PDA

View Full Version : Interet Personality Disorder and Mental Illness

Water Dragon
01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Just for the sake of conversation, and hopefully starting a huge flame war:

Does the sometimes erratic behavior we see from certain posters reflect personality defects in real life, or does the internet bring out a totally different person in these individuals?

Feel free to comment, expand, hypothesize, talk out your @ss, and of course, cite examples from this board. Blue Book format will be appreciated!

Black Jack II
01-24-2007, 09:09 PM
God I hope so.

I know mine started the day Godzillia destroyed my family village in a chi sao match with Mothra.

Royal Dragon
01-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Most will say I was pretty much nutts before the internet...this is just a god outlet for it so I can keep my real life *Appearing* more sane and together. :D

Royal Dragon
01-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Oh, what the heck is a blue book format?

Royal Dragon
01-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Also, you want us to sit here and discuss our various insanities, and yet you expect to stick to a format? Sounds' crazy to me!! :eek:

BruceSteveRoy
01-25-2007, 07:26 AM
they say the most effective communication is face to face. makes sense. you can read a persons mannerisms, expressions, inflection, etc etc. they say that more than half of communication is lost when you are speaking on the phone. that a considerable amount more is lost when the words are written/typed. this leads to a lot of miscommunications on services such as texting, instant messaging and of course, forums. there is a second part to that though. the dehumanizing factor that computers play in the conversations. people are inclined to act in a way and say things on a computer that they would never normally say and do if they were face to face. many people don't even do it intentionally. it is almost that on a subconcious level we are no longer talking to a living, flesh and blood person, but to a thing. a computer. i mean conceptually we are all aware a person is on the end but there is no accountability for being a di(k to that person. its not like you have to see their face when you make fun of them, or say something that really hurts them. so yeah, i think lack of accountability coubled with poor communication and the dehumanizing nature of internet conversation changes the way ppl interact. its almost like this is all a masquerade. of course this doesnt apply to everyone all the time. but i think most people at some point. i remember in college getting into an argument on IM and i said some really hurtful, mean things to someone, just really cruel. things i would have never normally said if i could have seen the response it invoked face to face. i dunno. before i start rambling i would just say everyone should read this :

http://www.teachingvalues.com/goldenrule.html

and on a lighter (but very accurate note) check this out trust me it somes up this whoel argument.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg

MasterKiller
01-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Oh, what the heck is a blue book format?

University PWND!

SPJ
01-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Tai Chi has weapon such as sword, broad sword, spear, long spear,

They may be "borrowed" from Tai Tzu Long fist.

Which practiced by Ming's army.

Some would said CMA was at highest peak at Ming at all levels.

The Ming Wall, Cheng He/ho junks sailed the seven seas for 7 times.

and someone came along and said Tai Chi is dreamed up with no empiricism,

ok, I agreed, then.

I started to sing looney tune very loud.

--

or cookcoo cookcoo.

Chen Family fighting systems surmized from 2 sources.

1. local village defense. (small group)

2. army to fight bandits. (based on Chen Wang Ting's army experiences and Chi Ji Guang fighting methods/soldiering)

I may cite references all day long from hundreds of websites and books.

--

:D

SPJ
01-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Internet is full of all kinds of people.

there are hidden dragons and crouching tigers.

I was warned not to reveal any true intent/ content.

so always disguise your self or camoflouge.

--

:)

bodhitree
01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
I like using the internet as an outlet to appear normal.

Royal Dragon
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.atari.com/godzilla/godzilla-main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla

golden arhat
01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Tai Chi has weapon such as sword, broad sword, spear, long spear,

They may be "borrowed" from Tai Tzu Long fist.

Which practiced by Ming's army.

Some would said CMA was at highest peak at Ming at all levels.

The Ming Wall, Cheng He/ho junks sailed the seven seas for 7 times.

and someone came along and said Tai Chi is dreamed up with no empiricism,

ok, I agreed, then.

I started to sing looney tune very loud.

--

or cookcoo cookcoo.

Chen Family fighting systems surmized from 2 sources.

1. local village defense. (small group)

2. army to fight bandits. (based on Chen Wang Ting's army experiences and Chi Ji Guang fighting methods/soldiering)

I may cite references all day long from hundreds of websites and books.

--

:D
what u on about ?

Royal Dragon
01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I think he is talking about Godzilla

SifuAbel
01-25-2007, 12:42 PM
what u on about ?

He posted on the wrong thread.

This was meant for BJ Too's self stroke fest.

Black Jack II
01-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Really?

You sure about that. Waterdragon set up this whole thread because I was involved in the President Bush debate or was it the dog thread or was it me thinking the sniping video was way-out of line.

Something that apparently others felt the same about as it got deleted.

I mean come on, I have made so many posts since coming back to check things out 4 days ago.:rolleyes:

SifuAbel
01-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Dumb ass.................

"and someone came along and said Tai Chi is dreamed up with no empiricism"

2+2=4 , idiot. Learn to read.

Actually, what made you a stupid ****nut on the sniper thread was that wonderful piece of craptacular assholitry stating that some here would actaully get a kick out of our guys getting clipped because we don't agree with the war/bush.

You piece of ****. :mad:

Black Jack II
01-25-2007, 01:24 PM
A citizen who states that they want to see our country lose this war fits into that camp dude. Just the way it is.

btw....I found that old picture of you that used to be on here. wow man, I am not superfical or anything, but you must be a famous webcam model or something.:D

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/ugly-people-407.htm

SifuAbel
01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks for confirming that you a giant piece of ****!!!

You don't want a country, you want an empire. An empire where you are safely out of harms way and in control of everybody else. **** you. You aren't in control of a God **** thing. If anything, you are being controled. You want to win this war? Get off that putrid sack you call a buttox and get out there with the KIDS who are dieing and getting limbs blown off. Don't preach to me here, while in the comfort of your own basement master bating to old John Wayne movies, about the glories of war. Your ****ty little life ISN'T worth that of our soldiers.

Who the **** are you to say this kind of crap to anyone!?!?!

There is NO winning this war. Its a gaugmire. It started as a lie, it will finish as such.

To state the obvious, you are not a "conservative". You're a flag waving zombie.

BTW, I wouldn't talk about pictures If I were you. This one of you at the Bush fellating rally says it all. http://www.drinkalot.com/_pictures/face_nuts.jpg

Mas Judt
01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Please put down the Kool-aid and back away from your computer...

Water Dragon
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree with Abel on the war. The insults are all him though.

Instead of listing my views, I'm just gonna leave two quotes that kind of sum up my position.

"Those who would give up freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security." -- Benjamin Franklin

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the Flag, carrying a cross." -- Sinclair Lewis

Knifefighter
01-25-2007, 03:51 PM

you a stupid ****nut

You piece of ****. :mad:

Thanks for confirming that you a giant piece of ****!!!

**** you.

You aren't in control of a God **** thing.

Get off that putrid sack you call a buttox

Your ****ty little life ISN'T worth that of our soldiers.

Who the **** are you to say this kind of crap to anyone!?!?!

you are not a "conservative". You're a flag waving zombie.

This one of you at the Bush fellating rally says it all.

Speaking of personality disorders and mental illness :eek: :eek:

jon
01-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Black Jack II

A citizen who states that they want to see our country lose this war fits into that camp dude. Just the way it is.

This might come across as a loaded question but honestly I am just curious of your opinion.
What, in your view, constitutes winning the war and what constitutes losing it?

Royal Dragon
01-25-2007, 06:12 PM
"Those who would give up freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security." -- Benjamin Franklin

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the Flag, carrying a cross." -- Sinclair Lewis

Reply]
Agreed.

Water Dragon
01-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Black Jack II

This might come across as a loaded question but honestly I am just curious of your opinion.
What, in your view, constitutes winning the war and what constitutes losing it?

That would be the question, wouldn't it. What can we hope to gain in this that we could define as 'victory'? Make terrorism extinct? Change a whole regions fundamental belief system and social structure? Wipe out Islam, What could be defined as victory here? I haven't been able to come up with anything since this started.

Losing is kinda hard as well, because there's no way the Middle East is going to take over the U.S. Us losing to the Enemy would simply be us packing up and leaving the region.

That's why I don't think there is a way to win this war. We've been told 'victory' is everything from getting rid of Saddam, WMD's, stopping Al Quaida, and now it's a 'stable democratic Iraq'. There's not a set objective to win, it keeps changing.

If that's the case, we are going to lose this war, it's simply a matter of time.

Shaolinlueb
01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
i think its easier to post and be a complete a hole on the itnernet then it is in real life.

lunghushan
01-25-2007, 06:43 PM
If that's the case, we are going to lose this war, it's simply a matter of time.

The only thing that will stop this -- and talking about the overall Muslim vs. West problem is if something really bad happens. The way things are going, it's just a matter of time.

I don't know what it will be, most likely some killer flu or something that will wipe out a lot of people and make them reliant upon Western aid.

The current strategy seems to be to instigate an internal conflict, Shiite vs. Sunni. That seems to be going rather well at the moment.

David Jamieson
01-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Dang, I'm missing some good stuff here! :(

I would also ask, in regards to the war in Iraq, what is it that would define a win?
The US/UK forces have removed the government in a pre-emptive strike.
The strike was carried out, on a lie that was at first obfuscated as poor intelligence, but later is revealed to be a lie in a self evidential way but unspoken of entirely in some places, disregarded in others and so on.

But anyway, Saddam is gone, a government has been installed, the country is occupied with a pretty good sized standing army...what is winning? I think the longer the army stays, the worse it gets.

UK are steadily pulling out, all others are pulled out already, or in the process of doing so, which is probably why the troop levels are dropping, or are for the most part tactically useless or in non threatened areas of little strategic value anyway.

W is running out of guys to fire, ask to resign or give up for prison sentences.
The Man is like the first Lemming in the horde running at the cliff edge....

Now in some circles of right wing whacko nut jobs, these statements would put me in the category of mentally messed up. In some other circles of Left wing tin foil hat wearing liberal scum, I would also be regarded as a little messed up for iterating these things.

In my reality, I am neither messed up, nor am I not messed up. I am trying to be as well adjusted as I can be to a society and culture that is fundamentally chaotic and sick...to give context to krishnamurti :) who said that those who claim to be well adjusted aren't saying much when considering how profoundly sick society is.

a little messed up is normal. a lot messed up doesn't spend time in discussion forums.

lunghushan
01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I would also ask, in regards to the war in Iraq, what is it that would define a win?
The US/UK forces have removed the government in a pre-emptive strike.

Win would seem to be, things escalating, U.S. pulling out due to popular pressure (Republians losing elections), Sunnis going all out against Shiites, pulling in Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the entire region imploding.

Otherwise, if they have a stable government, it's just going to be a Muslim government anyways, and what would be the point of that?

SPJ
01-25-2007, 08:16 PM
on the war in general;

I am against it unless it is unavoidable or absolutely necessary.

I support the soldiers and their families.

On posting on the internet'

there are 2 types of posts in general'

1 information, links or posts based on research and references/links.

2, knee jerk responses at the heat of the moment; dun mean nothing; but an emotional outburst of words of acrimonies etc etc.

--

lunghushan
01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
2, knee jerk responses at the heat of the moment; dun mean nothing; but an emotional outburst of words of acrimonies etc etc.

--

Obviously the Internet is kindof like therapy for a lot of people, where they can't say things they would in real life.

Otherwise, I can't imagine that a lot of people would say the stuff they do on here to people in their life, call them out every 5 minutes, be so angry and belligerent.

If I'm wrong, though, and people do act in real life like they do on the Internet, perhaps that's the reason there's so many people in jail.

Like this one:

"and someone came along and said Tai Chi is dreamed up with no empiricism"

Actually, what made you a stupid ****nut on the sniper thread was that wonderful piece of craptacular assholitry stating that some here would actaully get a kick out of our guys getting clipped because we don't agree with the war/bush.

You piece of ****.

Do people really talk like this in regular conversation?

SPJ
01-25-2007, 08:20 PM
there is no winner in any war.

there is only loss. it is a hefty price exacting on the human tolls.

on the political and military poise/postures;

increasing presences in Iraq, afganstan and greater east Asia

from south korea, Japanese island chains all the way to the persian gulf,

--

they are only posturing or poising.

--

lunghushan
01-25-2007, 08:22 PM
there is no winner in any war.

--

Actually, no, based upon all the $ that people have made on this war, the houses they bought with the defense $, and all of that, it would seem like there are a LOT of winners in war.

Joseph Kennedy made a ton of $ on war. First corporation, Dutch East Indies company made a ton of $ on war.

There are a lot of people all over profiting off of war.

Not saying it's right, just saying you can't say there are no winners in any war.

SPJ
01-25-2007, 08:27 PM
there is an old saying, difficult to translate word for word;

but it goes like this.

we only need the drums of the war and not the actual war.

or we only need to talk up a war and make money already.

--

SifuAbel
01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Surprise, surprise. No thoughts on how to actually win or what is winning. :rolleyes:

typical.

Black Jack II
01-26-2007, 02:48 PM
With most of this crew its a loaded question and I am not biting.:p

You will have to wait to get all crazy tell next time. Which I am sure won't be long.

SifuAbel
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM
cop out. :rolleyes: ................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Admit it. You don't have a solution that doesn't sound like a neo nazi brain ****.

Black Jack II
01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
No backsliding here dude. Just not going to bite at this time.:p

SifuAbel
01-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah............... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.. ...........................

You've been more than forthcoming calling everyone a "pinko". Going on how we get a kick out of our guys getting sniped (your ass would be toast if you said that to my face, btw.) And how we are all fundamentally flawed. You've camped here in the name of "conservative values", yet there is nothing conservative about you.

But you can't reveal your secret wonderplan for finding some sort of "win" in this war?

I call major BS on that noise.

If you do have some think tank stategy that might work , be sure to tell Dubya, he's at a loss as to what to do.

Black Jack II
01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
(your ass would be toast if you said that to my face, btw.)- oookkkkk....Count Dante.:rolleyes:

Second, what about at this time don't you understand? I don't have to answer to you now nor ever dude. It's not for any real reason but to annoy you anyway.:D

Anyone with half a brain who has read my posts should be able to figure out what I would stand for. You really that far out of your mind that you can't guess?

It's called staying the course. In my view an extra 40,000 troops is to little.

SifuAbel
01-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Bwahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You're funny. When are you going to enlist?

In your view, we should send every american man, woman and child to iraq. As long as its not you, of course.

And then what? What is "the course". Just where the heck do you think this course leads? Win the war against terror? In Iraq? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Have you ever heard of a rather tall fellow named Osam Ben Ladin? Apparently, Bush got his address wrong and went to to the wrong country. North Korea HAS nukes. THEY are way closer to getting to us than Iran. No biggy? Thank GOD you are in the shrinking minority of flag waving zombies. You sir(I use that term rather loosley), are no conservative republican. Or rather, you are part of that faction within the party thats becoming increasingly unpopular among those that actually have a brain. BTW, I am not a democrat. To call me "liberal" is hilarity incarnate.

We are a nation of laws. Many of which our president has bent beyond recognition. Clinton was impeached for lieing about a BJ. Bush should be impeached and arrested for mass murder. Lieing to congress, getting them to vote for war under false pretenses, which have thus far cost the lives of THOUSANDS of American citizens for a nebulous victory over nothing. If this little tidbit doesn't bother you, then you are not an american. You are a thug. You are in favor of The united states of thuggery. You'd rather this country be an episode of the Sopranos.

I'm all in favor of securing our borders, revamping our internal infrastructure, even pursueing foreign wars, for the right PURPOSE. NOT on the whim of a C student president trying to get his portrait done in Napoleonic blue.

Black Jack II
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
SifuAbel,

Is this you in the first part of the video. Your hell on wheels man. Hell on wheels I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Vo1jsD9mg

SifuAbel
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
(your ass would be toast if you said that to my face, btw.)- oookkkkk....Count Dante.:rolleyes:

Pft, Like you have a face anyhow, Mr. Nowhere.

SifuAbel
01-26-2007, 04:24 PM
SifuAbel,

Is this you in the first part of the video. Your hell on wheels man. Hell on wheels I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Vo1jsD9mg

:rolleyes: Is the second one your mother?

jon
01-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Black Jack II

Its a shame you are unwilling to respond. My intention is not to bait you, although I can completely understand why you dont wish to be drawn into a debate regarding this, I was looking forward to reading your views. I am a political science student and this semester will be studying terrorism and Middle Eastern politics, as of yet my understanding of the whole situation is fairly limited. Although I currently do not hold a high opinion of the Iraq war, you seem fairly convinced of your opinions and (despite being seemingly rather abrasive at times) seem to be an intelligent person.
I am perfectly willing to simply hear (read) your thoughts without trying to critique them. Obviously I cannot speak of how other people will react so if you are not keen on responding then I can respect that.
I will, however, state that it seems kind of odd to be accusing others of being somehow in favor of a loss when you are not really willing to provide a definition of what a loss or win might be.

Water Dragon
01-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I just wanted to take a moment and thank Black Jack and Abel for providing such a wonderful example of what I was talking about.

Now, here's the question for everyone. If this situation was occuring face to face, over a beer, would it be going the same way? Would these two be cordial outwardly, but fuming underneath? Or is this some kind of internet anomaly, and the anger seen here would not even exist in the real world?

SifuAbel
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Nope, I am just as crude and nasty in person. Now eat poo and die.

Black Jack II
01-27-2007, 02:24 PM
What anger??

The only "anger" I have really shown was at a thread showcasing U.S. military men getting blown away on jumboscreen. The other stuff is called debating or just casting "back" at Abel for kicks. If you want to see anger go look at where I was the only republican on that Iraq thread for what seemed like forever and witness how much **** I was taking and how others were going for personal shots whenever they could.

Though I do admit I can be abrasive at times myself. I at least want to get that out in the clear.