PDA

View Full Version : Gary Romel - Your Profile

Nexus
09-24-2001, 07:03 AM
Two things. Neither relating to your skills as a martial artist.

#1. A month ago you said you had 8 years experience in tai chi chuan but suddenly your profile reads 13 years. How can this be?

#2. How old are you? You look young, and I was guessing somewhere in the mid-20's, but if you are for instance, 21, does that mean you started training in tai chi when you were 8? Etc etc. I can't imagine you are older then 30 (you may be) and if you were 30, according to your profile of 13 years, you started training with Erle Montaigue when you were 17?

Or are some of these years accounting for your Kempo Karate training. Please explain.

Thanks,

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

gazza99
09-24-2001, 07:53 AM
First of all, if you have personal questions/problems with my profile, just email me, my email should be current, and im sure you have my web address as well.
The question for the profile is how long have you been training, not how long have you been training in your current art, so of course it includes other styles!
Are you writing a paper on me or something, You have already written Erle and attempted to get him to contradict me. You also posted Erles personal emails to you on this site, which erle did not approve of. I really dont care to associate with you at all, you are not my student/friend so I care less what you think of me,
.. add that to the final chapter in your book.....

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

Fish of Fury
09-24-2001, 08:07 AM
hey Gary
i just checked your profile and couldn't help noticing that you were born yesterday! (well, almost)
:D

what's with the 3/6/01 DOB?

just wondering.(i'm not having a go,or writing a book on you or anything) :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

gazza99
09-24-2001, 08:14 AM
lol,
yeah thanks fists of fury, I suppose I wont get a book from you then eh?
I WAS born almost yesterday! Ive grown quite quickly! That will add some interest to Nexus's book! Ill change it thanks..
Gary

Nexus
09-24-2001, 06:03 PM
Sounds like you have something to hide as you did not answer my question at all but rather redirected it to an attack on myself. There are no reasons that inquiring about someone elses age/martial arts experience should be considered poor in ettiquette.

As for the reason I emailed Erle, if you think that by doing so it was a personal attack on you then you are wrong. I was trying to understand that situation, and if you look back on it, my emails from Erle were probably more supportive to your case of defending your pressure point fighting then against it. I think the real instigators were the people that started that forum and the people who go to your website and flood your message board with "anti Gary Romel" posts, not me, who was simply trying to understand where you were coming from.

As for you being my teacher or friend, neither have I asked of you. Most people on this forum are here to learn about others martial arts, and learn from others. I don't think the majority of people signed up to make friends, although if that happens along the way then that is wonderful.

If you do not wish to answer the questions asked, then just say so, no reason to try and turn everything around for whatever reasons you have of doing so.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

Water Dragon
09-24-2001, 06:28 PM
I think this is about to get good :D :D :D

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

gazza99
09-24-2001, 07:40 PM
"As for you being my teacher or friend, neither have I asked of you. Most people on this forum are here to learn about others martial arts, and learn from others. "
Great then what does your post have anything to do with this? Your posts to Erle? NOTHING, if for some odd reason you need some sort of biography on me please give me a good reason
.... If you wanted info about me for your own personal edification, you should have kept the emails to yourself, there is no reason at all it should have been posted, whether it turned out in my favor or not. Thats the problem I have with you in general.

"There are no reasons that inquiring about someone elses age/martial arts experience should be considered poor in ettiquette."
Let me refresh your memory on ettiquette a bit...
"#1. A month ago you said you had 8 years experience in tai chi chuan but suddenly your profile reads 13 years. How can this be? "
This is simply stated trollishly, if you go to my website it is obvious I list other arts I have studied, so for me to have only studied 8/13 years taijiquan is no big suprise.
This statement is a pure insult, and I consider it a personal attack on my credibility, as it lacks complete foundation. I answered the questions on the profile correctly, it asked how long have you been training, not how long in your current art, I think Ive been over this one? But since you either have something against me or your just plain low on IQ points I feel the need to repeat myself.
As to my age, and drawing you up a timline of my life, I really dont feel the need, I am young and it should be obvious by my appearance that Im definately not an old man. I simply dont feel the need to advertise how young I am! ~ and yes I am in my 20's and that is why. As you may or may not know its harder for a younger teacher to get students, but once they meet and train with me its no longer an issue, Accually most if not all my students are older than me. ranging from 32-60.
Anyhow ive entertained your obsessions with me longer than I cared to, sorry if Ive misinterpreted your intentions, but its hard to see why in the world you post this out of nowhere just because? Especially in the tone its in....
Gary

Nexus
09-24-2001, 08:42 PM
Yes you misinterpreted my intentions, but we all do that from time to time. Thank you for your answers, they have satisfied their means. Best wishes to your in your trainings and practices, and please understand that I do know that difficulties of being young in martial arts and trying to gain students and having people respect what you say because you truly want to share with them what you have learnt.

I think you have a lot to offer to martial arts Gary Romel and if I came accross as harsh in my questions, then that is not as it should be seen. I have watched your videos on your website, listened to you speak, and I feel that you certainly have a good know-how and are competent and confident.

The best in your future endevours, no hard feelings from me, I remember you saying you have been angry lately, and I know how that goes.

- Nexus

JerryLove
09-24-2001, 10:59 PM
Actually, Gary was born 03/06/1901... His Taiji has kept him looking youthful.

gazza99
09-25-2001, 05:17 AM
Nexus, My appologies to you for being so harsh, Clearly I misinterpreted, thank you for your kind words, and no hard feelings here either, im sure youll understand my recent stress lately due to recent events, ive had long hours, and the on going question of leaving the country at any given day. As I am Active Duty Air Force.
Anyhow, take care,
Gary