PDA

View Full Version : I posted this in Training/Health and nobody noticed

bodhitree
01-25-2007, 09:50 AM
You can make your own custom supplement for cheap at TrueProtein.com (http://www.trueprotein.com/custom_product.aspx)
I made my protein with carbs/creatine/bcaas/arginine all for 9$ a pound, and you only have to buy a pound.

5Animals1Path
01-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Wow, that's really, really cool. I like the updating nutritional info bar on the side too. Without it I was gonna say it was a little too specialized (ie, I'm too dumb to know what's goin on ;) ).

TenTigers
01-25-2007, 11:51 AM
they say that there is a substance called "pre-milk" in mother's milk that has greater absorbtion than other protiens. Muscle Milk supposedly synthezes this from a whey isolate or something? So..where else can we get this?
I was breast-fed by my grandmother. It hasn't affected me much-although I do have a tendancy to drink milk past its expiration date.:D

Black Jack II
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I would stay away from Cytosports Muscle Milk until they take the glycocyamine out which has been known to raise some peoples ****cysteines levels despite the fact that they have betaine in there to self correct that problem.

If you like the taste of muscle milk, and I do, try there premade shakes which don't have the glycocyamine in the formula or order your muscle milk from Canada which due to regulations is not allowed in the products.

SPJ
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I prefer the old way;

I get my protein from soy

or a juicy angus beef steak.

ain't no pills gonna beat that.

--

:D

lunghushan
01-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow, thanks for reposting. I would have totally missed that with all the pink ninja flame wars. That's really cheap.

bodhitree
01-26-2007, 06:06 AM
I prefer the old way;

I get my protein from soy

or a juicy angus beef steak.

ain't no pills gonna beat that.

--

:D

Soy as a primary source of protein for power athletes/men = bad. Don't get me wrong soy in moderation for men is not bad, but it has estrogenic tendencies in the body. These are protein powders, not pills. Immediately following exercise quick absorbed proteins are optimal for initiating the recovery process. Whole foods are great at all other times, but post work out (any kind of rigerous workout) a protein drink is ideal (and can be mixed with various things according to the nature of the workout, mostly carbs).

Black Jack II
01-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Bodhitree is on the money. Personally I stay the away from soy as a primary protien source. In specific I think school-age males should as well.

Unfortunately, soy protein contains two rather significant "unfriendly" phytoestrogens, both of which appear to have estrogenic activity. They are called genistein and diadzein.

There is a brand of soy called Nova Soy which has the same BVU as whey and may be worth looking into though for a middle-timed release protien to be combined with whey isolate and casien.