PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Ray Pina - I may be training with renzo and frank shamrock

SevenStar
01-15-2007, 09:50 AM
A new pro mma venue started in this area - the first event is in february. Two of our guys - a bjj purple belt and a bjj black belt are fighting in it. The main event is renzo vs. shamrock. From what I am told, they are both supposed to be training at our school.

Don't you train at one of renzo's schools?

Mas Judt
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
SS, I just want you to know that now I hate you. I f@cking love Frank Shamrocks fighting style. I'm so green with envy people think I'm chugging MiracleGrow. I'm the MasJudt Chia pet.

Suggestion: Bring a live broadsword to class.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-15-2007, 08:22 PM
congratulations you lucky ****.

Oso
01-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Suggestion: Bring a live broadsword to class.

how come that sounds like suggesting you bring a knife to a gunfight?????

yenhoi
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah, well Ken Shamrock setup shop right here in Reno Nevada.

Ken and Franks IFL teams fight each other soon, maybe this weekend or sumting.

:eek:

Mas Judt
01-16-2007, 06:58 AM
If we are in the same room, I'd gladly bring a knife to a gunfight.

Honestly, any guy with half-a-brain would choose to exit stage left than face a razor-sharp piece of hacking metal.

Ray Pina
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
I train at Renzo's school in Manhattan. I've missed 3 weeks (closed 1 week for holiday and two weeks healing with stitches) but go back tonight. I compete in my first BJJ tournament this Sunday!

Rolled for the first time in what seemed like forever this weekend. Surprisingly I retained some of the stuff. Great fun. I got to find guys to roll with in PR

tjmitch
01-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Ray, you competing in the Renzo invitational? Which division? I am also competing, first time for me as well. I will be in the old guys middle weight division.

Ray Pina
01-16-2007, 10:51 AM
White belt, under 6 months open

SevenStar
01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
HAHA, I'll be sure to get some pics or something for ya, MJ.

I got confirmation last night. We are the training facility for the event, which will be aired on showtime. the website for the event is http://www.elitexc.com.

Also, the second week of feb, bustamante is coming for a seminar.

Ray and TJ, good luck this weekend. have fun.

Oso
01-16-2007, 07:27 PM
If we are in the same room, I'd gladly bring a knife to a gunfight.

ok. it'd have to be a ****ed small room for me to say the same.

Honestly, any guy with half-a-brain would choose to exit stage left than face a razor-sharp piece of hacking metal.

sure...it was a joke.

qiphlow
01-16-2007, 09:09 PM
HAHA, I'll be sure to get some pics or something for ya, MJ.

I got confirmation last night. We are the training facility for the event, which will be aired on showtime. the website for the event is http://www.elitexc.com.

Also, the second week of feb, bustamante is coming for a seminar.

Ray and TJ, good luck this weekend. have fun.

do you know what time on 2/10 the event will be broadcast? i'm glad i have showtime!!!

Ray Pina
01-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Congrats on getting that deal as the official gym. How does that happen? Isn't Shamrock west coast? Are they both going to be traveling down to you to train? When is the fight?

I saw Renzo last night. I'm looking forward to competing on Sun. but opened up the wound I have on my back... just got the stitches out Sat. Doesn't hurt. And I'll hopefully have a tough scar that will scare agressive Puerto Ricans away in the water.:)

SevenStar
01-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Congrats on getting that deal as the official gym. How does that happen? Isn't Shamrock west coast? Are they both going to be traveling down to you to train? When is the fight?

I saw Renzo last night. I'm looking forward to competing on Sun. but opened up the wound I have on my back... just got the stitches out Sat. Doesn't hurt. And I'll hopefully have a tough scar that will scare agressive Puerto Ricans away in the water.:)

They're not coming here to train, per se. They are coming here for the fight. They will be here if I'm not mistaken, the week of the fight, and will use our facility to train for that week. the fight is on feb. 10

SevenStar
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
do you know what time on 2/10 the event will be broadcast? i'm glad i have showtime!!!

I'll ask tonight.

qiphlow
01-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I'll ask tonight.

gracias!:D

Ray Pina
01-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I'd like to see this fight. I hope it will be online because I doubt I'll find a place playing it where I'll be in PR.

Renzo's such a nice guy, his instructors are all good people too. I hope he does well and doesn't get hurt... he's coming off two wins and Shamrock is a big name.

SevenStar
01-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm sure someone from the school will youtube it. I'll try to make sure we get it recorded.

Ray Pina
01-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Awesome. That would be cool.

tjmitch
01-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Hey Ray, I saw you win your first fight by a standing choke , and I saw part of your second fight( sweet throw ) but then I got to watching one of my friends and missed the end. How did you do from there on out?

I drew a blue belt in the first round who tooled me up pretty good. It was fun anyway, cant wait for the next one.

qiphlow
01-22-2007, 11:40 AM
just checked the showtime website: event will air at 10:00 pm on feb 10 on showtime. also at 8 pm on feb 11 if you can't watch on saturday.