PDA

View Full Version : Wing Tsun IWTA and EWTO

wushu_man07
01-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Peps has any one heard of Wing Tsun, formed by Dr Leung Ting in 1973. 11th Level Grandmaster as well as being the last student on Yip Man.

In the UK , Sifu Paul Hawkes (4TG) & Sifu Andrew Cameron (5PG) head the NWTO. In Europe, the EWTO (Escrima & WingTsun Organisation) is active in all member countries, headed by Prof. Keith R Kernspecht (10th Level Grandmaster). The European HQ is situated in Langenzell Castle, Heidelberg, Germany, which is an entire medieval castle devoted to the study of WingTsun Kung Fu. The NWTO travels to the castle at least once each year for a week of intensive training with the top Masters in the world.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've had a few encounters looks pretty effective, but could do with a bit of sparring, upto you to review as well

http://www.wtkungfu.org

Buddha_Fist
01-16-2007, 01:08 PM
The entire castle is NOT devoted to WT. Kernspecht rents a few halls. There are also other offices (lawyers, etc.). Don't exagerate...

:rolleyes:

An jie
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
:D Leung Ting was a grand student of Ip Sijo, not a direct student. Just as students today have the opportunity to train with their Sigung's so did Leung Ting.
Leung Ting's Sifu did not know the Bat Jam Dao, so he was sent to learn from his Sigung, Ip Man, in a seminar fashion not a as a direct student

Additionally, if you create your own organization, it is not difficult to be 11th grade or level, when you have created the grading structure with which you will be assessed.

Gooseman
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh yes the smallest KF organisation in the world, where the functional leave and dysfunctional stay tethered to the apron strings of Neo Cult leaders charging yearly subscriptions by direct debit.
No never heard of them.
But do love......Boztepe, Nick Smart UK, Milan Prosenica Slovenia.
Gooseman.

couch
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Peps has any one heard of Wing Tsun, formed by Dr Leung Ting in 1973. 11th Level Grandmaster as well as being the last student on Yip Man.

In the UK , Sifu Paul Hawkes (4TG) & Sifu Andrew Cameron (5PG) head the NWTO. In Europe, the EWTO (Escrima & WingTsun Organisation) is active in all member countries, headed by Prof. Keith R Kernspecht (10th Level Grandmaster). The European HQ is situated in Langenzell Castle, Heidelberg, Germany, which is an entire medieval castle devoted to the study of WingTsun Kung Fu. The NWTO travels to the castle at least once each year for a week of intensive training with the top Masters in the world.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've had a few encounters looks pretty effective, but could do with a bit of sparring, upto you to review as well

http://www.wtkungfu.org

Just like anyone in any given "family" or organization...just like MD's, Chiro's, etc...there are good and bad.

Even if somebody has been passed down a system lacking pieces...if that practicioner decides to seek out and build relationships with other practicioners...this is most important.

Open-mindedness is very important...as well as your comfort level. Is this the only WC teacher in town? Check out the other schools...try each out for 3 months each and make your decision. Sound like a lot of work?

It's just your ability to defend yourself...don't worry about it. ;)

Best,
Kenton Sefcik

planetwc
01-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Err no, his first teacher did indeed know the knives and the pole. As he was Ip Man's first student in Hong Kong. Somehow the knives have taken on this mystery of their own.

I have personally met close to a dozen direct students of Leung Sheung, and they were all taught the weapons sets. They did not go seek this knowledge from other teachers.

Leung Ting decided he wanted to study with his sigung and did so without asking Leung Sheung. When this became publically apparent, he was no longer Leung Sheung's student and was disowned as such. That caused lots of bitterness as can be seen in Leung Ting's books. Such is life.

I imagine the pole would be a secret deal as well, if Lok Yiu had not been known as the King of the Pole. If he had called himself king of the knives perhaps the pole would have the mystery behind them.

:D Leung Ting was a grand student of Ip Sijo, not a direct student. Just as students today have the opportunity to train with their Sigung's so did Leung Ting.
Leung Ting's Sifu did not know the Bat Jam Dao, so he was sent to learn from his Sigung, Ip Man, in a seminar fashion not a as a direct student

Additionally, if you create your own organization, it is not difficult to be 11th grade or level, when you have created the grading structure with which you will be assessed.

Ravenshaw
01-18-2007, 02:17 AM

Is this a troll post? Those last two declarations tend to invite a lot of criticism.

Anyway, I've met him. Nice guy. I never liked the image he put out for himself, though. The photographs in his books are painful to look at, though I find the content of his WT quite strong. All grandiose claims aside, there's definitely some substance there.

wushu_man07
01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow looks like there is some debate over Dr L Ting's Roots, I'm sure his paths go way back but I know he is criticized by some Chinese WT practitioners like life takes it. :eek: