PDA

View Full Version : Leung Lam Traditional Wing Chun and Hung Fa Yi ?

Firehawk4
01-19-2007, 05:52 PM
There is in Leung Tings Roots and Branches of Wing Tsun book a Sifu called Leung Lam i am wondering about this guys Wing Chun because the picturse that they show of him on page 336 looks like Traditional Wing Chun or Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun the stances and arm positions in the three pictures dont look like the Yip Man Wing Chun or Yuen Kay San Wing Chun but to me it seems that they look like Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun or Traditional Wing Chun . I could be wrong but Leung Lams history is strange he was a student of Chiu Chow from the Chan Yiu Min Lineage but he also learned from some Nun Named Wan Um Koo wich is translated (The Nun of The White Cloud Nunnery )Wan Um Koo was said to come from the Kung Fu Clan established by Ng Mui .Also in the Lai Hip Chi section of Leung Tings book it mentions a monk called Yat Chan Um Chu tanslated (A Piece of Dust The Master of a Buddhist Nunnery ) and then Tan Sau Ng as his student , Yat Chan Um Chu and Wan Um Koo sound simmilar and both are head of nunnery maybe they are the same person ?Leung Lams history is very strange but what i would like to know is why his Wing Chun in the three pictures such as his stances and structure and techniques looks like Traditional Wing Chun or Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun maybe Leung Lam learned some kind of different Wing Chun Simmilar to HFY or TWC . I could be wrong about all this there is more information about Leung Lam on page 49 50 of Leung Tings book .

Ultimatewingchun
01-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Gee...I can't wait to find out the answer to this one. :rolleyes: :p

Liddel
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
i am wondering about this guys Wing Chun
I wonder about many peoples Wing Chun :rolleyes: :confused:

...of Leung Tings book.

Well theres your answer right there. Ting Cant even tell the truth about how he learnt Kung Fu, id take it all with a grain of salt...

Got any other Books of his ? all the books written by him that ive come across seem to be filled with contradictions and inconsistencies, easy to see for those with a keen eye.

There seems to be many out there that use the word 'similar' with regard to different kung fu's and treat it/or discuss it as 'the same'.

The sun and the earth seem similar to someone just looking at shapes and form but infact they have more differnces than you can think off... :rolleyes:

Mull it over...