PDA

View Full Version : Seven Star Mantis in southern california

ANIMALMOTHER
01-25-2007, 02:19 AM
I quit boxing after 5 years and was looking around for some mantis schools in orange county, california and couldnt get anything. I settled on a muay thai studio, but was recently told of a Seven Star Mantis school in or near Irvine. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good schools in the area? thanks

7starstudent
01-25-2007, 08:06 AM
I know that Sifu John Cheng has schools all over the LA area - I think the main school is in Irvine. His website is http://www.californiamartialarts.com/, but it doesn't really give any info about Mantis. Sifu Cheng studied under Lee Kam Wing in Hong Kong.

I'm sure there are others, but that's all I know about.

Three Harmonies
01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Are you set on Mantis? Not sure of the local teachers, but you may want to check out Tim Cartmell in Garden Grove, CA. www.shenwu.com
It is a biased opinion, but I can promise you will not find better in the area.
Cheers
Jake :)

yu shan
01-26-2007, 07:54 PM
You might google Paul Lin. He and his father train in a park in L.A.

Michael Dasargo
02-04-2007, 01:08 AM
If you are willing to drive an hour south of Irivine, you can stop by our school in San Diego:

www.MantisSkills.com

M.Dasargo

ANIMALMOTHER
02-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Thanks but san diego is too far.

I am pretty set on taking mantis. If I cant find a good mantis school ( anywhere near orange county, corona, riverside, even parts of LA) , I will switch back to boxing and possibly go back to kenpo. Thanks for all your help

KickingMantis
02-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Yes, As someone has mentioned earlier, Sifu John Cheng has a few schools all over the OC area, check out the website that was given before....www.californiamartialartsacademy.com. He is a student of Raymond fogg and of Lee Kam Wing.

If you are closer to LA you can check us out at www.usmartialartsacademy.org also a 7 Star Mantis School.

If you are interested in training its best to call and speak to someone at one of the locations for information.

Radplaiddude
02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I looked at carrying on with my manits at J chengs schools. I was told i have to start at the very beggining even though we where ofthe same lineage???