PDA

View Full Version : Response To Lunghushan's Comments on the Whole Lama Pai vs. Bak Fu Pai Thing

FlyingCrane
01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
As a third party bystander to the entire BFP vs. Lama Pai topic, all I can say is ... oy vey... I cannot believe that people always take sides without looking at both sides. But therein lies politics and favoritism. If I wanted something from BFP or from Lama Pai should I take a side so I can get something? Such political favoritism would seem to lie at the very heart of human idiocy. But such is the way of the humanity it would seem.

Lunghushan,

Firstly, I am taking sides with the Lama Pai people because I HAVE looked at both sides of the issue. What, if anything, that I said in my post led you to believe that I hadn't looked at both sides of this?

And secondly, I am taking sides with the Lama Pai people not because I want or need anything from them, but I because I believe them to be in the right here.

As I mentioned in my post, I briefly trained with Sifu Ross in Lama Pai many years ago, and I have been around other traditional CMA Sifus and students from the NYC Chinatown area for most of my adult life. Chan's reputation in NYC Chinatown and elsewhere is legendary, but that's not even really the point here.

The point is that one party in question (Bak Fu Pai) posted a video clip, and invited comments. Someone from the other party in question (Lama Pai) commented that it looked like sloppy Bak Mei. To which someone from Bak Fu Pai retorted with a comment about Chan looking sloppy or weak in one of his video clips. To which the Lama Pai folks then basically replyed with "OK then, show us what you got!". Or, as it may have been put in the old days "Kung Sao!", which beyond just the literal translation of the words, essentially means "Talk is cheap. My hands will do my talking!" To which the Bak Fu Pai folks essentially started crying "Bullies! Bullies!"

The Bak Fu Pai folks then apologized. The Lama Pai folks graciously accepted the apology, and stated that nothing more ever needed to be said about this. And then a few days later, the Bak Fu Pai folks start insulting the Lama Pai folks and their Kung Fu AGAIN! To which the Lama Pai folks essentially again said "Kung Sao!" To which the Bak Fu Pai folks again cried "Bullies! Bullies!" I mean, this is rediculous!

This is martial arts. And old school martial arts people take their art and their lineage very seriously. And Doo Wai should be very aware of that. He either needs to step up, or stop talking! And if all of these supposedly different people from the Bak Fu Pai school that are talking trash about the Lama Pai folks are actually just an old, senile Doo Wai, then someone from that school should be getting the poor guy some help, and curbing his Internet access.

The whole thing is really very simple and clear cut, in my opinion.

lunghushan
01-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah the whole thing is pretty clear cut in my opinion, too, people take sides for political gain. And you had to start an entire thread about it -- wonder why?

Basically I've been on the bad end of the Lama Pai's threats, so to speak, so when they started putting down BFP, that's why I responded with the bullies comment. (Which I later took down, BTW, when it was obvious the Lama Pai's can do pretty much whatever they want on this board without any recourse).

So I stand by my comments. I think people take sides for political gain, and perhaps that wasn't your intention here, but since you had so few posts, and didn't seem to be involved in the discussions prior (in other words, you were a noob), you jumping on here on the side of the Lama Pai people seemed to be a bit suspect.

So if that truly wasn't your intention, I'm sorry, but it sure looked like it.

lkfmdc
01-20-2007, 08:54 PM
I've been on the bad end of the Lama Pai's threats

I spent every hour I was in Seattle tracking you down, and my phone bill was twice what it normally is, yet you still escapd! you *******!

Actually, I've made fun of you and called you germaphobic (which seems accurate). I dont' think that really qualifies as a threat....

it was obvious the Lama Pai's can do pretty much whatever they want on this board without any recourse

The secret is out, I'm really Gene Ching, like the BFP board, I like to log on as Gene and talk to myself from time to time to make it seem like Gene is real

lunghushan
01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I spent every hour I was in Seattle tracking you down, and my phone bill was twice what it normally is, yet you still escapd! you *******!

Actually, I've made fun of you and called you germaphobic (which seems accurate). I dont' think that really qualifies as a threat....

I guess the unlisted number works, then? Well, you bluff, I guess. It's like dogs when they have a pecking order and the subservient dogs bow down to the alpha.

You try to establish dominance and a pecking order, and the standard thing you seem to say is you'll go fight the person. Since some people don't want to fight -- nothing to do with being a sissy, IMHO, just that they don't want to resort to fisticuffs, IMHO that is bullying.

If you met a person's argument without insults and with standard dialogue, and without the implied (or not so implied) "I'll call you out", then that wouldn't be bullying -- does that make sense.

The secret is out, I'm really Gene Ching, like the BFP board, I like to log on as Gene and talk to myself from time to time to make it seem like Gene is real

Gene seems to put up with your stuff -- I have no idea why. I've been banned off boards before for way less than what you guys seem to get away with. Then again, he seems to put up with me, too. ???

lkfmdc
01-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I've been banned off boards before

I find that hard to believe :rolleyes:

he (Gene) seems to put up with me ???

All that Shaolin training has given him infinite compassion.....

lunghushan
01-20-2007, 09:42 PM
All that Shaolin training has given him infinite compassion.....

I think I missed that lesson. Anyways, don't get me wrong -- I'm just an idiot posting on a board. Please don't take what I'm saying on here that seriously -- it's only words on a screen.

Shaolin Wookie
01-21-2007, 08:06 AM
That's one of the few times I'll agree with Lung....and it's why I've learned to put up with him. At least he knows that....