PDA

View Full Version : Luke Cummo of UFC/TUF doing Kung-Fu

Lama Pai Sifu
01-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Luke was my student for several years in the mid to late 1990's.

Luke & Edwin Double Daggers vs. Empty Hand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfGFwEZKxI)

Here he is doing a demo at our annual Holiday Party, with has classmate Edwin Rubio. They only learned it a few weeks before the party and they were a bit thrown off with the configuration of the dance floor space.

None the less, I like their performance and thought I'd share this clip, especially because many of you know who Luke is.

Luke also worked in the school and at the time was one of my favorite students. I don't think I've ever taught anyone that worked harder than he did, he always gave 100%.

Incidently, Luke used to regularly compete with a few students in my different schools, to see who could hold a longer horse stance.

Luke wasn't the longest, but he built up to over 20 minutes in a thigh-parrallel horse stance. His record, I believe was just shy of 25 minutes. So when I was watching him on TUF, one of the trainers made them sit in horse against a wall for 5 minutes. Luke puts in his 5, gets up and snickers. "Pfft, I could do this forever."

Anyway, enjoy the clip.

Black Jack II
01-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Thats pretty cool.

I like him as a fighter in the UFC. Brings some different flavour.

PangQuan
01-24-2007, 06:06 PM
wait a second here....only 5 minutes, AND against a wall??

how is that "TUF" ???

NJM
01-24-2007, 06:51 PM
how is that "TUF" ???

The Ultimate Fighter

Fuzzly
01-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Luke was definitely one of my favorite personalities on the show.

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Luke always was an interesting kid. Lots of drive, determination and self discipline.

He trained with me during the better part of his teenage years.