PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Femmes

tonylaudati
07-22-2005, 08:49 AM
KUNG FU FEMMES (aka Chicks with Sticks) will be performing at Black Belt Magazine's 1st Annual FESTIVAL OF MARTIAL ARTS taking place at Universal Studios, July 29-31, 2005.

PERFORMANCE DATES & TIMES:

Friday, July 29, 2005
1:00 p.m. - Free
Film Festival - Universal City Walk

Friday, July 29, 2005
7:30 p.m. - SOLD OUT!
Hall of Fame Dinner - Globe Theater

Saturday, July 30, 2005
1:00 p.m. - $15.00
Consumer & Tradeshow - Sheraton Hotel

KUNG FU FEMMES is an ensemble of sexy women martial artists, dancers and acrobats who perform at conventions, clubs and festivals.

Available for public and private events.

www.kungfufemmes.com

-N-
07-22-2005, 09:34 AM
:rolleyes:

tonylaudati
01-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Please view our recent KNBC-TV segment now on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI22xg1TFyY

Warm regards,

Tony Laudati
Producer
KUNG FU FEMMES
http://www.kungfufemmes.com

Li Kao
01-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Did you guys have a project called "Chicks With Sticks"? I think I met your troupe a few years ago at a Dragonfest convention in L.A. -- some of the girls looked familiar. If I'm right about this hunch -- good to see you are still all around -- the performance I saw was fantastic.

tonylaudati
01-04-2007, 02:12 AM
KUNG FU FEMMES is a Los Angeles-based performance troupe featuring gorgeous girls, dazzling costumes and amazing martial arts.

We are seeking sponsorship in the form of a dojo that will allow us to rehearse twice a week for free in return for promotion and advertising of services and/or products at our shows and website.

Please view our recent KNBC-TV segment now on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI22xg1TFyY

Warm regards,

Tony Laudati
Producer
KUNG FU FEMMES

lunghushan
01-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Boy, you're going to get a ton of responses to this one.

tonylaudati
01-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Yes, that was us. Thanks so much for the compliment!

Tony

The Willow Sword
01-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Oh Jesus, this has gotta be the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen.:rolleyes:
im sorry, i dont like it at all. checked out the website "Boys fight for honor, girls fight to Kill"? hahahaha:rolleyes:

TWS

Ray Pina
01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
I like that more than most of the kung fu I see.... it is what it is. It's obvious none of these women believe they're going to beat Chuck Lidell.... or would if they were only allowed to elbow him in the back of the head.

I'd go see them. And I'd want to party with them afterwards:)

Eddie
01-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Does it have to be in Los Angeles? Is Johannesburg too far? :rolleyes: ;)

Fuzzly
01-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I'll givem' props for doing this. Interesting idea.

TenTigers
01-04-2007, 08:57 AM
lose the two ugly chix, and they can move into my place

jigahus
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
LOL Good stuff!

Yao Sing
01-04-2007, 11:28 AM
A friend of mine, Loren Kinsella (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1287663/), used to do the Chicks With Sticks show in Las Vegas. She was the Red Warrior.

Is this the same group?

TenTigers
01-04-2007, 02:55 PM
um, did u say, "chix with dix?"

golden arhat
01-04-2007, 03:37 PM
that is exactly what i thought he said lol

try that on google images and see what u get
hahahahahahahahaha

MonkeyKingUSA
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Tony,
Sorry, but looked lame to me.
Richard

GeneChing
01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
...once you get past the teen girl band, it'll get serious NSFW quick. Ahh, the sweet legacy of kung fu girls and kung fu femmes....;)

tonylaudati
01-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Please check out this compilation of our shows from the past two years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4W10TiEtMQ

Warm regards,

Tony Laudati
Producer
KUNG FU FEMMES

Ronin maximus
01-09-2007, 05:27 PM
If you've got nothing good to say don't say anything:cool:

Ya know what?
I want my minute and seven seconds back.

tonylaudati
01-09-2007, 11:59 PM
... it doesn't sound like you use your time productively anyway.

firepalm
01-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Yawn, god more moderately attractive skantily clad women doing bad martial arts.....

Samurai Jack
01-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Was that kungfu? What style? And what's with the dancing?

Li Kao
01-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Man, talk about a tough crowd! Am I the only one here who digs these girls?

I got to see them perform a few years ago in L.A. and chatted with them afterwards -- very enthusiastic, friendly, and love what they are doing. You have to realize that is a performance art mainly, just with a martial arts theme. It's not like they are out there giving seminars or teaching classes ... actually, though, I don't know the credentials of all the girls, but they are definitely athletic, fit, and talented and Tony does some neat choreagraphy if you ask me.

Granted, if it's not your cup of tea, so be it ... it just surprises me that no one has anything good to say.

Shaolinlueb
01-10-2007, 03:31 AM
I got to see them perform a few years ago in L.A. and chatted with them afterwards -- very enthusiastic, friendly, and love what they are doing. You have to realize that is a performance art mainly, just with a martial arts theme.

yes they are, cause everyone on here seems to be a master these days. :rolleyes: its fun that show, thats about it. it was neato seeing the women do it ;)

Su Lin
01-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Yawn, god more moderately attractive skantily clad women doing bad martial arts.....

Yep,gets quite tiresome.Escpecially if you are a women doing kung fu too.:p

Samurai Jack
01-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Everyone *knows* that women prefer to do a pseudo strip-tease on a stage to practicing a real martial art.

GeneChing
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
At this moment, you're six posts into membership here. Four are promotional and two are reactions to comments made about being promotional. Given what you're promoting, I'm a bit disappointed with your contributions to this forum so far.

If you want to promote Kung Fu Femmes on this forum, this is the main method to do so (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/about/advertise.php). If you cannot promote professionally and are just seeking free promos here on the forum, I'm going to toss you a bone. It's a a real no-brainer and I'm surprised you didn't think of it in your KungFuMagazine.com marketing plan. Just get one of your femmes to start posting here. Better yet, get a few of them to log on. I'm sure our members would delight in chatting up a real live kung fu femme. That's going to sell your act more here far more than dozens of youtube posts.

Ronin maximus
01-10-2007, 06:28 PM
... it doesn't sound like you use your time productively anyway.

You're right, and the next time I get the urge to watch one of you're exploitation
flicks ( not exploiting women, but lonely MA'ists looking for women w/good moves)
I'll go and practice instead.

Thanks for the wake up call.:rolleyes:

Flame on:D

tonylaudati
01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Gene, thank you so much. I'll run it by the girls and see what they decide. Most of them have boyfriends, though. I hope your members aren't too disappointed.

I want to stress that KUNG FU FEMMES is purely a performance troupe seeking to provide unique and dynamic entertainment for the general populace. We are not looking to win competitions or awards at tournaments.

Someone at another forum (Budoseek.net) reacted to KUNG FU FEMMES by saying entertainment has no place in martial arts. I responded by saying that Jackie Chan, Jet Li and if he were alive, Bruce Lee, would probably disagree with him.

One thing I do know is that lots of young men have enrolled in dojos not because they went to a martial arts tournament, but because they watched Bruce Lee in action in one of his films.

I am hoping that KUNG FU FEMMES will have the same effect on young women, and inspire them to check out their local dojo.

Let's face it -- ethics aside, martial arts schools and dojos live or die based on their enrollment.

Obviously, everyone has an opinion. There are some that feel it's a crime to accept money at all for teaching martial arts. Others feel Asian-based systems should only be taught by Asians and not white Anglo-Saxon senseis and sifus.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and I'd love to read what your members think.

Thank you so much for allowing me to express my views in this respectable forum.

Tony Laudati
Producer
KUNG FU FEMMES

us0kch
01-10-2007, 09:07 PM
It wasn't a bad show at all; I was pretty aroused watching that......and this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnNZX5BdQzw&NR :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
overall i think the idea is fine and the girls are fine .... however i really think you might up the performance a notch by sacraficing some of the flash for more crisp and percise simplicity. im sure that live performance doesnt always cary over perfectly to the camera, but at the same time a 2 min clip should be composed of the best highlights, and this is what im getting from those highlights. of course you can tell me to stick it up my ass.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
oh and gene is right.

if you had one, or even better yet 2 of the girls, post a thread on here titled meet the kung fu femmes girls i guarantee you it would have over 10 thousand posts given time. this is not an exaggeration and it doesnt matter if they clearly state they have boyfriends over and over again.

Samurai Jack
01-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Well the fact that you have to mention that "they have boyfriends" pretty much clarifies what the purpose of the "entertainment" is all about.

chinadoll
01-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey peeps!

I'm a Kung Fu Femme, and I LOVE it! It's one of the coolest things I get to do. Train in martial arts, dance, and gymnastics. Thanks to those that showed some love. If we're not your type of entertainment, then that's too bad. But no hard feelings here. We have a lot of fun with what we're doing. I'm a die hard martial artist and I think it's fabulous that there is someone like Tony that put together a troupe that celebrates women, martial arts, dance, drama, comedy, and all other elements that make up our show. I've always admired martial artists like Bruce Lee, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh that incorporate martial arts into entertainment and help spread wisdom across the world. It doesn't always have to be about defending and fighting.

TenTigers
01-12-2007, 06:32 PM
keep up the good work. If you don't mind a little critique,
1-don't look at the floor, when doing form or weapons-it lacks confidence.
2-finish a move,nail your pose, and STOP. Too often, the performer went right into the next move-without completing the previous one-not to be confused with flow. It means that you were not focused-not "in the moment", but thinking too much about the next move.
3-work your basics more. stances,kicks and strikes. Get a good spinning back hook kick down, which looks much more dynamic than a spinning back crescent kick-however, a jumping spinning crescent always is a crowd pleaser.
4-how you combine a move will increase it's appearance and drama.
example, before doing a fast move, do a slow movement-the fast one will look twice as fast.
Before doing a jump technique, get in a lower stance-the kick looks higher in comparisson. etc
Check out West Coast Demo Team, by Ernie Reyes for ideas

Flying-Monkey
01-12-2007, 07:23 PM
:D With all of that high kicking from those girls, it most smell like a fish market in that place.

chinadoll
01-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Those were some great suggestions. I will take all those into consideration. Not all the girls have strong martial art back ground. Many come from strong dance and gymnastics back grounds. Therefore some of the martial arts "technique" becomes molded into something else. We are harped on about martial arts technique, but we are also encouraged to showcase our strong suits. Therefore, if a Femme comes from a strong gymnastics back ground, we do not have her abandon her gymnastics and/or dance technique. We simply add the martial arts element to whatever art they have been practicing. We are not out to win medals for forms or technique. But we are always working on making our show the best it can be. So I thank you for your suggestions and input.

And to the jerk off that thinks he's funny with the fish comment. Ummm... I really have nothing to say to that except, did your mommy forget to teach you manners?

syn
01-12-2007, 10:56 PM
What's your martial arts background?

chinadoll
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
My dad used to be a professional boxer, so I started off with boxing. He never let me get serious about it though because he attributes much of his memory loss to his boxing career. But after I moved out I took up Shaolin Kung Fu. However I felt it necessary to explore as many Martial arts as I could. So while I was training in Shaolin, I was also taking Tae Kwon Do. I competed in Full Contact Sparring for two years. Then after my Tae Kwon Do stint, I learned Uechi Ryu Karate, Judo, Karate, Ba Gua, Tai Chi, Ninjitsu, and Wushu. I'm definitely a Shaolin girl. I love the animal forms. That art is in my veins. But learning many of the other arts really helped my fighting technique. I did not master all those arts by any means, but I did study them to the degree where I could take practical things here and there and incorporate it in my practices. I'm forever a learning student.

syn
01-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Next time I'm up in Las Vegas if y'all are doing a show I'll see if I can make it. I watched some of the fights one youtube (the one between the two girls with the staffs), they aren't too bad.

chinadoll
01-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Cool! Be sure and come up and introduce yourself!

laugarkuen
01-13-2007, 05:02 AM
and that was a great and deserved put-down Chinadoll.

I think it a great shame when idiots have a go at people who train hard and put on a good show doing things they probably can't do themselves. It may be a different matter if you were pretending to be something you are not but you have not made that claim about the troup.

You probably train harder than most (not all) people on this forum, certainly harder than me. Maybe you could put up some clips of the training you do or just give us a brief outline?

Thanks,

Michael

Su Lin
01-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Have you all trained in kung fu ( I know you have China Doll) and how long for?

It's impressive in terms of choreography and you all look like you work and train extremely hard,but why do call yourselves "Kung Fu " femmes?

Shaolin is pretty cool, I do it too (along with Lau Gar) it's pretty consuming really.:)

chinadoll
01-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks Michael,

I appreciate your positive thoughts. At some point, we would like to put up more clips of the Kung Fu Femmes behind the scenes. Like what we do at our rehearsals. For the most part our rehearsals go like this:

15 min. stretch and warm-up
1 hour martial arts drills and training (kicks, punches, combinations, speed conversion drills, gymnastics, stage combat training)
30 min. work on old routines
30 min. work on new routines
15 min. cool down, stretch

We do this twice a week.

For my own training, I try to do some regular cardio exercise at least once a week. Sometimes I just go to the gym for that and I do tread, weights, or take a cardio kickboxing class. Sometimes I hit the track. Pretty much I try to take one day a week and focus on cardio/endurance. I have a wave master and a speed bag in my garage, so I do that also as my cardio endurance exercise. Lots of kicking and punching, speed and agility type exercise. On occasion I can get a sparring match with my husband. As funny as that seems. No, we don't spar when we're mad at each other. LOL!

As far as how long I've been training, not very long at all. Only 6 years. I took almost a year off because I had a baby. I didn't really stop, but my exercise routines were very mild after 6 months. And of course I didn't spar the entire time I was pregnant. Then it took about 4 months after the baby that I really felt ready to train hard. I had been doing mild training about 1 month after the baby, but like I said, very mild exercise. I had to give my body a chance to build up to the type of training I had been doing before. The body is amazing though. It heals so quickly when taken care of.

And how about all of you? What style(s)? For how long?

Su Lin
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Having a partner that trains too can be fun- I spent last valentines day sparring with my boyfriend.:)

Do the other women have any ma training?

chinadoll
01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
What's your favorite animal style in Lau Gar?

We're called Kung Fu Femmes because our shows always have the martial art theme. It is a central focal point in our shows. Kung Fu is also a well known term that the general populace can identify with. Its original meaning is somewhat different than what most people consider it these days however. It originally referred to one's expertise in any skill, not necessarily martial.

But in the martial arts world, people generally associate Kung Fu with strictly Chinese martial arts. Arguably we do mostly Chinese Martial Arts because we train mostly in Wushu. The flashy stuff.

chinadoll
01-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes, many of the girls have a lot of martial arts training. One woman actually has just started learning the flashy stuff. She is straight up fighter. She used to train with the Navy Seals as well. (She knows people). Another has been in Tae Kwon Do since she was a little girl. She's got kicks. Other girls start out with no training. These are usually the tumblers, gymnasts, and professional dancers in our show. They pick up quickly however, because they are so naturally athletic and have lots of experience in picking up choreography.

Su Lin
01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmm I like the more graceful forms we do ,one of which is similar to the first wing chun form ,and has elements of crane in. We also do some Shaolin forms including a Longfist form which I really enjoy doing .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObiygVWC-1Y&mode=related&search=

We do it a bit differently ,as we dont do Wushu as such

Not done any weapons yet,but hopefully doing some staff work soon ,and holding out for a broad sword for my Birthday.:)

chinadoll
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I would LOVE to learn some more wing chun. I've only brushed the surface of it. Someday I would love to get more into it. The whole history behind it is so amazing and wonderful. Well I guess us girls would like it:)

Shaolinlueb
01-13-2007, 05:47 PM
well hello.

i am glad you girls all love it and take it serious. listen to some of ten tigers comments, he knows what he is talking about. ;)

keep up the work. maybe i should give it a 2nd chance.

-one and only lueb

laugarkuen
01-14-2007, 03:19 AM
What's your favorite animal style in Lau Gar?

We have five animals in Lau Gar; Dragon, Tiger, Leopard, Snake and Crane. I really like the Tiger stuff and it seems to suit my body type.

Su Lin, do you mean Jorn Sau. Do you feel that it should be later on in the syllabus?

To me it has always seemed harder than Charp Choi.

And how about all of you? What style(s)? For how long?

12 years Lau Gar, 5 years tai chi (sunstyle then chen style), 3 years (I think) Torite Jutsu and about 6 years kickboxing, though I'm not as keen on it.

Michael

Su Lin
01-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Hi Michael

Yes I do mean Jorn Sau, it' s a pretty tricky one, I think the dynamic tension and grasping that certainly takes some time and getting to know the form seemed to take ages.

Perhaps it should be later on.Our teacher introduces elements of it and breaks it down for students relatively early on,which gets you used to it a bit more. I think it's a really important form to do very regularly and not let slip either.

Chinadoll - I know what you mean about Wing Chun,I find it really interesting too.We do some drills in class with close quarter wing chun techniques which I find really useful. Of course if it was true and it was developed by a woman it would be a very effective style.;)

GeneChing
01-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm definitely a Shaolin girl. That's what we (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6) like to hear! ;)

Glad you took my advice Tony, I think it'll be much more successful for you. As for the KF Femmes already having b/f's and sig0's, no worries. Many of our boys here seldom seem to talk to real live girls, attached or unattached - case & point here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=731419&postcount=19). :rolleyes:

Anyway, there are still a few gentlemen here, few and far in between, but we try, so welcome again, chinadoll. I'm happy to see you turn this thread into a real discussion. I hope you encourage some more of the KF Femmes to join in.

chinadoll
01-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks Gene. I appreciate all your input, and your idea of getting Femmes on the forum is a great idea. We want to hear peoples ideas to help make our show better. And also, it is most important that we hear voices from the martial arts community.

Shaolinlueb
01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks Gene. I appreciate all your input, and your idea of getting Femmes on the forum is a great idea. We want to hear peoples ideas to help make our show better. And also, it is most important that we hear voices from the martial arts community.

keep training, basics, combine basics. ;) keep up the good work. oh and wear less clothes. ;P hahahah i couldnt resist that last one, someone had to say it. might as well be me joking. :)

tonylaudati
01-16-2007, 12:19 AM
We deeply appreciate your advice and consideration.

Chinadoll, keep up the good work!

Tony

firepalm
01-18-2007, 02:37 AM
It's still really bad martial arts, done by scantily clad, moderately attractive women. They say hello and half of you bend over backwards....

A duck is still a duck! :eek:

chinadoll
01-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay stop your whining firepalm. I thought we already discussed and clarified the martial arts portion of the show. Once again, not ALL the girls have nor claim to be martial arts experts. Gymnasts, Dancers, etc. are included in the shows.

Scantily clad...interesting way of putting it. It's no doubt that our costumes are sexy. But honestly, how ridiculously boring and un-ordinary would it be to have us dress up in traditional uniforms. You might as well visit your local dojo to see that. That would also send the message that we think we're a bunch of martial arts masters. Um... no, that's not what we want to tell our audience. We are PERFORMERS. Which means dynamic costumes that help tell a story. And we have many many many different costumes. Some of which are traditional Chinese dresses, others have been Japanese influenced attire (like kimono robes), Vietnamese dresses, etc. etc. We want our costumes to be Number 1, beautiful and dynamic. Number 2, something we can move in. Number 3, help tell the story. But I guess if you're an expert on costume and wardrobe design, perhaps you could make some helpful suggestions?

Moderately attractive women. Hmm... that's not nice. Judging from your ill manners you're either A: extremely good looking and talented yourself but really rude and conceited as well, making you one of those "pretty on the outside but really ugly on the inside types, " OR you are extremely unfortunate looking and have no talent so you say those things because you have really low self esteem and you have to try to bring others down to make yourself feel better. Either way, it's not a nice thing to say and it most of all does not make YOU look good.

Shaolinlueb
01-19-2007, 08:17 PM
hey

firepalm leave these girls alone man, they are performers. leave em alone.

china doll, you keep up the good work you and your crew. forget the critics here on the forum, bunch of unappreciative trolls who all they do is critique.

shaolinlueb

chinadoll
01-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks Shaolinlueb. You rock dude. Although I feel like I can most definitely take care of myself, it is nice to have a gentleman defend us ladies. ;) Ha Ha Ha. BTW, everyone I just finished watching Jet Li's Fearless AGAIN! I fricken' love that movie, it makes me weep every time AND gets me pumped about practicing. What about all of you?

firepalm
01-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Chinadoll,
Not whining merely stating my opinion, you know if you put something out there for public display then don't be surprised if you get some criitiques. If you label it Kung Fu Femmes, doing what you do and then put it up on a board such as this expect that your critics might be even more harsh.

Not trying to get in a ****ing contest with you Chinadoll but I am just calling a spade a spade. I've done CMA for the better part of my life here in Canada and Asia, I know the difference between skill & bad martial arts. Scantily clad was not meant as a criticism merely a statement, whatever you wish to wear in your performance is between your producers & the talent, for me it was merely a discription (neither intended negatively & positive). I will however apologize for being offensive with my remarks about moderately attractive, it was off the cuff and shouldn't have been made. But hey with your very astitute personality profiling of myself if the show doesn't work out you might have a career opportunity as a CSI.

You're right, Shaolin Lueb they're performers & poor ones at that. Sorry if I am not all PC enough for you. :eek: I just hate seeing bad martial arts passed off as Kung Fu. I've said my piece thank you.

tonylaudati
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
For all I know, you may be an exceptional martial artist.

But one thing is certain, you are no gentleman. You are a rude, ignorant S.O.B.

It's a shame that none of other the virtues of martial arts - respect, courtesy, civility - have rubbed off on you.

All you know how to do is break bones.

firepalm
01-20-2007, 09:52 PM
No gentleman, well maybe, but at least not a p i m p! :eek: (you know if you kept my mom out of this I might not have said that)....

Only break bones? Oh contraire! I am actually quite the lover of the performance versions of Kung Fu / Wushu among many other things. What did Shaolinlueb say you guys are performers. Well here are some good examples of fine performance Chinese Martial Arts;
http://www.terracottawarriors.org/
http://www.chunyi-kungfu.com/
http://tow.smugmug.com/gallery/1083558
http://www.wheeloflife.co.uk/

As well here's a young girl (10 @ the time http://www.wccma.com/kathytrinhwmv.htm ) from up here in Vancouver, purely a Wushu performer but at least displays versatility, range of skill & genuine skill. Those unispired poorly choreographed performances, by your Kung Fu Femmes performers couldn't begin to hold a candle to even this little girl.

Personally if you didn't call it 'Kung Fu' Femmes, I wouldn't give a toss. Call it Karate femmes and I wouldn't bat an eyelash, but you opened the door when you put a bunch '***** Cat Doll' Wannabes pretending to Kung Fu, especially by posting on a Kung Fu message board.

You know for a person in showbiz, you really develop a little thicker skin. Now for the record I did apologize for one comment to Chinadoll (the attractiveness of the performers) as it was understandibly out of line. I also clarified on a comment regarding their clothing, which was not an insult. However as to my comment on bad martial arts, I standby that and once again you opened the door by putting the stuff up on a Kung Fu Message board. You don't like the critiques or commentaries then wise up and think before you put that some place where actual Kung Fu persons are going to look at it. :eek:

GeneChing
01-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Didn't know you had it in ya, Shaolinlueb, but I'm sure you identify with being scantily clad and moderately attractive. :p

tonylaudati, chinadoll: firepalm is right about one thing - you do need to have a thick skin to be on a martial forum. Gentlemanly behavior got choked out by Royce here years ago. :rolleyes:

Golden Arms
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree with Firepalm, the perfomance itself is not that good. But what did you expect, I dont think you would get much praise for posting a Ford to a Ferrarri forum either for the most part, but that doesnt mean the ford isnt good for what its going to be doing. It just means that your target audience and the forum were not the same groups. To most people that practice martial arts, and especially the ones that fight or pressure test them, even the best hollywood can offer in movies as far as martial arts tend to suck. So dont take it too hard, just keep at it, there will always be a market for pretty much everything out there.

chinadoll
01-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Firepalm, I hope your studies in CMA continue and do well for you. If you have a good teacher, and I’m sure you do, I also hope you will learn more about how to express yourself and communicate your inner feelings in ways other than in negativity. I know you do not see your comments as being negative, however, sarcasm and low blows are indeed, negative. Although you did apologize for one low blow, you quickly negated any and all apologies, with additional insults and low blows. But I will not take offense, so no need for any more apologies.

Being in showbiz, we are actually quite used to harsh critiques from all over the spectrum in Vegas, Hollywood and various Clubs and TV stations in Los Angeles. Be that as it is, we do get good information and helpful suggestions as well.

For all of you true martial artists, thank you for your real critiques and suggestions. I have actually copied and pasted many of your critiques on this very forum in emails to the rest of the troupe members :). We continue to welcome any and all critiques and suggestions from you harsh or not, that’s why we’re on here. But I do ask, that we be polite. I know there are people on here that don’t know the meaning of the word polite. But for a martial arts forum, there should be a sense of martial spirit. Warriors on one hand, but equally, philosophers. I hope most, if not all of you agree with that motto.

Golden Arm – you’re right about most of the people on this forum most likely being the type to bash Hollywood martial arts films. In all honesty, I wholeheartedly agree with them. A lot of the stuff they show is hard to watch if you are an “application” type martial artist. However, it’s arguable that if you put these “application” type martial artists up on the silver screen or on the stage, what you would see would be completely boring. That is unless your name is Bruce Lee, or you’re watching UFC. Ha Ha.

Golden Arms
01-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Agreed..that is why they dont put real stuff up there, its boring, or doesnt look like much on film...fighting is either ugly, or too small to see whats going on half the time. My point was more just dont worry too much about what these kinds of people think of your product, since they are not really the target audience. I am sure the average person probably enjoys your shows quite a bit.

firepalm
01-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Chinadoll said

But I will not take offense, so no need for any more apologies.

Good thing cause I wouldn't want you to hold your breath cause I got no other apologies coming cause there's nothing else I need to apologize for. Quite frankly the other two original comments were both accurate and on the mark, in spite of what your producer said on another thread the martial arts of Kung Fu Femmes is really not 'Amazing'! As to my sarcasm, when someone calls me an SOB (again I take that as insult my mom as well) or does a unfavorable profile on me with no more knowledge of me then two posts on a forum well.... all I can say is whatever!

Chinadoll said

But for a martial arts forum, there should be a sense of martial spirit. Warriors on one hand, but equally, philosophers. I hope most, if not all of you agree with that motto.

Oh dear god what is with the 'Master Po' stuff? I guess you probably don't get out with many old school Cantonese Kung Fu Sifu, the ones I know wouldn't be nearly as polite as me. Comments like, 'Yauh Mou Gau Cho Ah?' & 'Wah, Ma Lunh Yeh!' immediately come to mind (ask a Chinese speaking person the meanings if you like). My guess is that some on this forum would back me on that point, probably even Gene Ching, but he might be too polite to do so. Tell you what if you ever get up Vancouver way to do a show, I'll bring a bunch of old school Sifu, and you can canvass their comments afterwards!

I have over thirty years in CMA, in Hong Kong, China & Canada, over a dozen different instructors. I have travelled extensively throughout China and keep myself open to all aspects of the CMA. I am also a great lover of Chinese Acrobatics & Beijing Opera, and have attended literally hundreds of shows in my life time. So with all of that being said I think I qualify to offer you some comments;

1) Get Out & See More - If you're going to call it 'Kung Fu' Femmes get out & see more of what you advertise yourselves as doing. It is clearly evident in your choreography that your group isn't drawing from much, as in extremely limited knowledge. I also had a look at a few of the other youtube videos it is clear that no one really has much if any real experience in CMA. Yet you call it 'Kung Fu'! It seriously amazes me how many westerners learn a little CMA and think they really have a handle on the whole of it.

2) Choreography - Double Sticks & Staff, sorry but it is bad & uninspired. Your girls do pretty much what every person with absolutely no training does; a bunch bad figure eights. Here are some examples of what staff work should look like (I love the internet so much resources :D )
Traditional Kung Fu flavor;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVWtUCOWVZI
Modern Wushu flavor;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3W_7ri4T1Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81xtuldUzcw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDG033L8E5o
Shaolin flavor;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfd3fPF6e8
A little Weapon Choreography from Beijing Opera
(note go about half way into the clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpcypJ4JNI4

3) Fight Choreography - I realize that what you are doing is staged and not the same as film but honestly your fight choreography is pretty poor.
More youtube stuff (yes film but at least the choreography is fresh & ya'll really should see more);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMr9FkjLrxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtpmFzUzp4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYP2vwcK6h0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLgOchuQwZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud53wEYts7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxvj-mW5HE

4) Dance element - nothing wrong with dance and martial arts in the same show. While I don't profess to be an expert I regularly attend a yearly Chinese dance & Ballet show that a friends children are in. Some of these shows have incorporated CMA but it blended. What your choreographer does by virtue of the videos I have seen just looks like the occasional giration while holding a pair of sticks. There is no cohesion!

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to FIRE your choreographer, that and your girls should get some proper training for a few years cause they ain't all that.

Don't like what I have had to say, have a look at what the Wushu kids are saying over on Jiayo.com
http://www.jiayo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4297
Just in case you don't have the time to get over here's some quotes from Jiayo.com
1 'That's hilarious. Wait, was it supposed to be funny?'
2 'Jesus Christ, my eyes.'
3 'Personally, I think they need a LOT more training! Sure, they are pretty women, but their Kung Fu SUCKS!!!!!!! '
4 Kung Fu Femmes - "Scantily clothed, scantily portraying martial arts."
5 'The fact that they actualy take themselves seriously makes the whole thing even funnier.'
6 'I saw one of their shows live at Dragonfest a couple years ago. What's even funnier, is that they have egos thinking they are all that!!!'
7 'bleh...i wasnt impressed at all.'
8 'Things that come up like this only dilute the waters even more. As it stands, the water is pretty dirty. Things like these Kung Fu Femmes don't help martial arts, IMO.'
9 'I mean the choreography is really bad and the whole thing is stale. To me its really is a show for people who really train in martial arts to get a great laugh. Its comical to me and absurd art at best.'
10 'They just havent realized how silly they look to the professional martial arts world.' (one of my personal favorites)
11 'They will only pick you if you look hot AND suck at martial arts! LOL!'
12 'They do Kung Foolish.'
13 Here's one from your friend Shaolin Lueb 'yeah their teacher might be mediocre at best, but thats the usa business system for ya.
i mean i love women, and i love women who do kung fu, but i couldnt get into kung fu femme's at all.'

What you do quite honestly strikes a nerve with me, I do Chinese Martial Arts and what you do by virtue of calling it 'Kung Fu' Femmes is a serious misrepresentation. The way I see it some middle America Joe will go to see one of your show and walk away saying something like, 'Yah so I saw a bunch of these women dressed up like the P u s s y Cat Dolls dancing around & twirling some sticks, think they said it was Kung Fu.' All your stuff really is just essentially playing to something of a fetish market; guys that like to watch chicks not wearing a whole lot doing the whole kick your ass thang! Sorry but I don't see any reason to throw praise on you for that!

So I have a simple point blank question for you which requires only a Yes or No answer, when you do live shows do you put a disclaimer like when you pointed out in this thread that it's a Kung Fu theme? My guess NO. So you know what after all I think owe me an apology! :mad:

GeneChing
01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I, for one, would love to see the *****cat Dolls (http://www.pcdmusic.com/) take up kung fu. If they ever did, I'd put them on the cover so fast, it'd make your head spin. :)

chinadoll
01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Ha Ha! I'm not much into burlesque, however the ***** cat dolls do sport some eye catching entertainment. My mother in law wouldn't agree though. The post above yours is way too long and not worth reading, most of all because it is full of contempt. Man, what are people so angry about these days? All I have to say is... nothing.

I enjoy my life and I enjoy doing martial arts. I enjoy learning as much as I can from the positive resources that are available to me. Would anyone like to discuss martial arts with me now?

How about this question: Is it better to learn many different martial arts? Or is it better to stick with one, until you've mastered it. What do you guys think?

Shaolinlueb
01-24-2007, 12:06 PM
You're right, Shaolin Lueb they're performers & poor ones at that. Sorry if I am not all PC enough for you. :eek: I just hate seeing bad martial arts passed off as Kung Fu. I've said my piece thank you.

hey so what if they are man, I have seen plenty of bad martial artists make a huge living in this industry. like guys put tapes in and let the kids follow it and they have huge schools. but it happens man. its the world. plus at least they like it, and are not in it just for the money. if they were in it just for the money, my attitude would be different about them.

Didn't know you had it in ya, Shaolinlueb, but I'm sure you identify with being scantily clad and moderately attractive. :p

tonylaudati, chinadoll: firepalm is right about one thing - you do need to have a thick skin to be on a martial forum. Gentlemanly behavior got choked out by Royce here years ago. :rolleyes:

do you want me to bust out the sports bra pic again to show how scantily clad i can be? ;)

I, for one, would love to see the *****cat Dolls (http://www.pcdmusic.com/) take up kung fu. If they ever did, I'd put them on the cover so fast, it'd make your head spin. :)

if they do, pelase let me fly out to San Fran so i can be the guy they beat up in the pictures :D

China doll

nice post you put together, lots of info. yes I did say that. but no where did i say you fing suck or its a bunch of trash. like some other people. ;) i couldnt get into it, but i gave you a 2nd chance.

GeneChing
01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm a great supporter of martial arts in live theater. I think that's one of our greatest frontiers. Does that mean every actor need be a master martial artist to be significant? Man, I just saw David Carridine doing a Yellow pages ad - 'nuff said. It's entertainment. I'm happy when top notch martial artists get into the spotlight. I'm also happy when martial arts gets showcased by non-martial artists like Matrix or Karate Kid. And I would be very entertained to see Shaolinlueb get his arse beaten down by the Kung Fu Femmes. He probably would too.

BTW, I just got this in my email - is an off-broadway NY play that has a lit of martial arts apparently that looks interesting. Check out Jaded Assassin (http://www.jadedassassin.com/)

chinadoll
01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info Gene! That show looks way cool! I must say, I might have to "borrow" some of the ideas. It was cool and funny! I'll be sure and forward the link to the other femmes.

firepalm
01-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Gene said

I, for one, would love to see the *****cat Dolls take up kung fu. If they ever did, I'd put them on the cover so fast, it'd make your head spin.

Gene, you guys only publish every other month. Dave @ IKF would beat you to it so fast your head would spin! Bahahahaha :D

Shaolin Lueb said

I have seen plenty of bad martial artists make a huge living in this industry. like guys put tapes in and let the kids follow it and they have huge schools.

And you know what if they put it up here for the members of this forum to comment on I might just call it how I see it. And if I did I would have the strength of character to stand by my convictions! :)

The Xia
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I know CMA has a long history of performance but I don't find this to be of good quality. I don't see any good martial arts or even performance skills based in martial arts (like Wushu or Peking Opera), just dancing. These performers may very well be great dancers but that doesn't make them great martial artists or martial arts based performance (like Wushu) artists (like Jet Li). It's like this, imagine a group of superb Hung Gar stylists putting on a Salsa dancing themed show even though they have little to no experience in Salsa dancing. Think of what that would be like. That should illustrate what I mean. I also find it cheesy (ie: "Boys go for the glory. Girls go for the kill."). I know this may open me up to attacks as was demonstrated before so I'll say this here. I don't see why you guys are bent out of shape and some members are rallying to the defense. We all have the right to voice our opinions. I gave mine and judging from several of the responses I'm not alone. Do you get on critics cases when they give a movie a bad review? I doubt it. It’s the same concept but in a different field of show biz. I’ll also add that I wouldn’t ignore firepalm’s last post. I feel there is sound advice and commentary there.

GeneChing
01-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Of course, he beat us by putting Taboo on the cover now, didn't he? We were trying to work the angle of Fergie's MMA practice for a cover shoot, but we were too late. :p

Shaolinlueb
01-24-2007, 08:43 PM
gene

i said might be. i never said he was mediocre. i have how much experience their teacher has or how long these girls have been training. I said that to compare to toher instances where i have seen bad martial artists be hugely successful. as for lueb vs kung fu femme's, would i get my butt kicked? i might just let it happen ;)

xia
actually in hk xia most of the action stars seem to come from a dancing background. now am i saying their kung fu is good? no im not saying its good. but to do movie fu its pretty good.

for me to get into movies i tried, too tough, the kung fu femmes are lucky they are getting some spotlight. plus i think everyone wants them to be a zhang zi yi or something.

chinadoll
read explantion i said to gene. dont take offense, also still "good luck"

The Xia
01-24-2007, 09:05 PM
xia
actually in hk xia most of the action stars seem to come from a dancing background. now am i saying their kung fu is good? no im not saying its good. but to do movie fu its pretty good.

for me to get into movies i tried, too tough, the kung fu femmes are lucky they are getting some spotlight. plus i think everyone wants them to be a zhang zi yi or something.
You bring up a good point by saying many HK stars are dancers. Look at Michelle Yoeh for an example of that. But, can you honestly say that the stuff you see in the Kung Fu Femmes is near HK quality? Case in point. You have to ask why that is. Blaming it all on the performers is like blaming a movie all on the actors. You won't really see critics doing that (unless of course everything is fine except the actors). Critics will examine who is responsible for a movie's flaws. That being said, who is doing the choreography in HK vs. who is doing the choreography here? Firepalm brought up this topic.

The Xia
01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Well the fact that you have to mention that "they have boyfriends" pretty much clarifies what the purpose of the "entertainment" is all about.
Another thing is the content. What is this show supposed to be? The Shaolin "Wheel of Life" show told a story, had skillful performers, and was an all around quality production. What is the purpose of this? What I saw leads me to think that the show is just there to have scantily clad women who "kick ass". If there is something else there, please share. But I don't see it.

firepalm
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Michelle Yeoh, Cynthia Khan (Yueng Lai Ching), Moon Lee (Lai Choy Fung), Zhang Zhiyi, etc... all Hong Kong / China action stars who come from a background in dance. That is where any similarity ends. Full stop period end of discussion! These actresses are portraying a character in a film and doing straight ahead action, typically choreographed by the likes of Yuen Woo Ping, Corey Yuen Kwai, Donnie Yen, etc... Or they work with stunt teams like Jackie Chan's, Yuen Biao's or Sammo Hung's. These same women (and others as well as male actors) will rely on stunt doubles. Also unless the movie is a period piece they aren't generally playing martial artists in these films but rather a cop that can fight or something to that effect. These women also generally went on to train in movie fighting, which in Hong Kong is viewed as an art unto itself.

Saying that because these actresses in HK started off as dancers somehow validates what the Kung Fu Femmes does doesn't cut it in my books. Apples & oranges.

There really is no comparison here. The quality of the movement & the choreography, that is exhibitied in these HK / China films versus what the Kung Fu Femmes display on stage is light years apart. The choreography in Kung Fu Femmes is just plain bad, sorry if that isn't sugar coated but simply the way I see it. The skill levels in spite of what the producer said are not amazing. And honestly I think it is generally laughable and sorry but I think it makes us (the Kung Fu community) look bad to an unknowing public and you know what this community has enough problems as it is without a bunch badly presented, poorly choreographed low skill level women dancing around in very little clothing. Again what they do I feel plays to a fetish market & appeals to the lowest common denominator & if they called something else I would care less.

It's not just a few people on this site that share my opinion, once again have a look at the Jiayo site, oh wait a minute Lueb you've already been there haven't you!? :p

The Xia
01-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Look at the beginning of this thread.

If you've got nothing good to say don't say anything:cool:

Ya know what?
I want my minute and seven seconds back.

Was that kungfu? What style? And what's with the dancing?

Everyone *knows* that women prefer to do a pseudo strip-tease on a stage to practicing a real martial art.

You're right, and the next time I get the urge to watch one of you're exploitation
flicks ( not exploiting women, but lonely MA'ists looking for women w/good moves)
I'll go and practice instead.

Thanks for the wake up call.:rolleyes:

Flame on:D

Those are just some quotes from the first two pages.

If that's not enough, look at what some posters say on this other thread.
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44478

firepalm
01-25-2007, 12:32 AM
As mentioned before have a look at what the Wushu kids are saying over on Jiayo.com
http://www.jiayo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4297

But Chinadoll & Tony don't have the ability to use simple logic & deduction in their favor, 'If so many people on a Kung Fu forum don't like our show and say we s__ maybe..... ???' :eek:

Li Kao
01-25-2007, 02:09 AM
this community has enough problems as it is without a bunch badly presented, poorly choreographed low skill level women dancing around in very little clothing. Again what they do I feel plays to a fetish market & appeals to the lowest common denominator

Firepalm -- you sound like my grandma a bit with this statement. I don't know why everyone seems to be so offended that some of their outfits are sexy -- I'm sure most of you guys read or look at magazines like Maxim or don't mind someone like Beyonce showing a little leg/booty when she is performing, so why should there be a double standard here?

I can understand people critiquing the choreagraphy/martial arts, but some seem a bit much -- like saying they should all go train for a few years before appearing in public again. Chinadoll mentioned that some of the girls have little to no martial arts experience before -- it's not like they have are trying to compete in wushu tournaments, so why so much grief? And saying they pale in comparison to girls like Michelle Yeoh, etc -- how can you compare a small troupe like them to big budget movies? If someone posts a MMA clip here, would you say something like "It's so-so, but you are no Chuck Liddell and are a disgrace to the martial arts community -- go train for a few more years before you embarrass us in public?" I realize that many of you seem to have a very low opinion of these girls -- I guess I just don't understand the negativity. I look at everyone who takes up the mantle of martial arts training to be my brother/sister, whether it's someone in my own style, the old man doing tai chi in the park, the mom who joins her kids in TKD class for the exercise and to support her kids -- we are a smaller group than you think, and I also think we are more alike than we realize.

It seems like many of you have loftier ambitions for these girls than they do for themselves, but I would bet that they feel lucky and stoked to be doing what they are doing and having an audience for it.

The Xia
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
It's not that they are wearing "sexy outfits", it's that sex seems to be what the whole thing is about. Where is the interesting story? Where is the good choreography? It seems to me that CMA (and martial arts in general) are being exploited as a vehicle for the selling point: scantily clad women who "kick ass".

Shaolinlueb
01-25-2007, 12:24 PM
It's not just a few people on this site that share my opinion, once again have a look at the Jiayo site, oh wait a minute Lueb you've already been there haven't you!? :p

i have, and quite frankly some of the comments offend me, cause thoses people have the same or less amount of skill then the kung fu femme's.

The Xia
01-25-2007, 12:43 PM
i have, and quite frankly some of the comments offend me, cause thoses people have the same or less amount of skill then the kung fu femme's.
Do you think people who bash movies on internet boards should have to possess greater skills then those involved in the making of the film? I doubt it. To write something substantive, they just need to be able to tell what's what. And even if they can't, they still have the right to voice opinions. On top of that, I don't see how you know what skills (mostly) anonymous people on some forum have. I gave reasons why I don't like it. Others did the same. That's one of the things about good criticism, there needs to be reasons for liking or disliking something. So, tell me, what about the show Kung Fu Femmes do you like? And please don’t use things like, “It’s good to see any martial arts related entertainment out there.” That would be like a movie critic who happens to like jazz, for arguments sake, that says a terrible movie about a jazz singer is good because “It’s good to see jazz in the movies.” That just doesn’t cut it. That being said, what do you like about the Kung Fu Femmes show?

The Xia
01-25-2007, 01:00 PM
It doesn't look like Kung Fu Femmes went over too well at BudoSeek either.
http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19430
The FightingArts.com boards have plenty of negative feedback as well.
http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=15910953&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

GeneChing
01-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I like scantily clad women in the martial arts. It's a nice contrast to old Chinese men. Not that I'm putting down old Chinese men (hell, I hope to be one some day) but it does get, well, old.

Ok seriously, what I really like about Kung Fu Femmes is that we have a live one right here on our forum, which is more than the other forums posted above can say. We took the extra step and converted tonylaudati's spam thread into chat with a real live girl, err, excuse me, 'femme', miss chinadoll. While other forums might provide everyone with a place to bash, we go that extra step. We've given you all a chance to take it right to the source and discuss it with one of the performers. Most of you have reacted destructively, which is the nature of martial artists, and if chinadoll and tonylaudati are in the least bit genuine to the arts, they surely realize that this is the nature of the beast, quite literally. I'm sure, if they are authentic to their claims, they'll stay here, weather the storm and absorb what is useful. Some of you have given constructive comments, and for the most part, chinadoll has done her best to listen. If you really want change, speak in a voice that people will heed. We all deserve a shot at self improvement. That's the essence of martial practice. And we're all beginners at some point. Perhaps, with proper input, Kung Fu Femmes could become something that meets everyone's expectations. We can't all be Simon Cowells here. That would be overkill. I'm voting for Shaolinlueb for KFM's Paula Abdul. :p

firepalm
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Lueb said

To their credit though none of them is doing performances and misrepresenting themselves as Kung Fu performers or coming onto forums like this, telling us it's 'amazing martial arts' and subsequently getting all bent out of shape when we do not sugar candy coat our responses to them. Frankly most of the initial comments about the Kung Fu Femmes, including mine, really weren't that severe. Then producer Tony jumps down the throat of the first person that offers just the slightest critique! So whatever his stuff bad, so is his attitude and he deserves what he gets! :cool:

Li Kao said

And saying they pale in comparison to girls like Michelle Yeoh, etc -- how can you compare a small troupe like them to big budget movies?

That was exactly my point, in a previous post Lueb tries to somehow validate what the Kung Fu Femmes do by pointing out that many Hong Kong starlets started out in Dance, my point no comparison, no similarity, invalid point.

As to Beyonce & Maxim wtf? The Kung Fu Femmes can do their shows all they like & wear whatever they want but if they come on a forum like this try to tell me that's it's amazing martial arts, passing it off as Kung Fu (which is nothing more then a misrepresentation) & so on and then blast anyone who makes a critique (especially when there stuff is really quite bad) well again I'm not to going to sugar coat my responses.

I look at everyone who takes up the mantle of martial arts training to be my brother/sister

Hey that's GREAT! You can all get together hold hands with your brothers, sisters & the Kung Fu Femmes in a circle & sing Kumbiyah for all I care. Personally as I see it if a sibling goes a wry, well every so often you just gotta take 'em out back and give them a whopping like a Red Headed Step Child! :eek: (NOTE - serious sarcasm intended for the faint of heart & a n a l PC types).

Shaolinlueb
01-25-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm voting for Shaolinlueb for KFM's Paula Abdul. :p

gene
first off, thanks, but i dont watch american idol, you're gonna have to fill me in gene. does she get a lot of chicks? :D have only seen a couple of people offer advice and construtiveness in this thread.

firepalm and xia i get what you are saying.

Ronin maximus
01-25-2007, 07:59 PM
The Kung Fu Femmes website shows someone named Kei Kosugi as one of their choreographers.

Is he the son of Sho Kosugi from "Enter the Ninja"?

Sho Kosugi was the Man back in the day!

Anyone else remember those movies?

P.S. I still don't like the Kung Fu Femmes.

shaolinsky
01-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey fellow martial artists. I'm new here and was dropping in after I saw this topic. I actually saw some of the Kung Fu Femmes performances in LA. What I want to know is, where is all the stuff I saw in the shows?

In the movies posted, all I see are stick fighting and staff choreography with a little dancing and kicks. When I saw the show live, There were multiple fight scenes going on at once, girls fighting with double chucks and kama's, and a very cool hand to hand scene with one of them dressed up like a school girl taking out a couple of thugs. I honestly liked the shows I saw - but what I see in those movies didn't seem to do you justice. It actually kind of backfired imo.

But still - with this much ralley'ing back and forth about who likes it and who doesn't, its kind of funny. I think I have to point out some things tho.

Umm, I'm sorry to say this, but Firepalm - you are wrong in most of your posts. Later in the thread you actually try to make some valid arguments - but your first few made you look pretty childish. Most of the movies you linked to were just people doing forms and some fight scenes from big budget movies - how does that compare to this stage troupe? Your arguments about these girls not being as good as the HK favorites - that was pretty lame. And then referring to other threads like Jiayo etc?? Those forums are seriously for Asian highschoolers that spend their life on the computer all day. Can you really take them seriously?
You have posted so many times on this thread - I think you must be thinking about it alot. Most people wouldn't take that much time trying to prove their opinion - I'm starting to think you like this troupe but are afraid to say it...seriously, is there anything wrong with enjoying girls in anime'ish outfits doing martial arts? I think its most guys dream lol.

Xia - tho I see most of your points also, I want to know if you've seen them live? You seem to have a pretty big opinion on these girls for someone who has only seen these little movies of them. Believe me - its not the same. And I would
probably have the same opinion if I only saw those movies. But for someone who doesn't like it - you sure post alot on the thread too...

To Chinadoll - GET SOME OF YOUR GOOD STUFF ON THE WEB! @#$@#$

In their defense - I have to say I agree with Shaolin Lueb and the guys. But I also think what they are showing on the web is pretty Sucky. Not all of it - but its pretty sucky compared to their show.

Thats all :)

firepalm
01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Shaolin Sky said,

Most of the movies you linked to were just people doing forms and some fight scenes from big budget movies - how does that compare to this stage troupe?

If you read the post I said these were examples of how Kung Fu / Wushu staff work should look and thus sighted examples in regards to their staff & stick work as it was poorly done for something that is supposed to be Kung Fu themed. I referenced the films to show what good fight choreography should look like. It was not intended as a comparison and wasn't worded as such.

Shaolin Sky said,

Your arguments about these girls not being as good as the HK favorites - that was pretty lame.

A post was made by Shaolin lueb trying to validate that the Kung Fu Femmes are dancers and that many HK female action stars started out as dancers and this somehow validates what they do. I merely pointed out that there is no comparison. Of course these girls are not in the same league and what they do is completely different which is what I was trying to point out in my post.

You know if you like em that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled and yeh I have probably gone overboard on this but truth is simply I love Chinese martial arts in all it's variances and hate seeing it misrepresented. This KF Femme stuff as I have said really struck a nerve with me and if wasn't called 'Kung Fu' Femmes (& Tony wasn't such an a hole) I wouldn't have a problem. You can call me childish, that's your opinion, whatever no biggie.

Like these girls secretly e gad no! Talk to me about Zhang Zhiyi as Sailor Moon and yeh we might a whole new thread going! ;)

The Xia
01-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Xia - tho I see most of your points also, I want to know if you've seen them live? You seem to have a pretty big opinion on these girls for someone who has only seen these little movies of them. Believe me - its not the same. And I would
probably have the same opinion if I only saw those movies. But for someone who doesn't like it - you sure post alot on the thread too...
Admittedly, I have only watched those videos. As someone who has seen the show, what do you think is good about it?
As for your implication about me secretly liking it, no and I doubt Firepalm does either.

The Xia
01-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Some of you have given constructive comments, and for the most part, chinadoll has done her best to listen. If you really want change, speak in a voice that people will heed. We all deserve a shot at self improvement. That's the essence of martial practice. And we're all beginners at some point. Perhaps, with proper input, Kung Fu Femmes could become something that meets everyone's expectations.
Firepalm actually did give some constructive comments as did others. I'll add this to the mix. So choreography and martial arts aside, what is this show about? Scantily clad women who "kick ass" with writing along the lines of "Boys go for the glory. Girls go for the kill."? This just doesn't cut it for me. Take a look at the Shaolin Wheel of Life show. Look at what was presented to the audience there.

chinadoll
01-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Li Kao, Lueb, Gene, and Shaolin Sky, I deeply appreciate your words. Although I know you guys have your honest critiques, these are good, honest criticisms that I and the troupe can grow from.

Li Kao, your attitude shows that of a great person and teacher. If you teach martial arts, I would want to learn from someone like you. I agree that we as martial artists have alot in common. You are the type of person I could correpond with on this forum and gain knowledge.

I feel that is why ANYONE would spend their time on a forum. To share ideas that help them grow.

Thank goodness their are people like you guys on this forum. Otherwise I would probably just sign off.

Xia - the live show actually does have a story line. The videos don't show it because they are just clips of different shows. Maybe if you ever come town you can check it out for yourself. Much better than me trying to explain the whole performance :)

Dui nimen Chou Shaozi, Wo Hai yao shuo - bu yao lan fei wode shijian. Nide hua zhende shi FEI HUA. Tai Lipule ye.

Something interesting about me - My great grandfather helped fund Huo Yuan Jia's school. Kung Fu is in my blood.

:)

firepalm
01-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Give it up, mate! No one can answer cause all it really is, is women who kick ass! (Fetish market).

Cheers! :)

The Xia
01-26-2007, 12:25 AM
The youtube Kung Fu Femmes videos are tagged with the word "Catfight". Now what does that say concerning what Kung Fu Femmes is about?

For those that are defending this show, what do you like about it? Tell me why you feel it's good?

shaolinsky
01-26-2007, 12:47 AM
1 - they are real
2 - they are girls
3 - they do martial arts
4 - they wear cool costumes
5 - they remind me of life like anime's
6 - I love anime
7 - they use weapons
8 - one of them actually came onto the forum willing to talk kung fu with us (rude comments notwithstanding)
9 - probably the hottest, and most interesting demo team I have seen (there are a couple of chicks in the troupe that are HOT, at least from what I saw in the last show - I didn't see them in the video tho)
10 - I heard one of the girls trained with the Navy Seals!
11 - Need I say more?

Granted, there is definite room for improvement in the martial arts aspect of the show - chinadoll said that SEVERAL times. But just the fact that they are out there and displaying martial arts, and they are female is a cool thing. Aren't you tired of seeing half naked guys chop bricks and wood?

The Xia
01-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Give it up, mate! No one can answer cause all it really is, is women who kick ass! (Fetish market).

Cheers! :)
I hear you but I'm putting this question out there. We'll see if anybody bites. Oh well, we're not alone. Maybe more will speak up on this thread.
The thing is that I see a lot of bad things going on in the martial arts world. Mcdojos and all manner of unqualified teachers is one of the major problems out there but there are other things that I can see no good of coming. Often we insulate ourselves from other martial artists, "what does that lousy no-touch knockout 'chi' demo done by a 'shadowy death ninja soke' have to do with me? He isn't claiming he's doing CMA. He's saying he does JMA. I do CMA not JMA." Some take it a step further, "What does the 'chi blast' demo done by a 'barfing ape dragon mountain sijo' have to do with me? He's not claiming he's doing Wing Chun so what do I care." The truth is that bad MA reflects on all MA. The more crap, the more we look bad. You can insulate yourself and just do your thing without worrying about it. However, the crap lowers the quality pool in MA. For most people, ending up in a good school is chance. Most don't do the proper research before learning from a teacher. So the higher percentage of crap out there, the worse the chances get. So speaking up against the crap is a public service in a way. Although this is a show and not a school, it seems to me that it is exploiting martial arts to showcase scantily clad women who "kick ass". Why should people in the martial arts world hide what they feel about this? If good martial artists aren’t honest about this kind of thing then what does that say? How will that effect where we go? Just some food for thought.

firepalm
01-26-2007, 12:53 AM
I kept telling myself don't make any comment but I just couldn't resist....

Shaolin Sky said

most interesting demo team I have seen

If that is the most interesting demo you have ever seen you really gotta get out more!

:eek:

The Xia
01-26-2007, 12:55 AM
1 - they are real
2 - they are girls
3 - they do martial arts
4 - they wear cool costumes
5 - they remind me of life like anime's
6 - I love anime
7 - they use weapons
8 - one of them actually came onto the forum willing to talk kung fu with us (rude comments notwithstanding)
9 - probably the hottest, and most interesting demo team I have seen (there are a couple of chicks in the troupe that are HOT, at least from what I saw in the last show - I didn't see them in the video tho)
10 - I heard one of the girls trained with the Navy Seals!
11 - Need I say more?
So excluding 8, would it be safe to say that your reasons for liking it can be summed up in the phrase “They are women who kick ass”? ;)

firepalm
01-26-2007, 12:57 AM
To your post 3 back AMEN! Very well put! Bravo! Unfortunately it will go over the heads of most here! :confused:

chinadoll
01-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Xia - you seem to be so concerned about what other people are doing in the martial arts world because you think it makes YOU look bad? Get over yourself dude. Everyone takes a different path in martial arts. There are so many different arts taught by so many different people. I was always taught there was no need to compete against other people and worry so much about others. You should worry about yourself and just strive to make YOURSELF better. There is all kinds of things that will disagree with you in life. Just because you think something is wrong or doesn't settle with you well, your gonna make it a cause to convince everyone around you that what those peope are doing is abominable and needs to be shut down? How about worrying about a cause that is actually worth your time, like stopping genocide or something.

Go watch Fearless, and listen to the conversation about the tea. There are many different kinds of tea, and some teas are not for everyone.

Shaolinsky, Thanks for the positive post. Tell us your martial arts back ground since Firepalm keeps telling people they need to get out more.

Firepalm, your authoring a book with how much you write on this forum. If I were you, I'd stop telling people to get out more.

firepalm
01-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Hahaha not bad Chinadoll, it's just a good thing I am a fast typer!

One thing Chinadoll I notice everytime something doesn't sit with you well you don't address it, you evade it & then you start telling people how YOU think they should conduct themselves and start imposing your value system on others. Why don't you step back for a moment and think for just a moment why some here really don't care for your stuff. :rolleyes:

In some of my sparetime I do volunteer work for the SPCA!

Check please!

shaolinsky
01-26-2007, 01:47 AM
I find it interesting how many people consider themselves martial artists when they don't understand the meaning. I mean the word Kung Fu doesn't mean "Chinese Martial Arts" now does it? So why the offence? One student claims he loves Chinese martial arts and has trained with several old school teachers in Asia...yet all the traditional teachers I have trained with, especially the Chinese ones, teach Discipline before anything else. My uncle taught Shaolin to the military in Taiwan back in the day - he was my first teacher. He was probably one of the most strict teachers I learned from. The discipline I learned seems to differ greatly than some of those on this forum. I was always taught respect first. That is what I teach to my students. I know it's old fashioned - but it seems to be more true to martial arts.

I don't know, but it just seems so disrespectful to call someone out and demean them before knowing them first. Many stories about judging books by their cover come to mind...don't they??

Xia has many interesting comments about protecting the arts, and not letting anyone let us look bad. I agree with that. But does a performance troupe with a martial arts flare really make us look bad? They may be beginners for themost part at the present time - or at least at the time the videos were shot - but doesn't everyone start somewhere? Didn't you start somewhere? I am sure Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Zi Yi had their share of "beginner" performances - and they may have had harsh critics as well. These girls in the Kung Fu Femmes just happen to have the luck and circumstance to be able to show their stuff to a bigger audience than most. Can it get better? YES. But room for improvement doesn't mean it makes anyone look bad. And really - what is so wrong about "women who kick @ss?" You seem to have a big pet peeve with that when I think most people don't mind it at all. Or is it just that they are women? Is that the problem?

In my opinion, martial arts needs to be promoted more - because as much as there is out there - the majority still see it as something foreign. I am all for anything that promotes Martial Arts. And women can promote it as well as men any day - better in my opinion. I see alot of promise in this troupe's future.

Chinadoll, keep at it forever. I know you won't let silly negative feedback get you down - but I just want to reinforce you and your teammates. I've seen you for real - and I know what you got. It is great, and I think you deserve all the praise for your hard work that you can get. I look forward to your next show. And - put together some of your good stuff for us guys to see k? I would love to see one of you in the troupe make it big.

Xia and Palm will be the first ones in line when that happens lol.

firepalm
01-26-2007, 02:24 AM
Generic terms all commonly used to refer to Chinese Martial Arts; Kung Fu / Gung Fu / Gong Fu (Skill from Effort, or to be Skilled), Wushu (Martial Arts), Koushu (National Arts). All of these are more current and used in different parts of Asia. Older terms Quan Shu (Fist Arts), Quan Fa (Fist Technique) etc... Point they are all generic terms used to refer to the Chinese Martial Arts as a whole. Do you know the meaning Shaolinsky?

Discipline? How about standing up & speaking out when you don't think something is right?

Odd how you have only four posts (three out of four here) and just came on at this time as a new forum member? Something smells fishy!

As to promoting Chinese Martial Arts, I have never seen it as a gender issue. Just so long as it is done with some dignity and taste.

As to lining up for one of their shows, seen enough on youtube to know it really is not to my tastes.

Li Kao
01-26-2007, 05:10 AM
For those that are defending this show, what do you like about it? Tell me why you feel it's good?

Xia, I'll bite on this one as well. I got to see this troupe in the flesh a few years ago in L.A. I was impressed by their energy, enthusiasm, and athleticism. Also, in talking with the members afterwards, I found them to be very sincere in their intentions and with a serious approach to their training and development as performers and martial artists. My impression was that they were grateful to have an audience and they were also curious about how they presented and open to suggestions for improvement. And most of all, I got a sense of humility -- a trait that I value highly and is becoming a rare commodity in our circles. I have to say that their live show is a much better representation than the youtube videos -- I'm not sure if all of the girls that I saw are still with the troupe, but all I can say is that the experience of seeing them and then interacting with them afterwards left me with a good impression. I knew I would get blasted for my belief that I respect anyone who trains in martial arts with a good, honest effort and sincere intentions, regardless of style or talent level, but that is how I really feel. Very few of us will be a successful UFC fighter, or a national forms champ, or have our own successful school, but the one thing that unites us all is our desire for self-improvement in the path we have chosen.

A lot of people are criticizing the skill level of the girls and saying the technique/choreagraphy is weak -- that's a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. The girls themselves are pretty open about their own experience -- some are passionate martial artists while others are mainly dancers. As has been said already in this post, we all started somewhere and I'm sure there were experienced practitioners who could level the same complaints against all of us when we were new students.

Xia, I do believe your intentions are noble, and I know you to be a good guy, but the idea that these girls are somehow disgracing the martial arts community is going a little far. There is nothing pornographic or sexually suggestive in their act. They do play upon their sexiness, but that is Marketing 101. Sexy/beautiful sells -- always has, always will. Is it mere coincidence that KFM's own Got Qi? girls happen to be slim and rather attractive? You won't ever see my ugly mug holding up a product on TV or in a magazine. It seems as if some of you have a moralistic objection to these girls using their beauty as a means of advertising, but to be honest, I find the presentation to be rather tame in comparison to say, ring girls at MMA events. Their image is more of a take off on Anime and Cosplay. It's not like they are performing in thongs and bikini tops.

As far as the idea that martial artists should be speaking up when they see something they think is crap -- maybe it's just my personality, but I believe in more of a "live and let live" philosophy. I have had some world-class teachers over the years, and I know I've been lucky in that regard, so I am very picky in terms of who I spend my time training with. It's a temptation to be elitist when you're in a situation like that -- I know most of the posters on this board have had top quality instruction too and the martial arts are more than just a hobby or pasttime, so it's something that is near and dear to all of us. But I just shrug off the McDojos and Chi-Blast Masters. I'm never going to waste my time with a school/teacher I don't respect or my money on a seminar that I feel is most likely bogus. If someone wants to spend their money and time with stuff like that, it's their prerogrative and it's not like someone is holding a gun to their head to do it. And just because I think a certain school would be a waste of time for me, at my stage in training, doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't benefit from it and be happy to train there. I prefer to spend my efforts building things up rather than tearing them down -- time is a precious resource and I'd rather expend my efforts in improving myself and the world I value. I would go to see the Kung Fu Femmes again, simply because it's entertaining, and I don't think they are trying to be anything but that.

These forums can be entertaining themselves I must admit, or none of us would continue to post. Being able to post from behind a screen can loosen the lips a bit, which can be good for discussion, but I'd be willing to bet that quite a bit of what is said here wouldn't be said if we were all talking face-to-face.

The Xia
01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll give the Kung Fu Femmes one thing. They probably work hard to put on this show. But look at it this way. Have you ever seen a movie that you don't like and tell your friends, "This sucks." You probably have. The people that made the movie likely worked very hard to put what you saw on the silver screen. Still, that doesn't negate your right to criticize. I have not seen the whole performance but I wasn't impressed with the choreography and skill that I saw on the videos. There's nothing wrong with being beginners but how many beginners charge money for shows? Time with some good trainers and new choreography may do the trick. However, the other aspect is the content. To me, "Boys go for the glory. Girls go for the kill." is cringe worthy. If this is indicative of the writing, I feel that needs big improvement. Then there is the issue of what the show is about. The videos are tagged with "Catfight". That tells me something. What I saw leads me to believe it's basically selling sex with martial arts being exploited as the vehicle. I think this aspect is what really brings on the panning from many of the posters. It does for me anyway. So if this is what the show is about, the whole core of the show (and the other aforementioned aspects) would have to change in order for my opinion to. But wouldn't that be a new show entirely?
To chinadoll and tonylaudati,
I don't think telling people how you think they should act or how they are "wrong" or anything along those lines is going to make you look better in those people's minds. It won't work on me. In fact, some of tonylaudati’s responses lower my opinion... Remember this, I don’t think posters that are giving you negative reviews are doing it to be “big bad mean boogiemen”. I'm certainly not. I'm being honest. Many of them express why they don’t like it. I have and firepalm has. I feel that you'd be better served looking into what all of these posters are actually saying.
Specifically to Li Kao,
This should also put my long post about the martial arts world in better light. Mcdojos and B.S. artists are a separate issue but I did mention them and you addressed them so I’ll respond with this. I suggest reading this article. http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewarticle&id=3

chinadoll
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Li Kao,

You ideas and theories are right on the mark for me. I believe that one should always expend their efforts in attaining a higher state of well being. Even if I don't like something, like a movie or performance of some sort, the last thing I would do is go on some internet forum and start blasting them. To me, that would be a waste of time. However, if I have something useful to say, constructive criticisms included, then it is worth the energy.

Shaolinsky, not to get all girly here, but your words truly touched me. I even got a little teary eyed! Ha Ha! Thank you so much for your encouragement. After one works so hard, it is a wonderful thing to get some praise. You say you are a teacher. As a parent, I would want my kids to study after someone that is encouraging and positive. Thank you for taking the time and energy to say such good things.

Both of you have said things, that I couldn't express myself. Thank you for imparting wisdom and encouragement to me and my troupe. And also, for understanding our true intentions as a troupe. People can say what they want, but we as a troupe LOVE what we do. Tony is also a very passionate and noble director. People can have their opinions about him, but I've worked with many directors over the past years working in LA. I've never known someone to care for the well-being of his performers more than he. He is very protective of us, and will jump to our aid if he feels he needs to. He is a good man, and he's a good person to have on your side.

Firepalm, I must have touched a nerve with my "profile" of you. As you keep referring back to it in your posts. You also say that if something doesn't settle well with me I avoid it. I've addressed many issues that have unsettled me. But I do not have the time or will to address EVERYTHING that is said. I do not feel the need to correspond with negative energy. I also do not feel the need to state my opinions repeatedly and then back them up with "resources." I used to be on my universities debate team. I got my share of arguing, and although it can be fun, I learned long ago that most things are not worth arguing over.

Firepalm, Xia, you are welcome to your opinions. But for the most part, whenever anyone says anything good, or nice, you have to blast them (especially Firepalm). Why the animosity? Who are you trying to convince? Do you feel if you get more people to blast the Kung fu femmes, this will validate the time spent on this forum? If you wanted to state your opinion, you could have just left it at one post. But I sense there is a longing to argue.

I myself am done arguing. I find myself on this forum much too often within the last few days. I really should be spending more time training and doing sit ups. Heck, I should be doing sit ups right now. But instead, I'm glued to my computer speaking to ears that will not hear anyway. The next thing that will be said is probably going to be another blast just to have the last word in. Go ahead though, there are many people that don't like Kung fu femmes. I'm aware of that, but why would I spend my time corresponding with them and trying to please them? I could see why people wouldn't like our troupe. Okay, so now what? You want me to quit? You want me to bend over backwards trying to please you? Want to be the new director? Just relax. So you don't like it. Okay, now it's time to move on. Maybe in the future you will like it. Maybe you won't. Either way, it doesn't matter.

So, yeah, if you find I'm ignoring some folks, don't get your panties in a bunch. I've stated my reasons for doing so. I do not need to repeat myself or clarify. If you still don't understand, please reread the post.

firepalm
01-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Chinadoll said,

Why the animosity?
Because you call it Kung Fu and by virtue of what I see as bad choreography & poor skill levels (some packaging that I don't care for) and I think it misrepresents Kung Fu / Chinese Martial Arts. As I have said if it wasn't called Kung Fu Femmes no problem. That is not a blast just a statement of my opinion.

Chinadoll you are obviously impassioned about what you do & you should pursue what you wish to do. You don't have to bend over backwards to please me or anyone else, honestly if you are doing what you want to do, then do it. However be prepared that should you come on forum like this where many of us have indeed been at this a very long time & have seen a lot more of the whole spectrum of things (so to speak) be prepared for the fact that some may not particurily like what you do and some such as myself (Xia & others) may see it as something worth getting into a heated debate over (granted sometimes forgettng simple manners & getting a little too sarcastic). As to blasting others they make a point or call out me on one of my points I simply respond & clarify. Sometimes things escalate but I think looking back I am probably not the only guilty party here (nature of things when you get two different sides that feel impassioned about something).

Firepalm, I must have touched a nerve with my "profile" of you.
No really not the case the nerve that you struck with me is only do to with Kung Fu / CMA (as far as I can recall I only brought up twice). I really don't take anything personally on here and I don't think you should either, I do not judge you as person in anyway, my comments were only to do with your show. Granted Tony's couple of attacks certainly got a few of the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Tony also might well be a good person and works well with your group and that's a good thing, I've always maintained that while I might not get along with someone they could be the greatest person to others. I realize also that Tony may well have thought he was speaking in your defense, hopefully this is a relationship that will continue for you & your group. No blast here but from where I stand the fellow could also do with a lesson in manners.

Chinadoll said,

speaking to ears that will not hear anyway.
Ditto, sorry just couldn't resist getting that last little sarcastic word in! (personality flaw I have) :p

GeneChing
01-26-2007, 05:17 PM
No matter what is said, I like the idea of a female martial arts performance troupe. I'm trying to remember some previous ones, and for some reason, the only thing I can think of offhand were Sho Kosugi's ninjettes. And if memory serves, they just stood next to Sho as he hosted bad kung fu movies. There's a certain element of cheesiness that's always pervaded martial arts performance. I imagine it stems back to the jianghu. I hope that there will be more female martial arts performance troupes, more skilled, more authentic, more scantily clad. OK, just kidding about that last part. Well, sort of kidding.

Anyway, chinadoll, we appreciate you taking the time to discuss your performance with our fellow members. Obviously, you've got some support and some critics. I encourage you to adventure past this particular thread and into the realm of the rest of the forum. This thread, being about Kung Fu Femmes, will always put you on the defensive. But there are so many other threads on all sorts of subjects. Any practitioner will find something to chat about. There are a surprising amount of resources here, especially if you dig through the archives. Hope to see you on some other threads than your own. ;)

lunghushan
01-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Personally, I don't think there's enough women in the martial arts and active in fighting and performing, and that's kindof sad because honestly I'm a bit tired of looking at guys all the time.

Until we get a new sentient species to play with, perhaps we should support women martial artists more.

But honestly it seems like there's something ingrained in humanity -- maybe it's a social condition or something, that says that women aren't martial artists, or aren't serious fighters on the level of men. Maybe it's a lack of testosterone or something -- I don't know.

Anyways, I think the Kung Fu Femmes is a great thing, although I wouldn't go to a show because I wouldn't go to a show to see guys jumping around and doing stunts either -- too much of a circus thing.

But maybe you can get some women UFC style fighting going on.

tonylaudati
01-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Please check out this short bio on four of our girls --

-- WHOOPS! Hold on.

Okay, I put on my Kevlar:

http://www.current.tv/watch/20778647

firepalm
01-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Does that include a helmet? Cause I got my finger on the trigger & your mug in my crosshairs!

Just joking! Good luck :eek:

lunghushan
01-26-2007, 08:14 PM
All I can say is accckkk ... why does everybody promote all their stuff everywhere? I think I need to stop posting on the Internet because it is a total waste of time.

tonylaudati
01-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Be sure and aim for my heart.

As Claude Rains put it in CASABLANCA, that's my least vulnerable spot.

shaolinsky
01-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Once again palm - you are wrong.

Do you know the meaning Shaolinsky?

KUNG or GONG = Work or Skill
FU = Skill level or Effort

Kung Fu literally means The skill one has in what he is doing. It could be your skill in cooking, fishing, cleaning or even dancing and doing martial arts on a stage... It has nothing to do with Chinese other than the words being the Chinese language. What you are taking offense at is completely immaterial. Most people use Kung Fu the same way they use Karate - to describe martial arts in general. Of course, we understand the difference because we have studied (I too am most passionate for the Chinese martial arts) but that does not mean that everyone using the term must know the same, unless you are completely racist. Maybe that is the problem here?

And just to help clarify your other wrongs:

Wu Shu = Dancing Art - used to describe the non combative form of martial arts enforced after China became a communist country and all fighting arts were BANNED.

Zhong Guo Kung Fu = Chinese Kung Fu. Maybe this is what you are referring to when taking offense? Oh wait, nobody used this term did they?

I no longer feel you deserve any respect. Your adolescent behavior and immature comments have already revealed what type of person you are.

You are a suppressive person. Unless you agree with something - you feel you must do everything in your power to negate it. You must always be in control, and when you are not you want everyone to feel that you are. Thats why you must always have the last say isn't it?

Your profile states you joined in 1969???? Are you seriously 60 years old? or - more likely, you are a highschooler logged in under your dads profile and making a fool out of his name. You should know - that is what you are doing if thats the case. I can't believe someone of that age would really be on a forum like this as much as you are.

Discipline? Discipline is knowing when to keep your mouth shut unless you have something intelligent to say. Discipline is defending those that are being attacked even if you are out numbered. Discipline is nowhere to be seen in any of your posts.

I have had several thousand students in my life time, believe it or not, it doesn't matter. I have taught in schools all over the U.S. and Taiwan. I know how to deal with students with a mouth like yours. A stick is often handy. And when it gets really tough - usually around the 6th or 7th grade - then you must teach humility. This only comes about through hard, hard work and experiencing something difficult. Someone your age would surely have learned some humility in his lifetime. That is why I believe you are of an adolescent age. You really remind me of some of my young rebellious students.

A bit of humility would greatly help in your situation. Keep practicing, and you will inevitably learn some.

shaolinsky
01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Li Kao,

Shaolinsky, not to get all girly here, but your words truly touched me. I even got a little teary eyed! Ha Ha! Thank you so much for your encouragement. After one works so hard, it is a wonderful thing to get some praise. You say you are a teacher. As a parent, I would want my kids to study after someone that is encouraging and positive. Thank you for taking the time and energy to say such good things.

Chinadoll,

I meant every word. Please let me know when your next show is, I will definitely be there if it's in the Los Angeles area :) You girls definitely deserve to be defended. Absorb the information and critiques here that will make your performance better. Weed out the negative, disregard them. As you said, they really are a waste of time.

Keep up the good work.

firepalm
01-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Yauh Gung Fu, to have skill. Yes understood this can be attributed to any person whom is skilled be they a carpenter, craftsmen, musician, cook, etc... As we both have mentioned Kung Fu / Gung Fu / Gong Fu is also a common term used in reference to Chinese Martial Arts most commonly in Hong Kong and other parts of South East Asia. Now by attaching Chung Kuo in front that doesn't making it anymore in reference to Chinese Martial Arts other then you are identifying it is Chinese but most already realize it is such if you are calling it Kung Fu. As we talking were about martial arts I kept my defintion limited to that. The thing with translations is it is not always exact but in this case we are both talking about martial arts.

Racist don't know where you got that from? Not even worth addressing!

Now with regards to your other translations Wushu actually does mean Martial Arts in Chinese. Of course if you want to put the term modern or sport in front then many will point a finger and say dancing. But the term used in Mainland is still officially Wushu be it traditional or modern. Now sometimes in the Chinese martial arts press they will interchange the first character Wu with another Chinese character also pronounced Wu which means Dance. This of course in reference to disputed martial validity of modern Wushu. Nonetheless Wushu still means Martial Arts & yes of course you can add Zhong Gou / Chung Kou in front. And they still do have traditional in China. I am seriously wondering if you really do know what you are talking about or maybe you are just referring to wikipedia or something.

60 no! Ask Gene about when the forum went through an overhaul a year or two back and how some of the joining dates were all changed. That & wait the internet hasn't been around since 1969. You don't have the ability for deductive reasoning do you?

As to having your respect I couldn't give a rat's a s s! So I think it's unanimous we don't respect each other I can live with that. And I don't share your opinion on things like discipline, respect & the Femmes so what? Again I find it odd how you have wait now only 5 posts on this forum (4 out of 5 here). You know you really should get back to the rehearsals with the other Femmes, and stop impersonating a martial artist. :)

The Xia
01-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Firepalm, Xia, you are welcome to your opinions. But for the most part, whenever anyone says anything good, or nice, you have to blast them (especially Firepalm). Why the animosity? Who are you trying to convince? Do you feel if you get more people to blast the Kung fu femmes, this will validate the time spent on this forum? If you wanted to state your opinion, you could have just left it at one post. But I sense there is a longing to argue.
I don't see how I blasted anyone. I merely stated my opinion based on what I saw. I have no animosity towards you but I don't have a positive view of what I saw of the show. All that aside, I think the real kicker in my review is what the show claims to be. In this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI22xg1TFyY
It actually says that it's a "Kung Fu show". I think that aspect is what I didn't like the most. I already stated the other reasons so I don't think it's nessesary to repeat it. I

I myself am done arguing. I find myself on this forum much too often within the last few days. I really should be spending more time training and doing sit ups. Heck, I should be doing sit ups right now. But instead, I'm glued to my computer speaking to ears that will not hear anyway. The next thing that will be said is probably going to be another blast just to have the last word in. Go ahead though, there are many people that don't like Kung fu femmes. I'm aware of that, but why would I spend my time corresponding with them and trying to please them? I could see why people wouldn't like our troupe. Okay, so now what? You want me to quit? You want me to bend over backwards trying to please you? Want to be the new director? Just relax. So you don't like it. Okay, now it's time to move on. Maybe in the future you will like it. Maybe you won't. Either way, it doesn't matter.

So, yeah, if you find I'm ignoring some folks, don't get your panties in a bunch. I've stated my reasons for doing so. I do not need to repeat myself or clarify. If you still don't understand, please reread the post.
I don't see how I blasted anyone. I merely stated my opinion based on what I saw. I never got personal and I have no animosity towards you, but I don't have a positive view of what I saw of the show. All that aside, I think the real kicker can be seen in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI22xg1TFyY
One of the Femmes identifies Kung Fu Femmes as a "Kung Fu show". I think that this aspect is what I didn't like the most and I already stated the other reasons so I don't think it's necessary to repeat them. Anyway, as Gene said, there are many threads on everything from Kung Fu, martial arts in general, non-Chinese styles, and off topics so you don't have to spend all your time here defending the show.

lunghushan
01-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Since I'm giving my opinion on everything else tonight, I might as well give my true opinion on the 'Kung Fu Femmes'. You probably won't like it.

They are a performance troupe, and they are doing a show. I'm not going to go see a show just because it's a martial arts performance unless they're skilled martial artists doing something uncommon, like some really good forms or fighting moves or something. Like Jet Li is pretty good at wushu if you look at his earlier stuff. I'd go see that.

These people are not doing anything that great.

Since it's a female performance troupe, they better all be in good shape (thin) and good looking.

They're not all in that great of shape, thin, or great looking.

Then there is the name ... Femmes ... it literally sounds like some kind of cheese. Maybe because it's French. Fromage .. femmes ...

Therefore ... I say nix on the Kung Fu Femmes ... I think they should re-do it as a mixed group with better wushu.

Oh, and that Asian chick isn't too bad looking. Too bad she's already married ...

GeneChing
01-29-2007, 10:24 AM
lhs, if I had a dollar for every time you said you needed to stop posting...:rolleyes:

GeneChing
01-29-2007, 10:31 AM
...but I have no idea how you could derive fromage from femme, lhs....as long as it's not frottage, I suppose it's cool. :rolleyes:

Shaolinlueb
01-29-2007, 01:28 PM
...but I have no idea how you could derive fromage from femme, lhs....as long as it's not frottage, I suppose it's cool. :rolleyes:

so you think we'll ever see her again or she got scared away?

lunghushan
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM

It is a bit of a stretch. But I can't take credit for the analysis. I showed the clip to my redneck cousins to see what they thought of it. And I posted their comments.

Basically they want to see better looking chicks, more fighting and more skin. It's pretty simple.

Personally pretty much the person I think I'd watch just doing forms is Jet Li because he's just so good.

The Willow Sword
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I had originally posted in the other thread that got deleted that i did not care for the show myself and thought it was kinda silly. I say this because like others here who are not liking it, we have seen or been privey to many performances of extremely high calibre (IE: wushu performance/ serious demos at our local schools/etc etc). This show seems to have a low class ring about it. scantily clad femmes doing choreographed fight routines that i must say lack any real thought put into the fight routines. I know this critique seems harsh and i apologize for having to be kinda "Simon Cowl'ish" about it.
on the positive note i can definately dig the concept and why this show is out there. generally speaking it is a creative idea and it brings somewhat the martial arts to women who would be discouraged at trying kung fu. karate etc out and excelling at it.
To the general audience who doesnt have a grasp of what kung fu really is or what it really looks like,or any martial art for that matter, this can be an enjoyable and entertaining show. For the rest of us it has a mediocre flavour.

what i noticed about the routines that i could offer based on my experience is that the femmes need to focus on your flexability and your flow of movement. Choreography can be tough at times when you dont have the right people teaching you how to actually choreograph a routine. im sure that the guys you have working with you are decent guys, but i see some very 3rd grade level choreography here. Hey its my opinion and take it as constructive rather than destructive.
You have a community of people here who are either very serious about their martial training, you have weekend warriors who do this at a superficial level, and you have others who just like to watch kung fu movies all the time.
take it all with a grain of salt and draw what you can from all of our inputs and allow it to strengthen and maybe even improve upon your overall routines.
My personal preferences as to what i like to see in performances is the seriousness and intent above all CONTENT of what i am watching. i see Intent, but not the other two.

Peace and good luck in the show,,TWS

chinadoll
01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the new posts. Willow Sword, thanks for commenting. All good suggestions there. A lot of posts over the weekend.

ShaolinSky, thank you for your enthusiasm for KFF. It's shocking that I may agree with Firepalm on one thing, I'm actually starting to think you may be a friend of KFF. Anyway, stranger or not, you still rock. Your words were super encouraging. But I know for sure you're not a KFF, because I have not told any of the girls about the backbiting that has been going on in the forum. I have taken it upon myself to help the troupe keep up with positive feelings and thoughts. We have something special within our troupe, and I'm not about to rain on our parade. So Firepalm, you can keep wishing that another KFF would take the time out of her day, to talk to you. Ha Ha!

Xia, I don't really think you've been blasting anyone. Just the fact that you were "teaming up with Firepalm" puts you in that category. And the stuff you said about wanting to save the martial arts world or whatever seemed kinda silly to me. But whatever floats your boat dude. Good luck with your practices.

Firepalm, what can I say, there is one good thing you've done for me, make my last two weeks on this thread a little more exciting. But my days of being an argumentative person are over (for now). You are welcome to have your own thoughts and opinions. I know you think I'm judging you, but actually, all I've received of you is an "impression." I can honestly tell you my "impression" of you is not good at all. But who cares right? Just remember, next time you're in class (If you're still training in martial arts), the next time you get a kick in the groin, just think to yourself "Chinadoll sent that to me." (A smile crosses her face).

Thanks to everyone for commenting. I've absorbed a lot by being in this forum. Good and bad things were said, but overall, my reasons for getting into this thread were accomplished. I just got back from KFF rehearsal, and I'm once again jazzed and pumped about it. I love it! So good luck to everyone on their practices. Train hard, don't give up.

Love,
Chinadoll (The Sassy Asian girl)

The Willow Sword
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Great Attitude China Doll. :)

Peace,TWS

firepalm
01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Firepalm wipes his hands with a look of self contentment and utters to himself, "Well I'm glad that... that's all done!" Completely oblvious to the mass of 'female companion starved KF forum members' with riving contempt growing as they encircle him!

Hahahaha
Good luck Chinadoll seeyah. Oh & good bye to you too Shaolinsky, you little Sybil you! ;)

shaolinsky
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
To Firepalm:

You are still wrong HAHAHAA!!

Stop faking the martial arts knowledge, and learn something real. Then you may have something to share with us. Everything I posted about Kung Fu and Wu Shu is correct, the racism was coming from your end what with the "Chinese Martial Arts" offense and all. Please don't blaspheme other Chinese martial artists as it makes us look bad. Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant, and you need to study the history of the arts more, wikipedia and watching movies doesn't cut it.

And about all the "Friend of Kung Fu Femme's" stuff - I guess I could count as their friend if I knew any of them. I took up the burden of defending them when I saw the attacks coming at them. Thats all.

As for number of posts - I only joined a week ago. Most of what I do on here is read, but I'm sure I will find something good to comment on in the near future. I don't have much time online, so this thread has been taking up all my time :)

Chinadoll:

Sorry to see you go - but it's a good move on your part. Pests like the guy above put an end to the good conversation anyways. But you still came out on top in my opinion. If at all possible - I will deliver the groin shot for you :) HAHAA

shaolinsky
01-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Does that include a helmet? Cause I got my finger on the trigger & your mug in my crosshairs!

Just joking! Good luck :eek:

Such a child...

firepalm
01-30-2007, 02:52 AM
Shaolinsky said,

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant

Oh well it's a good thing we have someone so learned as yourself to set myself, & possibly other misguided ones, here straight on things. So let's summarize what I have learned from you;

Never use the phrase Kung Fu unless you put the term Zhong Gou (Chinese) in front otherwise persons, in discussion about martial arts, won't recognize that you might be using it as a common colloquial phrase referring to Chinese Martial Arts. Check, thank you for pointing this out.

Kung Fu translation = KUNG or GONG = Work or Skill
FU = Skill level or Effort (per your previous post) no deviation & loose translations are not acceptable! It is not 'skill from effort' or 'to be a skilled person' or something to that effect as I mistakenly mentioned earlier. Check, thank you for pointing this out.

Wushu = Dancing Arts hmmmm..... well I know that a lot of the CMA community (particularly much of the traditional community) out there when thinking of the Modern Wushu would say Dancing. And that is something discussed at length here on this forum before but as for the actual translation of the words Wushu themselves well I think a heck of a lot of people in Mainland China would argue that point with you.

Now a question for someone so learned as yourself being as your uncle is from Taiwan and taught the army and all. Was he in there prior to or after Tae Kwon Do being adopted into the military? Because if in fact he was with the army prior to the TKD days then he probably would have been from the old school generation you know Kou Min Tang and all, he definitely would be more apt to use the phrase Chung Kou Kou Shu (Chinese National / Martial Arts) or Zhong Gou Goushu as you showed preference for (odd being Taiwanese and prefering Pinyin usage). Would he not? I mean you never brought up and all? Maybe your uncle was from that Tae Kwon Do military generation so your never got all the various phrases quite clear?

You know still trying to figure out how you can infer that I am racist when the only one making statements remotely racist is;
Shaolinsky said,

Those forums are seriously for Asian highschoolers that spend their life on the computer all day. Can you really take them seriously?
Sounds like some ethnic stereotyping to me young lady!

So Shaolinsky / Sybil when you have more of your profound knowledge to share be sure and let me know I am waiting on pins & needles. Until then go on get your dress back on and get back to your rehearsals! :D

PS - Shaolinsky / Sybil I liked your quote (up top) so much I had to add it to my signature. A gem really!!!

The Willow Sword
01-30-2007, 08:03 AM
The Femmes need to do some Bikram yoga and get more flexable so that those kicks look a bit better in their routines.:)

Peace,TWS

GeneChing
01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
If chinadoll left just because of firepalm's flaming (which was actually fairly civil in comparison to many others) she didn't have any forum fu. Looks like Kung Fu Femmes can't hang with a forum. That's disappointing. I was really hoping a Kung Fu Femme could hang here. I'd have offered them a shot at being showcased in our Make an Impression (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=673419&postcount=3) campaign. chinadoll was answering well, but never transcended this thread. Seems Kung Fu Femmes can only spam plugs for themselves. :rolleyes:

I'll merge all the Kung Fu Femmes the threads, just to keep things neat and tidy. If you're going to read ads, might as well get the whole story. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed by chinadoll's farewell, or the disturbing revelation that firepalm doesn't like girls. :p

tonylaudati
01-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Gene and Forum,

I think Chinadoll signed off because she probably thought we were taking up to much time on this forum. We're happy to keep going if you'd like us to.

I just want to put it out to the forum that we do very much appreciate the constructive criticisms and suggestions that are offered.

Having run KFF for two and a half years, I gotta tell ya it's a lot harder than it looks.

Comparing us to KA and big budget actions films is like comparing a hot dog stand to a French cuisine restaurant, and I say that with relish (pardon the pun).

Yes, we've done a lot of stick work because the stick props are safer than using swords. I make them myself starting with plastic nylon rod or PVC pipe, 1/4" foam rubber, and a vinyl sheath.

Hey, maybe we should start a thread about making rubber weapons.

We are trying to move away from sticks now because it has become redundant. The problem is, it's hard to find seasoned swordswomen and we don't have the time to train them.

The biggest challenge is finding female performers who are skilled, stunning, dynamic, reliable and oh, yeah -- affordable.

You would think that there is an abundance of such ladies here in Los Angeles, but that's far from the case.

Most models are afraid they'll get their noses broken if they do our show.

We've auditioned women martial artists who either aren't pretty or refuse to wear anything but a ghi at our shows.

Also, we've had a couple of female black belts who weren't good performers and looked very mechanical onstage.

On the other hand, we've had women dancers with little or no martial arts experience who turned out to be terrific performers.

In addition, we get women who spend a couple of weeks with us and then drop out, forcing us to start all over again with new ladies. Lord knows we've had our share of flakes, slackers and divas.

I say sincerely that Chinadoll is one the finest performers we've ever had in KUNG FU FEMMES. She is beautiful, athletic, superbly skilled and a joy to work with.

Chinadoll's spirit and enthusiasm have been a lift to me many times when I felt like throwing in the towel. She is a gift to any director lucky to cast her.

What we're struggling to do now is get KFF up to the next level and quality that your members have urged us to achieve.

The difficult thing is I'm am not independently wealthy. Everything costs money and quality usually demands it.

I normally work two jobs, sometimes three, just to keep up with the costs of KFF (rehearsal space, costumes, press kits, postage, DVDs, Internet, bottled water, snacks, etc.).

During the week I make do with 3-5 hours of sleep.

Let me say though, it is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE when you're sitting in front of a stage at a club or convention and you watch the girls on.

The charge you get from seeing them out there, and knowing you had something to do with it, man, it's better than sex.

GeneChing
01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Such is the nature of forums, especially a martial forum. We're all here. Some of us train too. A few of us are quite good. It's a nooB move to run away and say "farewell" (it's a troll move to say "I'm gonna leave" and stay - if chinadoll is pulling that one, kudos to her). Frankly, sign offs are for losers, and that's the reality of netiquette, plain and simple.

If you want to play, you got to give a little more. You've got to earn respect. The only way you're going to do that is to keep on going. Honestly, it's the only real measure we have here in the blogosphere - persistence. The real world is another matter. A lot of people promote themselves here. The whole forum is really a promotion for MartialArtsMart.com (http://www.MartialArtsMart.com) and Kung Fu Tai Chi (http://www.martialartsmart.net/19341.html). But you'll see me here making plenty of comments on other subjects than things I'm trying to sell, like this thread. That's how I earn a readership. If I just posted ads all the time, it would detract from my validity as a member, even given the fact that I'm an Administrator here.

That being said, I think there is a past thread on making rubber weapons. Extra points if you can find it in the archive. Meanwhile, if you could elaborate on your "better than sex" comment, tonylaudati, I'm sure firepalm would be very interested. :cool:

shaolinsky
01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
PS - Shaolinsky / Sybil I liked your quote (up top) so much I had to add it to my signature. A gem really!!!

Ok, that made me laugh.

tonylaudati
05-24-2007, 04:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGH-2J1Dus

tonylaudati
06-17-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skt6ugMPHPE

Better Quality on MetaCafe.com:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/664960/kung_fu_femmes_5_rehearsal_montage/

Shaolinlueb
06-17-2007, 09:00 PM
nice man. looks like the ladies are coming together.

HOKPAIWES
06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Now thats my kind of training right there bro!;)

A pity PHP is no good for hollywood, none of my classmates look good in pink shorts with a green sock tied around their chest. :mad:

Shaolinlueb
06-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Now thats my kind of training right there bro!;)

A pity PHP is no good for hollywood, none of my classmates look good in pink shorts with a green sock tied around their chest. :mad:

yeah im sure neither of us look good in pink shorts with green socks tied around our chest.

if gene is reading this, it will bring back bad memories to the sports bra picture.

tonylaudati
09-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Please watch the highlights of our show at the 2007 Anime Vegas Convention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCY7A2f7MOM

KUNG FU FEMMES - Go for the kill!

Regards,

Tony Laudati
Producer/Director
KUNG FU FEMMES

NJM
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
WTF, dude.

Could you please give some more information before I get too curious and recklessly click your link?

MasterKiller
09-12-2007, 06:08 AM
The guy they beat up is better than them. :rolleyes:

The Willow Sword
09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Here we go again. Coming to a high school or city sponsored event hall near YOU. ex strippers and retired( or fired from gyms cardio kick box instructors) performing in front of geeky animae guys who will drool and fanatsize about them for generations to come:rolleyes:

STILL looking for sponsorship i see.;) I highly reccomend you go talk to Billy Blanks and get some top notch marketing ideas from HIM;). Brotha cashed IN on the world of women wanting to get in shape.:D:cool:

Peas, TWS

ingchao
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
How did you find women with no rhythm?

c'mon, man just a little more practice please!

NJM
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Why did you pick such a despicable venue?

doug maverick
09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
i've done live martial arts shows and i've seen the results when you use poor martial rtist you can't beat the real thing when it comes to doing these kinds of shows, sorry man. but start from scratch get reall martial artist with at least 4-5 years EXP. if you pm i can give you a list of people who are a plus martial arts performers. cause you can;t just be a martial artist you gotta be a performer as well you gotta know how to sell hits and give them in a correct way that makes the audience feel the action. again sorry no dice your sh!t sucked

firepalm
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
How did you find women with no rhythm?

c'mon, man just a little more practice please!

Bahahaha lmao

Tony Tony Tony........

Look & learn.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvsGmLgZSsg (the girl here that opens has skill your girls do not)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FldiRdC3w (now the performers are only doing background for HK popstar Nick Tse but these folks got skill!)

http://www.impact2007.ca (check out the video on the opening front page)

Judging from the previous posts on this thread, the consensus is your girls got no 'Kung Fu'!

ingchao
09-15-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvsGmLgZSsg (the girl here that opens has skill your girls do not)

That's what I'd Pay money to see.:D

Mr. Lau: That's what a woman w/skill should perform like.

tonylaudati
09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Tell you what, why don't you continue to spend time with your laptop writing destructive comments, and I'll continue to spend time with my troupe producing original, dynamic and provocative entertainment. Deal?

i've done live martial arts shows and i've seen the results when you use poor martial rtist you can't beat the real thing when it comes to doing these kinds of shows, sorry man. but start from scratch get reall martial artist with at least 4-5 years EXP. if you pm i can give you a list of people who are a plus martial arts performers. cause you can;t just be a martial artist you gotta be a performer as well you gotta know how to sell hits and give them in a correct way that makes the audience feel the action. again sorry no dice your sh!t sucked

NJM
09-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Tell you what, why don't you continue to spend time with your laptop writing destructive comments, and I'll continue to spend time with my troupe producing original, dynamic and provocative entertainment. Deal?

Why did you perform at a weaboo convention?

The Willow Sword
09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow, that's brilliant, Doug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Here is what he REALLY Meant to write:

(((Gee Doug, i really dont care about ANYONE'S Input.

Tell You what,Why dont you continue to waste your time writing what i already know about this sorry excuse for a martial arts demo and i will continue to have orgies with these women because LIKE BILLY BLANKS, i am CASHIN IN on da PuSHEYYYY!!! My Johnson is so sore i dont know how i keep up with it all. ))))

doug maverick
09-16-2007, 06:23 AM

i tried to offer you some help with your crappy show, and ****ty as non martial artist that you got up there. and you try and single me out. you must be out side your mother f ucking mind. what did you expect when you came on here and show your piece of sh it show that we would say it was good. for your little sh!tty info i've done staged kung fu plays that have been praised by commoner and kung fu master alike, so watch who you single out. you better believe it, cause you seriously have no idea who your talking to. watch your step. and stop bring crap on this board

ingchao
09-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Mr. Lau,

I think I've seen you in some of those clips you posted. If that is you, your technique is very good.
Why don't you expect that level from the other people in the show?
Or even help them develop their technique?

Plus, every time you post here, you get a negative response. Do you like the punishment or is it just free publicity?

firepalm
09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
That's Tony defending not only the honor of his female performers but bad choreography & poor talent...

Anytime now Chinadoll aka Shaolinsky will appear on the board and reprimand everyone here for not Sugar Candy Coating our responses and instructing us in how to behave like real Martial Artists with some true love & peace code of the Philosophical Warrior crap......

Ahhh... another 'Kung Fu (?)' Femme thread...............:cool:

tonylaudati
09-18-2007, 12:11 AM
KUNG FU FEMMES would like to officially congratulate its performers -- ELLE BENNETT, YUMI OH and LON MICHAEL LEE -- on being accepted into Jackie Chan's "Kung Fu Star" TV show competition.

They are three of thirty-six contestants who were chosen over 100,000 applicants here in the United States.

Elle, Yumi and Lon have been flown to China. They are currently in Shaolin training for this world-renowned competition. How cool is that?

Good luck, you guys! We miss you!

Shaolinlueb
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
dude, nice! good luck to them.

The Willow Sword
09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
KUNG FU FEMMES would like to officially congratulate its "performers":rolleyes: -- ELLE BENNETT, YUMI OH and LON MICHAEL LEE -- on being accepted into Jackie Chan's "Kung Fu escort service" TV show competition.
Elle, Yumi and Lon have been flown to a brothel in China. How cool is THAT?:D

Time to Merge this thread with the other one. TWS

Su Lin
09-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I wonder if this is why so many women start training at my club then within a short time they quit as it appears too hard and not flashy enough.
As a woman training hard in kung fu without all the flashy stuff and trying to take it seriously and show other women it can be done, "performances" don't help the cause. If they want something flashy or aerobic I tell them to go and do Body Combat instead.

I am not by any means saying that the kung fu femmes dont train hard or aren't athletic,they just don't really help things.

tonylaudati
09-21-2007, 09:14 PM
For the past three years, KUNG FU FEMMES has given female martial arts performers a chance to display their talents in an otherwise male-dominated field that offers few opportunities for women.

Again, they are performers. Just as actors in cop shows don't fire real bullets, we instruct our players not to throw real punches or kicks.

KUNG FU FEMMES is for women who wish to perform, not compete.

doug maverick
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM
no excuse for bad choreagraphy my man no excuse

firepalm
09-22-2007, 12:08 AM
no excuse for bad choreagraphy my man no excuse

I second that emotion!:eek:

tonylaudati
09-22-2007, 03:01 AM
I am glad you're both sticking to doing what you do best.

doug maverick
09-22-2007, 07:46 AM
and what is it that i do best? dude i offered to send you a list of grade A martial arts performers and you attacked me. now the gloves are off, go learn how to choreagraph fights and shut the hell up.

GeneChing
09-24-2007, 03:05 PM
There's Jackie Chan's Disciples (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45829)and there's K-Star (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39272). K-Star is the one working with Shaolin Temple for a segment of the competition. Are you saying that they are one and the same now?

doug maverick
09-24-2007, 05:27 PM
he's confused too.

GeneChing
11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Chicks with Sticks becomes Kung Fu Femmes and then gets ripped off by some UK crew?

Check it: Babes with Blades (http://www.babeswithblades.co.uk/).

Obviously I chose my martial path unwisely...:o

tonylaudati
02-23-2012, 02:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=411OLqyRdQk

doug maverick
02-23-2012, 03:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=411OLqyRdQk

this should be in the pop.cult. thread.

tonylaudati
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Chicks with Sticks becomes Kung Fu Femmes and then gets ripped off by some UK crew?

Check it: Babes with Blades (http://www.babeswithblades.co.uk/).

Obviously I chose my martial path unwisely...:o

We're still KUNG FU FEMMES, and we are sticking kicking!

enoajnin
07-24-2013, 03:30 PM
you post it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP-JJpdCIAEoD08.jpg:large

BigChris
09-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Always liked this show, fun to watch!