PDA

View Full Version : Is Lama Pai vs. Bak Fu Pai a Pink Ninja Troll War?

lunghushan
01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Somehow the Lama Pai vs. Bak Fu Pai scuffle seems like it's becoming a Pink Ninja troll war. Does anybody think they'll really fight or it all just a battle of words?

Or maybe this is an insult to Pink Ninjas?

Soo Ma Tai
01-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Most of what I have seen on these forums is a bunch of **** swinging and my art is better than your art type of crap. I think it's pretty lame if you ask me.

Fuzzly
01-22-2007, 10:19 PM
It's human nature to have conflicting energies. This is why we have martial arts in the first place. Just be glad they are slinging words and not weapons. As for the actual conflict and details? I don't know enough to have an opinion about it.

lkfmdc
01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Do they still make pink ninja outfits? They are so last season ;)

I think this thread is great, I actually give Lung two thumbs up, I mean, how can you possibly take Doo Wai and his three evil inbreds seriously? The new defense, I call it the "Hebrew National" is to appeal to a higher authority....

Fuzzly
01-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Do they still make pink ninja outfits? They are so last season ;)

I think this thread is great, I actually give Lung two thumbs up, I mean, how can you possibly take Doo Wai and his three evil inbreds seriously? The new defense, I call it the "Hebrew National" is to appeal to a higher authority....

If I wasn't so sure I would look like a fool, I would love to have a green Kung Fu uniform. Or maybe an orange top w/ blue bottoms... I better stop now...

lkfmdc
01-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Dude, one of the toughest men on the planet wears a pink judo gi, that man is Gene Lebell (bow your heads now in respect)

NO, I am SERIOUS

I've had him put submissions on me, the man is a true Judo master, and he DOES wear a pink gi

Fuzzly
01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Hah, thanks for the info, lkf! I still don't see myself wearing pink (not my favorite color), but now my green uniform doesn't sound too silly! Of course, I'm far from a master of anything, but at least when I lose I'll look... Well like a large guy wearing a green Kung Fu uniform. But I'll be happy!

lunghushan
01-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I had a pink gi once. I put it in the washer with some red clothes by accident.

lkfmdc
01-22-2007, 11:07 PM
I had a pink gi once

must.... resist.... temptation!.... do not.....no....don't

:D

lunghushan
01-22-2007, 11:12 PM
must.... resist.... temptation!.... do not.....no....don't

:D

LOL

But seriously, some judo dudes are very good. It is very humbling when you try to put a hold on some 70+ year old guy and he wriggles out of it. A lot of modern 'submission' wrestling seems just like bad judo, IMHO.

lkfmdc
01-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I photoshopped a pink ninja, but I'm gonna resist the urge, part of a new 12 step program....

Submission wrestling can be very good, it can also be very bad... sort of like CMA

lunghushan
01-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I photoshopped a pink ninja, but I'm gonna resist the urge, part of a new 12 step program....

Submission wrestling can be very good, it can also be very bad... sort of like CMA

It's probably okay to post it. I put the pink ninja in part because of Gene because he seemed to like Pink Ninjas.

5Animals1Path
01-23-2007, 12:13 AM
I'd suggest a "challenge and answer" forum, but I can't help but suppose it'd just get merged with the Wing Chun section.

;)

GeneChing
01-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Don't you dare sully the pink ninjas (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35945) with this flame war!

jigahus
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Looks like a proxy war between Pirates AAaarrrtgggghhhh!!!! and Ninjas flipping out!

PangQuan
01-23-2007, 11:11 AM
http://pic.templetons.com/brad/photo/japan/mie-drive/img_5656.jpg