PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu vs Yoga

bigdoing
12-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I remember somebody posting on here a while back that kung fu yoga was bound to happen sooner or later................well it sooner than later......

.....the guy whos doing it was don wilsons sparring partner and trained in bak mei when he was a child and teen.........

I met the guy today....I'd be interested in some bak mei, but not really into the kung yo........

heres the link....

www.kungyo.com

Ou Ji
12-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Kung Fu's answer to Billy Blanks?

fiercest tiger
12-03-2005, 09:06 AM
All traditional internal and some external has Yoga type moves anyway, he is just the 1st to make something for the public. Good for him!!

I teach internal yoga as well chi kung...its nothing new just he designed his own. I wonder if he is using a 5 element meridian stretching type moves?

FT:)

bigdoing
12-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I agree that cma's have yogic type movments. Yoga is union with the body/mind/spirit etc.....

You could market any traditional art and make it into a new age system of chakra gong qi pranic healing crystal workshop.....

It's another way to make some money and maybee as a secondary effect of the need for greed you might help a few people feel good...

fiercest tiger
12-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Most internal systems use micro and macro cosmic and chakras, i know my art does and if i can make money from it thats a bonus and if it heals people its even better.

FT:)

David Jamieson
12-03-2005, 10:41 AM
There are versions of Lohan taht are entirely transistion from yogic posture to yogic posture.

there are many types of qigongs that are also yoga asana laden.

nothing new there. :)

bigdoing
12-03-2005, 01:07 PM
different names same underlying theme...agreed.

Should I hit the guy up about some bak mei lessons??? what does anybody think?

I think my ego/ jealous nature or something to that effect is interfering with my abillity to seperate sombody with martial skill as opposed to somebody who is doing the whole selling of a new health system exercise thing going on.....

....this guy came into where i work yesterday and i spoke to his wife (hot) and found out they were doing this system, making a telemarketing ad etc....when the guy walked in my kung fu sense went off and told me he doest some kind of art, and sure enough......

.....he teaches a block away from me and I would like to see bak mei "live" as ive only seen video....

anyway just my thoughts..

Yao Sing
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Funny. Try to armbar this guy!

Kung Fu vs Yoga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrYlNNy929Y)

PangQuan
01-24-2007, 11:23 AM
that guy is freakin nuts!

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-24-2007, 11:51 AM
if i could suck my own **** id still leave the house sometimes.

NJM
01-24-2007, 03:18 PM
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5831/westernizedyoga8sb.jpg

Li Kao
01-25-2007, 12:09 AM
if i could suck my own **** id still leave the house sometimes.

You hear guys all the time saying they would "never leave the house" if they could do that -- it's an old joke -- but I maintain that NO heterosexual guy would ever do that, even if they could, and here's why:

Any pleasurable sensation of having a mouth around your banana would be cancelled out by the sensation of having a banana in your mouth. :D

Oh, that clip was pretty cool too -- anyone know what movie it was from?

GeneChing
01-23-2017, 11:23 AM
In anticipation of Jackie Chan's Kung Fu Yoga (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?68161-Kungfu-Yoga), I rewatched Kung Fu vs. Yoga (1979). It's on Amazon Prime and YouTube. I can't remember when I first saw it - the 80s maybe?

KFvY is a goofy film that is almost completely devoid of dialog and plot. It's pretty much solid nonsensical fight scenes, strung together with a threadbare story, just enough to justify a lot of Kung Fu. And they are all great fights in their preposterousness, acrobatic like Peking opera and Jackie Chan, each take contains a dozen plus complex moves, really absurd and intricate work. The finale fight with the contortionist yogi is ridiculous. If you've never seen it, it is the epitome of outrageous Kung Fu fights.

It even has a blind master (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69153-Blind-Masters&p=1299493#post1299493).