PDA

View Full Version : outstanding speed

Black Jack II
02-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Some may enjoy seeing this short clip. It's always interesting to see this guy shoot. Talk about inhuman speed and precision. So for those who like guns and speedshooting.

It's Jerry Miculek who happens to be the fastest revolver man on earth and the only one I know to ever beat Ed McGiverns record from 1932.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/speedshooter.html

SifuAbel
02-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow, imagine what he could do with an uzi.

David Jamieson
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I wonder why they didn't show his groupings on the targets, because as we all know, speed is useless without accuracy.

also, using a speed loader? That's why it's called a speed loader so you can load a revolver in as fast as you can push em all in.

anyway...

lunghushan
02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
He's fast, but he's already got his gun drawn. That doesn't really count. Plus, he's too old to move around much. In a firefight you don't want to just stand there and shoot.

Bottom line is he's fast with a trigger and that's it.

Black Jack II
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its not a tactical shooting match. Its a speed shooting match. It's for those people who understand firearms and how hard this is, those who understand the difference between a tactical shooting match and a speed shooting match and/or can appreciate people who are at the very top of their game at what they do.

This guy is insane fast. He broke a world record that was in effect sinch 1932. It's like the Tiger Woods of speed shooting for revolvers. S&W even crafted a revolver in his honor.

Here he is with some tips on what he does.

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/JERRY_MICULEK/jerry_miculek.html

David Jamieson
02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
without even reading the tips lemme take some wild guesses at what he does.
You know, because I don't understand guns. lol

a) put a hair trigger on the revolver

b) keep it real clean

c)point and pull the trigger as fast as you can

big deal. All im saying is that this is not a particularly impressive demonstration of shooting. shooting only has value and shootists only have cred when they can hit stuff accurately and at range.

for instance, I am impressed with a rifleman who can hit a medula oblongata from 300yards away with a 30:06

I'm even more impressed by a shooter who can take out a radar installation and it's operators with a 50 cal rifle from 500m or more out on the water in a dhingy and with a tripod.

blazing away with a revolver is like a corndog eating contest. It really doesn't mean squat.:p

lunghushan
02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its not a tactical shooting match. Its a speed shooting match. It's for those people who understand firearms and how hard this is, those who understand the difference between a tactical shooting match and a speed shooting match and/or can appreciate people who are at the very top of their game at what they do.

Okay ... but for relevance in modern day combat, it doesn't seem very relevant.

It's kindof like somebody who can type really fast, but doesn't know how to use a word processor.

Don't get me wrong, but I used to watch OLN all the time and they'd have these tactical matches, and those seem far more relevant to modern day combat than this does.

David Jamieson
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
It doesn't seem relevant because it isn't. Like I said, it has comparable value to a pie eating contest...although I think I used corndog, either way, speed shooting, corndog eating contests, pie eating contest, who can spit ****hest...these things are all on the same level. useless ways to pass time as we travel around the sun. :p

Royal Dragon
02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Is this the same quick draw guy who quick draws on a quarter in the air and hits it? Or is he just a different speed shooter guy?

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
wow tough croud.

lunghushan
02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
wow tough croud.

Hey -- I learned from lkfmdc, Lama Pai Sifu, unkokusai, when in doubt on forums, attack... attack ... attack ...

So I've been trying it out. Seems pretty effective so far.

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Okay ... but for relevance in modern day combat, it doesn't seem very relevant.-

That's the point. No one ever stated it did.

It doesn't seem relevant because it isn't.-

Again, I don't know why certain people have a serious comprehension problem on this forum but like I stated before. Its a speed shooting match and not a tactical shooting match. If its as easy as a corn dog eating contest it should be no problem for you to accomplish this. This is equal to a kungfu grandmaster doing the perfect execution of a form.

Oh and incase you don't read, this guy hits everything he shoots at. In speed shooting matches you have to be on target. Since you know so much about guns and this sport its odd that you didn't know that.

for instance, I am impressed with a rifleman who can hit a medula oblongata from 300yards away with a 30:06- LMAO.....oookkkkk Rambo.

Yao Sing
02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow, turn the tables. When the CMA crowd points out an impressive display of a martial attribute (like fast habds for instance) the MMA crowd bashes it for not being realistic and useful for fighting (no power, try it against a resisting opponent).

Seems the roles are reversed in this thread. CMA bashing the practicality of it while MMA types glorify the display exceptional skill (good Kung Fu).

Interesting.

David Jamieson
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
what's an mma type?

I like mixing martial arts and using what I can from wherever, as long as it's practical and I can work it in.

i also enjoy more traditional lines of practice such as forms and what not.

In my opinion, purists are the only ones who are missing out no matter if they are into one thing or another. I don't think there are any mma competitive fighters outside of small unknown venues here though.

Nothing more useless than a cow milker on a tree farm in other words. lol

Merryprankster
02-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, turn the tables. When the CMA crowd points out an impressive display of a martial attribute (like fast habds for instance) the MMA crowd bashes it for not being realistic and useful for fighting (no power, try it against a resisting opponent).

The difference here is that Black Jack II isn't claiming that this has any "real world value." By contrast lots of CMA guys will say things like "Oh, his forms are strong and that is very valuable for fighting."

BJ II is noting this as a data point and sharing something that is difficult to do and takes a lot of skill. He's not claiming it has any martial value.

and THAT is the difference.

It is EXACTLY like the corn dog eating contest. No real relevance to anything - other than a corn dog eating contest. ON the other hand, try beating Kobayashi at one and tell me it doesn't take some training and dedication to be good at it.

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
................. case in point. :rolleyes:

Yao Sing
02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
The developement of any skill that's associated with fighting WILL help your fighting, whether it's speed or strength or agility. Now cake baking I would argue against.

Merryprankster
02-02-2007, 03:53 PM
:rolleyes: at Abel.

Yao Sing - the development of any of those skills WILL help your fighting - provided that you don't sacrifice other attributes to train them.

IE, great handspeed is useful, but not if you are so focused on speed, you have no power.

That would not, however, detract from the DIFFICULTY of mastering great handspeed.

BJ II is asking that you admire that shooting for what it is, and nothing more. That to me is the fundamental difference, and why your analogy was/is flawed.

If he had asked us to agree that that guy would be a bad ass, under pressure, in a full on fire fight....

But he didn't...