PDA

View Full Version : I saw a man get his throat slit this past weekend

SevenStar
01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I was at work, and like any typical saturday, I stood in the aisle looking all intimidating and awesome, like I normally do. Around 2am I was handling an issue at the far side of the floor, near the bar, then cleared the aisle out, as there were at least 100 people in it... so many that I couldn't see what was going on on the other side of them. Once I got the aisle clear, a woman standing next to me says "they need you by the middle bar (we have three of them on that floor) quick"

I run and push through the crowd in time to see a fight coming to an end and a guy laying out on the floor with a 3.5 or so inch gash in his throat. He was losing blood pretty rapidly, but I could see that the flesh underneath his skin wasn't cut. We kept the crowd away from him and made space for the cops and paramedics to get to him. The guy is gonna live, and we caught the idiot that cut him.

Knifefighter
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately, that is the reality of the blade on the street.

It's not the "I broke his arm before he could touch me" BS that so many people's fantasies perpetuate.

The fact is, a person who gets attacked with a knife will never even know there was a blade involved until they have been stabbed.

SevenStar
01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
true. I know several people who have told me they didn't even realize they were being cut until it was too late.

Su Lin
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I have heard that too, it's really tricky to tell someone has a knife until it is pulled.We do knife defence in class but I'm not sure it would actually be much use if trying to de-knife an attacker.:(

Yao Sing
01-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Doesn't help much if the attacker knows what he's doing, whether it's formal training or street training.

Another thing my brother-in-law told me about getting knifed (he lost a lung) is the sharper the knife the less you feel it. He was stabbed a bunch of times before he realized what happened.

Anyhow, that's still no reason to stop training the defenses. You might get lucky and get attacked by a clueless knifefighter.

The whole idea is to increase your odds and giving up ahead of time just doesn't cut it.

AndrewS
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Something I used to do when I wound up in scuffles- after things had settled down and I got to somewhere safe, I'd take my shirt off and check in a mirror for wounds, or have a buddy look me over, then go hit the bathroom and drop trou and check my legs. Never found anything, but a useful bit of paranoia. One of my bros got in a situation in Amsterdam a few years ago with some folks, and did well for himself. He was walking home and after about a mile felt that his leg was cold, then he noticed it was wet. He got a nasty cut (2 weeks in the hospital) while he was kneeing a guy in the head (he thinks- makes the most sense going over events). Never even saw the knife.

Andrew

Ray Pina
01-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Crazy!

Question: when did we get a hot female kung fu poster?

yenhoi
01-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Ray, 7* is not a female.

g

:eek:

CLFLPstudent
01-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Disclaimer:

Even though KF seems to butt heads a lot around here I think he knows a lot about what he is saying and brings up many good points.

That said, Yao, I think you just wrote your new sig!

You might get lucky and get attacked by a clueless knifefighter.

-David

Su Lin
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Crazy!

:eek: :p

(In case you refer to me been here a little while but not posted for a while.And if you weren't referring to me apologies for my big headedness.):o

BruceSteveRoy
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
:eek: :p

(In case you refer to me been here a little while but not posted for a while.And if you weren't referring to me apologies for my big headedness.):o

somebody is full of herself *points at su lin*

haha just kidding. :p

Su Lin
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
See, I told you I apologised
*runs off and hides in the corner*
:o

Ray Pina
01-12-2007, 08:36 AM
No, I was referring to you:)

They don't grow them like that around here... one of the reasons I'm packing my stuff and bouncing.

Eddie
01-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Crazy!

did you check out yao sing's website? Did you see his daughter?! :D :cool:

no offence mr yao sing sir. If you did takr offence to this, I'll delete it.;)

Shaolinlueb
01-12-2007, 10:38 AM
yeah i heard the same. don see the knife and dont know you are getting stabbed. its the reality of it.

well im glad the guy is gonna live and you caught the guy. he is going to get a nice attempted murder charge.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
i got to the point where sevenstart was describing how intimidating and awesome he looks and i just kept reading that over and over again.

PangQuan
01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, that is the reality of the blade on the street.

It's not the "I broke his arm before he could touch me" BS that so many people's fantasies perpetuate.

The fact is, a person who gets attacked with a knife will never even know there was a blade involved until they have been stabbed.

this is exactly why i carry a knife about 95% of the time.

on 3 seperate occasions, the mere visual of me holding a knife proved intimidating enough to warrent appologies from the aggressors. ( of course i was lucky enough that the jerks either a) didnt have a weapon, or b) didnt want to see if they had better weapon skills.)

i have only had to actually cut somone once. and all i actualy did was stab thier leading hand....end of story.

usually the sight of ones own blood or the realization they may be possibly facing a life ending situation, makes them decide they dont really want to hurt you all that bad.

even a cornered mangy dog has teeth...mine just come in the form of sharp steel.

Chief Fox
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM

Su Lin has been around for a while. In fact, she used to stalk me but then things got weird. Now we just pretend not to notice each other. :D

Su Lin
01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
B..b...b....but I thought you liked me stalking you.:(

I think I even had a stalker once too.:p

Chief Fox
01-12-2007, 01:41 PM
this is exactly why i carry a knife about 95% of the time.

on 3 seperate occasions, the mere visual of me holding a knife proved intimidating enough to warrent appologies from the aggressors. ( of course i was lucky enough that the jerks either a) didnt have a weapon, or b) didnt want to see if they had better weapon skills.)

i have only had to actually cut somone once. and all i actualy did was stab thier leading hand....end of story.

usually the sight of ones own blood or the realization they may be possibly facing a life ending situation, makes them decide they dont really want to hurt you all that bad.

even a cornered mangy dog has teeth...mine just come in the form of sharp steel.

PQ, what kind of knife do you carry?

fa_jing
01-12-2007, 09:38 PM
I once saw a man with his throat slit dead in the street. He was a scumball drug dealer killed and left out in a public way by other scumball drug dealers for trying to sell to "their" clients. This was in Colombia in an area frequented by backpackers. Nasty sight

JetLi'sFearless
01-22-2007, 04:40 PM
I have heard that too, it's really tricky to tell someone has a knife until it is pulled.We do knife defence in class but I'm not sure it would actually be much use if trying to de-knife an attacker.:(

Actually its not that easy to cut someone with a knife. i tried going for a pedophiles balls/***** once and he blocked it, than he kept movuing back and blocked another one I think or his jeans were too baggy, anyway I ended up ahving to fake high and low and it took awhile ebfore I could slash him once in the gut, if he actually fought back or something it would have been even harder. What sucks is I only slashed him once and didnt accomplish what I wanted to and that was to castrate him or get his *****, all I did was put a tiny hle in his gut that now hes probably healed from. He kept beggina nd saying it wasnt him or something so I kinda became soft.

CaptinPickAxe
01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I've never stabbed anyone, but I've never brandished a knife to make a point either. I know that the only reason you take the blade out is if your life is in danger and YOU ARE going to use it. Knives are a touch and damage weapon and are used steathly, that's why it was the choice of the assassin.

What did the shanker get? I hope he gets a heafty jail sentance with Bubba the cornholer for thinking he's Johnny-Hard-Ass. Do you know why the man was cut?

CaptinPickAxe
01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Actually its not that easy to cut someone with a knife. i tried going for a pedophiles balls/***** once and he blocked it, than he kept movuing back and blocked another one I think or his jeans were too baggy, anyway I ended up ahving to fake high and low and it took awhile ebfore I could slash him once in the gut, if he actually fought back or something it would have been even harder. What sucks is I only slashed him once and didnt accomplish what I wanted to and that was to castrate him or get his *****, all I did was put a tiny hle in his gut that now hes probably healed from. He kept beggina nd saying it wasnt him or something so I kinda became soft.

Uhh...actually it is very easy to cut someone with a properly sharpend blade. Problem is you were too busy trying to shank a pederast in the nuts with your swiss army knife to think about cuting in AND out. Watch Fearless a few more times then maybe next time you'll be able to Chi blast him instead of trying to poke his nuts with a knife, tool.

Ming Yue
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
I believe that witnessing a throat slitting is about +3 to street cred.

Fuzzly
01-22-2007, 10:27 PM
At 15 street cred you get to do the Chi Blast. Unfortunately this drops your street cred down to -5.

JetLi'sFearless
01-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Uhh...actually it is very easy to cut someone with a properly sharpend blade. Problem is you were too busy trying to shank a pederast in the nuts with your swiss army knife to think about cuting in AND out. Watch Fearless a few more times then maybe next time you'll be able to Chi blast him instead of trying to poke his nuts with a knife, tool.

yea I admit my blade was small and crappy and not too well sharpened but still he put his hand in the way almsot every time, and no I didnt sneak it out he saw it before I went at him with it, but still nto as easy as I thought it would be as people have a natural reaction or reflexes that arent as bad as I previously thought. For instance I also had an isntance where a guy with hsi hands down to his pants blocked a hook shot from me I threw out of nowhere (sucker punch). ALso its pretty much impossible tos neak it out and use it without them knowing it unless their back is turned or something cause theyll see you reaching into your pocket or pants for it.

Samurai Jack
01-23-2007, 12:34 AM
If your happeh and you know it clap your hands!

FuXnDajenariht
01-23-2007, 12:49 AM
so did you lose track of that ban button Gene?

CaptinPickAxe
01-23-2007, 02:27 AM
So...did I miss something?

If used like I would use it, it would be in a skirmish were I feel my life is threatened. When you are in the heat of a scuffle it wouldn't be too hard to discharge a blade undetected. Hell, several of my friends have been stabbed this way. Didn't even know it happend until it was over in their case (must of been on the Swiss Army tip like you :rolleyes: ), but it goes to fact that when rolling around you can pull and cut someone.

I'm not the type to flaunt a blade to inspire fear or remorse, or to hurt someone. I carry a blade to protect my life or cut some **** up (boxes and the sort). When and If the time comes for me to pull my blade, then I'll be sure and use it when the time is just right. Meaning, when I feel it has escalated to a life or death situation.

CaptinPickAxe
01-23-2007, 02:33 AM
I believe that witnessing a throat slitting is about +3 to street cred.

Ming Yue has taken the correct, slit it's throat, and bought it's girlfriend drinks.

Where as, if he would been the throat slit-er he would of gained +30 to his rep and become a Ruffneck lvl.15. Then...and only then...could he wield two AKs simulatneously.