PDA

View Full Version : Question for Coach Ross or other San Da Experts

Iron_Eagle_76
01-12-2007, 07:27 AM
How are the divisions divided up in San Shou/San Da competions? I was looking at the Arnold Classic division and it is split up in A, B, and C class, A being semi-pro and B being intermediate. I have 3+ years experience in martial arts but I do not feel I am semi-pro as the A division equates. I have also never competed in San Shou before. Would I be able to compete in B division or does my having over three years training disqualify me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Eddie
01-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I can only wish to be coach Ross or a san shou expert, but I have been involved with a bit of san shou :cool: . IWuF events usualyl only have one catagory (apart form weight).
Weights starts at (weight up to) 48kg, 52kg,56kg,60kg,65kg,70kg,75kg,80kg,85kg,90kg, and over 90.

I think you can probably use your actual san shou fighting experience as a guide, and not worry to much about training experience. But then again, maybe thats not what the organisers want.

lkfmdc
01-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm not really anyone special, I've just been around long enough to have suffered under both the Chinese and American regimes :D

I can't comment on a ranking system another organization made up, I established with the USKBA an "A, B and C" system but the USKBA is NOT doing the Arnolds.

In the past, Scott Sheeley was technically the coordinator of San Da. I say that because the people running the whole Arnolds treated him, and me, and everyone else, like crap every year, did nothing to help us and frequently we had to pay to go inside and then were expected to work until the wee hours of the morning.

I have not gone to the Arnolds in two years because of the disrespect they have for the San Da people. Thus, I wouldn't recommend the event. I'd instead recommend the USKBA world tournament which will be held in wildwood NJ October 26-28. It will also have forms divisions, Muay Thai, submission grappling and amateur MMA competition. Information will be available at www.USKBA.com

Iron_Eagle_76
01-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info. I am debating about this competition now because I have had others tell me of experiences similiar to Ross. I guess I'll decide when the time comes.