PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone here who *Can't* do this?

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHlB3xw4Lw&mode=related&search=

My best was just under 3 feet from the flame.

I'm at like 2 and a half feet right now...I am out of practice.

It is intresting to use different body mechanics to see what increases your distance, and what doesn't.

YouKnowWho
01-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Stand on top a 20 feet deep well and punch into that well. When the water from that well jump up and make your shoes wet then your Lin Kun Jing training is complete.

jigahus
01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I left my comment on it. Try it at least 6 inches away...not right on top of the freaking candle fire.

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 03:55 PM
6 Inches? Wuss! I can do it at 30 inches!!

IronWeasel
01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
What's the big deal? He tried to hit the candle and he missed...three times.

I could've hit it on the first try.

kwaichang
01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey RD, Not meaning to doubt but I would like to see a clip of you doing that at 30 inches 30 millimeters maybe but not 30 inches KC:)

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I'd have to find a way to film, and upload to youtube.

I just did a birthday candle at 33 inches, but I can't see to do a dinner candle past 27 inches..

Either way, I beat 2 feet...

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok, I just did the dinner candle at just over 30 inches, but it took me 4 tries.

SPJ
01-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Try to do it with only one finger.

:D

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
LOL!! One finger ehy? I an only do it wth a Shaolin Willow palm.

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Holy smokes, I can do the one finger at 20 inches!!

MonkeyKingUSA
01-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Though magicians do not usually reveal their tricks, I will explain this to you since I think this was meant to show some kind of awesome martial skill. :)
Watch his mouth when he strikes. He blew out the candle. :eek:
Though it is easy to do with a palm strike, it looks to me like he lined up slightly south of the direction of the candle and simply blew it out with his shout.
A "psychic" used to do this trick with the candle placed in an upside down aquarium. At least that looked impressive. :D

Royal Dragon
01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I can do it at 30 inches. That guy was right on top of the flame. He should have been able to do it that close, if I can do it from 30 inchs away.

Mr Punch
01-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Seems like a waste of time to me. I usually just blow them out.

rogue
01-15-2007, 05:44 AM
But can you do this. This guy has very strong chi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy6xzSwQH3w&mode=related&search=

BoulderDawg
01-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Why not just stand there dead still and do the entire thing with your Chi!:eek:

Or maybe the one inch punch from 10 feet away!

GeneChing
01-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Now there's a kung fu cage match* in the making....

*pun intended.

Sal Canzonieri
01-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Try this:

Take a long thin piece of sewing string,

tie the string to the dead center of the straw so that the straw is balanced horizontally

hang the string with straw from the ceiling so that it at the height
of your outstretch arm when it dangles
Make sure it can revolve freely if you blow on one end of the straw

Rub your palms together, then keeping your palms about 4-5 inches apart
circle them like you are holding a small ball, very slowly until it feels
like there is a magnetic attraction between the two palms (won't work if you do it
too fast or too slow)

Once you feel this,
Smoothly point your palm near one end of the dangling straw, without making wind!

the straw should move

BECAUSE chi is simply bio-magnetic static electricity.
Chi is a result of a process, like gravity is, not a thing itself (its not like water)

splinter
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Gravity is the result of a process? Wow. I've never heard that before. What process is that exactly? Can you elaborate?

Maybe quote a source?

Sal Canzonieri
01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Gravity is the result of a process? Wow. I've never heard that before. What process is that exactly? Can you elaborate?

Maybe quote a source?

Gravity is a force, not a "thing" that flows like water does.

It is the result of the process of the planets and stars revolving and orbiting
and having mass, with a semi-fluid core, etc, etc.

We are held down by the force of gravity, which is the RESULT of the earth turning, orbiting the sun, being effected by other planets, etc.

Many physicists are firmly convinced that gravity is a cousin to the other forces in Nature that we know about including electromagnetism.

"Perhaps the most unusual thing about gravity we know about is that, unlike the other forces of nature, gravity is intimately related to space and time. In fact, space and time are viewed by physicists, and the mathematics of relativity theory, as qualities of the gravitational field of the cosmos that have no independent existence. Gravity does not exist like the frosting on a cake, embedded in some larger arena of space and time. Instead, the 'frosting' is everything, and matter is embedded and intimately and indivisibly connected to it. If you could turn off gravity, it is mathematically predicted that space and time would also vanish"

Gravity is thus the RESULT of what's going on in the universe.

So, too "chi or Qi" , it is the result of what's going on.

The process of the universe going about's business creates gravity-waves, gravity cannot exist independent of this process, it is created by the process.

Chi is very similar to gravity and electro magnetism, it is a weak force that is produced by internal processes in the body. Commands/thought/Intention from the brain cause Muscles to contract, blood vessels contract, cells rub against each other and, because their atoms are electrically charged particles, they create this static electricity/magnetic weak force or energy that is discharged (like when you get a shock when you touch something from your shoes rubbing against carpet).

splinter
01-15-2007, 03:02 PM
So Chi is simply static electricity?

And I'm not sure how you're deriving causality between the unviverse "going about its business", and the existence of gravity. What makes you think it's not the other way around?

It's widely accepted that there are 4 fundamental forces in the universe... Gravity, Electromagnetism, weak nuclear and strong nuclear. Most physicists think that those forces dictate how the universe "goes about its business".

We are held down by the force of gravity, which is the RESULT of the earth turning, orbiting the sun, being effected by other planets, etc.

Acutally, the rotation of the earth REDUCES the gravitationl pull towards the center of the planet (by a very small amount... about 1/3 of a percentage at the equator). If the earth stopped rotating, we would not just float away.

JDK
01-15-2007, 03:28 PM
He is right....scientist cannot explain Gravity ...to this day.
They know alot about it...but ...well look it up for yourself...they dont understand it.

JD

PS.. Dr John Painter of Texas can extinquish a candle from behind a wall, using one Palm... .....very good Chi-projection.

http://www.jiulongbaguazhang.com/drp.htm

http://www.ninedragonbaguazhang.com/howto.htm

Sal Canzonieri
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
So Chi is simply static electricity?

And I'm not sure how you're deriving causality between the unviverse "going about its business", and the existence of gravity. What makes you think it's not the other way around?

It's widely accepted that there are 4 fundamental forces in the universe... Gravity, Electromagnetism, weak nuclear and strong nuclear. Most physicists think that those forces dictate how the universe "goes about its business".

Actually, the rotation of the earth REDUCES the gravitational pull towards the center of the planet (by a very small amount... about 1/3 of a percentage at the equator). If the earth stopped rotating, we would not just float away.

I wouldn't say, simply static electricity, more like a weak electromagnetic field,
which static electricity can generate from.
Your body is an electro magnetic thing. The brain is basically like a battery, you have positive and negative charges in your body, the nerves carry electricity from brain to throughout the body and vice versa.

Well about Gravity, think about it. Can you turn it on or off? No.
It's there because everything else is happening. The name itself Gravity has to do with being "grave" having mass. You need moving objects with mass for gravity to result, plus these masses have magnetic properties (like earth's core).

Physicists define gravity as (if you look it up): the force of attraction between all masses in the universe; especially the attraction of the earth's mass for bodies near its surface; "the more remote the body the less the gravity". AND: The weakest of the four fundamental forces at the level of elementary particles; gravitation is the observed EFFECT OF the force of attraction between objects that contain either mass or energy. AND: Gravity is the RESULTANT of two opposite forces: Gravitation and Centrifugal Force due to the rotation of the Earth.

Gravity is attracting energy, Chi is a repulsing energy (weak as it is). Energy is always the result of something doing something.

Chi needs a conduit, a channel, a path in the body to travel through, for it to result. What starts out as though (intention) is converted to energy and results in chi.
But it is not like air or water that exists on its own regardless of the channel it passes through. Chi is weak energy, it can happen from the body's processes (thinking, moving, etc), but it can't be bottled like water.
It doesn't act like a fluid, which is how most people think of Chi.

Like Gravity, Chi is the resultant of two opposite forces: electrical and magnetic.

RonH
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
What is the purpose of candle flame smothering?

MonkeyKingUSA
01-15-2007, 05:29 PM

At my age it saves a lot of wind at birthday parties. :D

David Jamieson
01-15-2007, 05:56 PM

impress newbs, have vanity clips of yourself on youtube...mmm, probably a few other reasons.

There...really isn't much purpose to it. some will say it is force direction and so on and so forth, but that can be learned better and more quickly on a heavy bag.

so, your question is a good one. :)

rogue
01-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Now there's a kung fu cage match* in the making....

*pun intended.

Would that be against Iron Crotch? I see a new special edition KFM on the news stands!:D

David Jamieson
01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Would that be against Iron Crotch? I see a new special edition KFM on the news stands!:D

well only if you are like Homer simpson, who likes his beers cold and his h0m0sexuals flaming!

Royal Dragon
01-15-2007, 06:08 PM

Reply]
I was allways told it is a solo exercise to help fine tune hand eye coordination and body mechanics.

I actually think someone was board one day, and noticed they could do it by accident, and it became a neat plaything to pass down.

Sal Canzonieri
01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
The candle thing is about being fast and loose enough to cause the air to move.
Which is good for improving your general body mechanics (gross motor skills) to make it more effective,
regardless of the style being internal or external.

Moving the dangling straw thing is about fine tuning your internal body mechanics
so that you emit a electro-magnetic field, chi, and can make things move by converting thought (intention) into energy. Which is good for improving your specialized body mechanics (fine motor skills) to make it more efficient, again regardless of the style being internal or external.

They are both about effecting your environment via being able to master the processes of your body.