com/mufonreports.htm

Search for the report for incident date 1-8-07 in Illinois

If they're aliens, they aren't very inventive. I mean, if you're going to make an impression on the planety you're visiting, you'd fly the lamborghini, right? You wouldn't take the rectangular, blotted, grainy, blurry Yugo, would you?

Besides....it's just bad manners. They had to be in violation of air traffic control regulations. Did the airport report anything unusual on their radars?

No?

Then let's assume it didn't have any corporeal substance and was just a figment of your camera's imagination.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I agree. These guys are flying a craft in Flat Black primer for God's sake!! It reminds me of cruising Harlem Ave in a primered 1970 Beater Chevelle, or Old Primered Pickup back when I was a Kid.

It's really sad. They must be the poor White Trash of the Alien universe.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
They had to be in violation of air traffic control regulations. Did the airport report anything unusual on their radars?

Reply]
Now that MUFON has reopened the case, they are going to be looking into that.

Black Jack II
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
It's really sad. They must be the poor White Trash of the Alien universe.

Or a optical illusion.

Or a top secret black ops military program.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Or a optical illusion.

Or a top secret black ops military program.

Reply]
My thought is that it is a Military craft....not very top secret if they flew it over a crowded expressway at 2:20 in the after noon in broad daylite though.

The UFO people don't seem to want to acknowledge my experimental Military craft theory though. They seem to *Want* it to be of Alien origin. Makes me wonder if they can't identify it because they are not looking at normal Earthly possibilities.

Black Jack II
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
My thought is that it is a Military craft....not very top secret if they flew it over a crowded expressway at 2:20 in the after noon in broad daylite though.

Unless, whatever stealth technology it was testing was on the fritz during that time and place.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe.

I am most curious as to what kept it in the air, considering it has the aerodynamics of a brick and no visible means of propulsion.

katintokyo
01-16-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah. like, yeah.

I love wookie arguments... Aren't wookies aliens?

katintokyo
01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
I find it immensely entertaining that a wookie is posting here trying to persuade us all that there is no life "out there"...

Since Star Wars was "a LONG time AGO in a Galaxy FAR, FAR away"... I find everything the wookie has said completely scrapped. Obviously alien species have found ways to co-exist (or take over if that is what you like) and survive for "a long time" to get here and post on the internet.

'nuff said.

Drake
01-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Mexicans .

diego
01-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Mexicans .

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hQnjURRpbJU

Shaolin Wookie
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Maybe.

I am most curious as to what kept it in the air, considering it has the aerodynamics of a brick and no visible means of propulsion.

Cosmic Viagra and cheap Mexican food?

Well, if it's a brick house, I'm sure it has to be mighty mighty....I wouldn't consider levitation beyond its powers.