PDA

View Full Version : your comments on this sparring vid...

ChoyLeeFat
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCU2vRZBlJE#WyTsO2IRiKI

hmmm...is it just me or do these guys seem a bit flashy like what you would see in a kungfu movie?? hehe :D

JetLi'sFearless
01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
was that the snake style I saw the white guy use?

ChoyLeeFat
01-23-2007, 11:28 PM
apparently...from a couple of their video descriptions, they say they do clf and northern shaolin...

Charles T Rose
01-24-2007, 09:59 AM
the only thing that was remotly effective was the grappling. They had no combinations and I just cant get down with swatting at flies defense for punches because when someone throws more than 2 punches you leave your face wide open to chase hands.

jigahus
01-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Weren't these guys doing wing chun vids a while back? They look awefully familiar.

Golden Arms
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Better than some of the 'sparring' I see on here, but also pretty low level understanding of their arts. If they keep it up though, they are on the right track, just need to keep building the muscle memory and develop the killing intent/agression type of mindset as well.

Ray Pina
01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
The kid in the black t-shirt isn't bad... he definitely has a system he relies on; I thought his defense was pretty good.

A little over half way though he lands a round house of the point-sparring variety. If I was his couch I would not let him "spar" like that anymore. He had the feel for closing his door now. What he needs is intention... kicking a kick that hurts the other guy... otherwise, don't throw it. Same with strikes.

Easy to remedy.... add head gear and gloves and don't stop the action until one taps.

Overall C+ to B. Not bad.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-24-2007, 01:05 PM
they got the right idea. they are making an effort and playing harder than most.

i dont mean to jump on the mma bandwagon, but i think that their coach should have them do some sport fighting for just a few months. it will give them a better understanding of what they need to be doing in their art and when they come back to it there will be a lot less tag and a lot more intent even when going light. you dont have to knock the dudes head off to have intent.

lunghushan
01-24-2007, 01:12 PM
That looks pretty much like what we used to do as teens in sparring in KF class. Rock on!!!

Crushing Fist
01-24-2007, 01:20 PM
The grappling was pretty good, but other than that there was entirely too much standing around and not nearly enough following up, as others said above.

Their technique looks pretty clean but they need to follow through with their attacks.

Also they were clearly quite mismatched and the better fighter (in black) seemed to be sandbagging a lot for the benefit of the newer guy. It might be better to let the new guy be the aggressor and force the better fighter to just defend. It would help teach the new guy to throw combos instead of one kick, reset, repeat.

PangQuan
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
if after you are done watching this clip. look to the right and see related clips.

the guy in black "sam" has several clips of him sparring different people, watch them all.