PDA

View Full Version : Quiz: Which Martial Arts Movie Hero Are You?

Li Kao
01-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Take the quiz here: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=280883

I don't usually do these kinds of quizzes, but this one actually had me curious. Here are my results:

You scored as Master Mao Shan.

You are the Master Mao Shan(Ji Chun Hua) from Tsui Hark’s Vampire Hunters! You are the Sifu(Teacher) of the Taoist Mao Shan School of Magic. You and your students roam around the countryside searching out and destroying Chang Shia(Vampires). You and your students are also trained in Martial Arts, and you have named your four senior students Wind, Thunder, Lightning, and Rain. You are stern, but fair and very well respected. You care very much for people, and would gladly give up your life if it meant saving others.

Zenshiite
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm confused about the choices... like for a question like "people know your name and you are well respected" what if people don't know my name... which way do I go? Towards righteousness or "dirty *******?"

I gave it a guess... I got Mao Shan as well.

jethro
01-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Did you guys answer yes to the mystical powers and magical kicks question? I am Sanjuro so eat that! BTW, is Sanjuro a good movie?

Su Lin
01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Sanjuro is a GREAT movie Jethro- Toshiro Mifune is up there as potentially my favourite actor!:)

Su Lin
01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
I am Gordon Liu from Fists and Guts.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I LOVE Gordon Liu (even though he has appeared in some questionable films!):)

jethro
01-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Gordon is the SH!T but in this Video Asia ten pack called 'Shaw Legends' he has a really sick moment in a bathtub with a little kid. Sorry to point that out but it horrifies me still.

Su Lin
01-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Not seen that one (saw you mention it on the worst film thread) so I will stay well away from it .:(

Li Kao
01-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Did you guys answer yes to the mystical powers and magical kicks question? I am Sanjuro so eat that! BTW, is Sanjuro a good movie?

I answered no, but I'm glad someone else said yes, as I'm curious to see how many different profiles there are.

Regarding Sanjuro -- it was the sequel to Yojimbo and Mifune plays an unkempt ronin who finds himself roaming the land and getting into all sorts of trouble. Myself, I much preferred Yojimbo -- more action, swordfighting, and gore. Still, a very solid film. Mifune surely is the cinematic epitome of the fierce Japanese swordfighter (though he was born in China, of Japanese parents, and lived there until he was 19) and was always, always cool. What you would call a man's man. The only actor in this generation who I could make a comparison is perhaps Chow Yun Fat or maybe Ken Watanabe, though neither of them have that classic Mifune scowl that he perfected. He could literally chop you down with his eyes sometimes.

jethro
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I didn't click yes on he mystical kicks one, I just wondered if you did. I figured you put yes sonce you both became Vampire Hunters.

NJM
01-24-2007, 04:20 PM
...Dean Cambell?....