PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed II

mickey
03-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Greetings,

Keep a lookout for this dvd. It features very good fight choreography that includes mixed martial arts. What was interesting about the choreography was that it included misses, evasions and recoveries: GOOD STUFF!! It had me saying "good technique" more than once. The camera angles really captured the action well.

You won't be disappointed with this movie.

mickey

mickey
03-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Rethinking the choreography,

The most respectful word for it would be groundbreaking.

mickey

jethro
03-30-2006, 10:16 PM
who is in it?

was there an undisputed 1, i remember like an omar epps movie or something?

mickey
03-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Greetings,

It stars Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins. They both really represent themselves quite well. Their level of physical conditioning was such that they were making contact with each other with some of their their moves and they weren't wincing from the contact like some actors. They seem to have agreed to try to do something different...something better than what is presently out there. And I think they succeeded.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443676/

mickey

jethro
03-31-2006, 01:34 PM
looked on imdb and jai white looks bigger than he did in the tyson movie!!!!!!!!!!1

jethro
05-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I have seen undisputed on amazon. Is that any good? # 2 isn't on there yet, but I wanted to repost this to remind me, I'm sure if I have #1 on my shelf, I will remember to get this.

Comment on 7 steps below

You know what kind of movies I like. So you would know if I would like undistuted # 1, btu I had to comment on seven steps. Chang Shan(Chen Shan?Shen Chan)
has a move where he does the splits, the 2 guys come at him, and he is hand fighting with both WHILE COMING UP FROM THE SPLITS. 3rd time I have seen him in a movie and it was the 3rd best performance by him but man that was sweet. The fights in general were good throughout the movie too, even the one with the 2 fat lamas. But the one with lung fei was definitely # 2. :D

mickey
05-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Hello jethro,

Undisputed has a better story but not better choreography. It seemed loosely inspired by Mike Tyson. There was a rumor that he met people that were much tougher than he was.

mickey

jethro
05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I mean it's always a great addition to get a good story like Throwdown:p but I will go ahead just get #2. If this thing goes away, remind me, but I will definitely check this out in the next month or 2:D

Hieronim
05-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Hello jethro,

Undisputed has a better story but not better choreography. It seemed loosely inspired by Mike Tyson. There was a rumor that he met people that were much tougher than he was.

mickey

like this guy?
http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=454

in all seriousness, on mma.tv someone said that he was a scary mofo in prison using knees and everything destroying people.

Cobra Commander
05-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Undisputed? You mean the one with Wesley Snipes????

jethro
05-16-2006, 11:26 AM
It sounds like a martial arts movie, if anyone sees a copy anywhere on the internet for a decent price, can you please post iton here, thanks.

Li Kao
01-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Not sure on this one yet -- at first glance, looks like your typical prison movie, with the hero battling thugs and gangs behind bars. However, some of the kickboxing clips look promising. Stars Michael Jai White and is fairly low budget as it was a straight-to-DVD release as far as I know. It comes out for rental in the U.S. on Jan 16th. The original Undisputed had Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames if I remember correctly.

Check out the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWj9b1av1o

mickey
01-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Greetings Li Kao,

This is a really good movie. The villain plays his part well and nearly steals the show. It is one of the first to showcase MMA.

Definitely worth your time.

Come back with your review,

mickey

jethro
01-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Mickey was talking about this movie like a year ago. I am very eager to pick up my copy tomorrow.

jethro
01-17-2007, 03:20 AM
I loved this movie and I did review for it also.

I wish that I could fully describe how great this movie is but I will try. If you are a fan of B-movie martial arts flicks then you will know this storyline well. It is your typical prison movie where they have kickboxing matches between the inmates. What makes it stand out from the rest of the pack is that it is the most groundbreaking martial arts movie I seen in a very long time. It has a ton of top notch Hong Kong action type of moves, new, inventive ones I might add, but the mixed martial arts incorporated into the fighting is equally impressive. There has never been a definitive movie that has showcased MMA properly. 'Undisputed 2' does not take a Ken Shamrock fight move by move and shoot it on screen but the realism in the fights cannot be matched by any other movie. Spinning back kicks come out of nowhere. Leg, arm, and ankle locks are worked seamlessly into the fights without cutting frames or using any trck editing. It has numerous techniques applied and you will watch this over and over just so you can take it all in. A fantasy film for fight fans and it has the most realistic yet stylishly choreographed one on one fights you can imagine. J.J. Perry has to be mentioned for choreographing these brilliant fight scenes making it look like an event you would actually pay to see.

Michael Jai White from 'Tyson' and 'Spawn' stars as a former fighting champion who gets framed while working in Russia and goes to prison. He actually takes on the role that Ving Rhames played as George "The Iceman" Chambers in the first 'Undisputed' but this movie is pretty different. The prison is owned by the mob who hold illegal UFC types of fights. It is actually the villian played by Scott Adkins who steals the show. Michael Jai White is great but Adkins really gets to show off everything he has. His presence is amazing and I loved him in every scene. There is a good job of character development with friends of Jai White helping him along and holding him up.

While the fights in this movie are truly second to none, the story is very well done also. Don't expect your typical Jean Claude Van Damme movie where we have to just except that it is going to be badly done though it may have some good action. This movie is expertly directed by Isaac Florentine. The plot is totally unbelievable but still well written. With this movie Florentine looks like he will finally take off as a big time director. I think he can handle it and this movie shows that. Don't expect action from start to finish but it has plenty of fights. Florentine takes the time to set everything up so we actually get a very good overall movie. Like most all great martial arts films there is a training sequence. This happens before the final fight for Jai White but Adkins gets to show off the most throughout the entirety. Great acting by everybody also helps this movie out tremendously. Don't expect your typical B-action flick. It has a good ending and is a worthwhile movie to watch all the way through. 9/10