PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy

yutyeesam
01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Have you seen Idiocracy?
It's a Mike Judge film (Office Space, Beavis and ********, King of the Hill creator). It never got released because of some corporate decisions.

Here's the intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYnc_-ddlw

I watched it not long ago, and they showed how large corporates took over everything, including water. Everybody was wearing logo infested clothes, that instantly reminded me of seeing the Karate Gi's that's worn by BJJ competitors with all the corporate logo brandings all over the uniform.

Check it out if your video store even carries it.

SanSoo Student
01-23-2007, 02:57 AM
The movie made me sad as I see this happening within society: America is dumbing down slowly when compared to the rest of the world (we keep falling in world education rankings). I mean come on now, do you really need invent flavored water if regular water does the trick, corporate BS...and people should stop watching DUMB MTV REALITY TV SHOWS (or we will soon watch a butt ****ing for 100 minutes). More and more people don't read (I'm a college student and tutor English/Literature) because they don't have questions anymore. This younger generation cares more about grills and the new Kayne West video then really reading Hamlet and questioning humanity. Everyone I tutored started by asking me I kept asking, "What is the meaning of being?" (They didn't try to process the question into what they were reading, they didn't read critically, or analyze...:( ) when I first tutored...nevermind that I had numerous migraines when I needed to explain symbolic language and writing in passive vs. active voice...and these people are the future people that will perform surgery on me or defend me in court....:(

yutyeesam
01-23-2007, 09:52 AM
It makes me wonder about in a very general sense what the average IQ levels are for people who do CMA vs. TKD vs. MMA vs. JMA, etc. I know there are very intelligent people in every type of martial art, I'm just wondering which one has the highest percentage.

According to the theory Mike Judge presents, whatever the more intelligent people gravitate towards, will probably die off.

@PLUGO
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
yeah . . . but is it funny?

yutyeesam
01-23-2007, 12:54 PM
it's high-larious! some classic moments.