PDA

View Full Version : the reality of violence

SevenStar
01-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I guess this was a bad weekend for a lot of people. A long time friend of mine was robbed and beaten this weekend - the her cousin's boyfriend. She blogged about it on myspace:

This past saturday this event happened that has changed my life forever. Most times when someone I love needs me I am there for them no questions asked. Well after what happened to me on that night I have to now ask questions before I help someone. I usually run to the rescue of love ones but no longer will I jepardize my life because on that day my life could have ended. OK I'll get to the point.....

About 10:30pm my most favorite cousin in the world called me and stated the words " K, I need you." I left my home and went accross town to her house in the not so best of neiborhoods. OK it was in the hood. I go to her house all the time but I always thought that nothing would ever happen to me there. I mean I always felt safe there.While in route to her home we talked on the phone, she only wanted to talk because she was upset with her baby daddy that she is currently pregnant by. She also wanted me to take her to pick up her car because he took it and he may leave it on the street. We talked about other things and in mid conversation I had another call come in so I told her that I would see her when I got there. About 5 minutes passed and I was at her house and noticed that her car was home, but I didn't think anything of it.....

My most favorite cousin in the world was pregnant and got hit by her the one that claimed that he loved her then he saw me. I yelled for him to stopped, he did, but he came after me....
I was struck in the chest and he grabbed my throat and he he me in my eye twice I think. There are only a few things that I remember after that point:
I saw a knife... and damit I used it but it didn't work, he kept comming at me and he said that since i stabbed him he was going to kill me. then I went into survival mode.
We fought and what actually happened during it I can't remember. I ended when her oldest son hit him in the head with a lead pipe.
I remember him falling down towards me and then snaching my purse from off my arm and ran off with it and how I still have my purse I don't know.
I remember the most was his eyes....
thats because I see them in my sleep.
This guy that I've known for years that I kicked it with, drank with, ate with, partied with that I thought would never do anything to me did. He was like family.
It was like he didn't even know me... he didn't look human. he looked like a wild animal ( it's amazing what drugs can do). My cousin later told me that he ended up with 4 stab wounds, a knot on his head, a fractured shoulder, and he is in jail, however, that did not help me feel better.
Well to make a long story short I lost:
my cell phone
my money
debit/credit cards
pay check( not endorced- that's being worked out right now)
this is just stuff that can be replaced but I still have my life... black eye, scratches, bruses, nightmares and all.

SevenStar
01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I talked to her today and she told me that she has a black eye and several bruises as a rememberance of it.

Blacktiger
01-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Thats no fun at all

Mas Judt
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Thank god she had the courage to face up to him (must run your family).

True violence is a horrifying thing. There's a reason chan buddhism was so popular among fighters - a little detachment goes a long way both in the fight and afterwards.

Give her my best.

Water Dragon
01-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Keep your guard up, Bro. You know this isn't over yet.

Shaolin Wookie
01-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Keep your guard up, Bro. You know this isn't over yet.

Very, Very, Very sadly true...

WushuJames
01-23-2007, 05:10 AM
"We fought and what actually happened during it I can't remember. I ended when her oldest son hit him in the head with a lead pipe."

What worries me is that the little kids have seen this they really need a role model and it seems there dad doesn't sound like he'll win too many awards for that:( . I think that they need to be talked to about how there old man is going to jail, that'd knock me alot on top of everything else! :eek: If these kids dont understand that this is the way that men are meant to act then their is a possibility that they will end up a loser like there old man.

Sorry to hear about you too, but I'd just like you to consider that if you already hadn't, getting drugs these days are so easy you may as well put them in vending machines. Hope it all turns good though:)

Royal Dragon
01-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Wow, that was rough.

WD is right, this is not over yet. Train hard, it's not play right now.

SevenStar
01-23-2007, 09:28 AM
This didn't happen to me, guys. I quoted my friend's account of it. It happened to her and her cousin, not me. The guy went to jail, then had the nerve to call his girlfriend and ask her to bail him out. She said no. By now, I'm sure he's out though.

Royal Dragon
01-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Opps, somehow in the drama I missed the part where you stated it was on her myspace blog.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-23-2007, 10:45 AM
you should quote it or something ... i caught that it happened to your cousin, but i still thought you were goin into personal story mode. like it happened to you and your cousing. i wondered why you were carying a purse.

Royal Dragon
01-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe there is some sort of hood slang for a fanny pack, or a wallet or something.

PangQuan
01-23-2007, 11:08 AM
. i wondered why you were carying a purse.

haha me too.

seriously though, that this happened to a woman and not a large trained martial artist....so much worse...

Royal Dragon
01-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I ws a bit thrown, because I have met 7*, he's a big guy, with good mechaincs. He's a bouncer, in a club too, so when I read this, I thought the guy he was up against was a real monster.

SevenStar
01-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe there is some sort of hood slang for a fanny pack, or a wallet or something.

ROFL "get ya punk ass kicked" is the only slang you will hear for ANYONE seen in the hood with a fanny pack...

Royal Dragon
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
LOL!! I will retreat back to the safety of white suburbia now!! :p

lunghushan
01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
And it's not even a recession right now ... wait until the recession starts.

But seriously it seems like crime is up right now in states without 3 strikes laws. It seems like criminals are moving away from states with 3 strikes laws into other areas.

golden arhat
01-24-2007, 02:54 AM
And it's not even a recession right now ... wait until the recession starts.

But seriously it seems like crime is up right now in states without 3 strikes laws. It seems like criminals are moving away from states with 3 strikes laws into other areas.

the real crime is that anyone rich enuf that has committed 3 offenses
has NEVER gone to jail

however i do sympathise with u 7*

TenTigers
01-24-2007, 09:51 AM
nope-the REAL crime is that "My Baby's daddy" is a common phrase, and no one thinks anything of it.

mantisdisciple4
01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Man.... that is truly rough.

It's a good thing this guy is in jail. It could have ended up much worse. Make sure to tell your friend to take measures to keep herself safe. Was the gentlemen the only violent one, or is his family also violent? If I were her, I would keep tabs on when this guy may or may not get out of jail. I know he's not happy about being there, and chances are, if he is the type to hols a grudge, he is going to be looking for her when he comes out. She may want to think about moving before then.

In my job, I see a lot of battered women, and it is not an uncommon occurence for locked up spouses to try to come after their former wives, girlfriend, etc. when they get out. She may also want to talk to a Social Worker to see what kind of steps she can take for safety purposes. Keep us posted.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-24-2007, 12:11 PM
i wish we could handle this type of filth in the same way we handle filth in our own homes. just keep pouring chemicals on it until it goes away.

might be good motivator.

golden arhat
01-24-2007, 01:59 PM
i wish we could handle this type of filth in the same way we handle filth in our own homes. just keep pouring chemicals on it until it goes away.

might be good motivator.

agent orange ?

woop der it is