PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

xcakid
02-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just recently returned to training again after a long absence. I was looking for some reference materials and found this site. Lurked around for a couple of days and decided to register.

I am initially for CA and relocated to TX. Then briefly to NOLA and back to TX again. Trained in Sil Lum while I was in Jr High. In H.S. and part of college I trained in Shaolin Kenpo under the Ralph Castro system. Joined the military and all I could find was Tae Kwon Do so I took that and got my 1st Degree Black after 4yrs. I then found another Shaolin Kenpo school in SoCal and studied there for another 4yrs and got my 1st and 2nd Black under that system. I eventually opened a school of my own, but soon got burned out after 2yrs. I took a break from martial arts for another 3yrs or so and came back to learn Ying Jow Pai. After a year, I had a change in careers that forced me to stop due to time constraints. 12yrs later here in TX, I am again continuing my studies in Shaolin Long Fist and couldn't be happier. 30lbs heavier, lacking my flexibility I once had, makes me realize how foolish it was to stop training.

Seems to be some real knowledgeable people here and look forward to conversing and sharing ideas with all of you. Do forgive me if I ask a lot of questions.

Al

kidswarrior
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome, xcakid. I, too, have a checkered past in the MA. :rolleyes: But in some ways, maybe it's been better that way. Look forward to your posts.
-kidswarrior

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
i like cheese lolz.

Oso
02-01-2007, 11:10 AM
welcome.

there are some knowledgable folks here.

and some that just have a very high opinion of what they think they know.:D

and a bunch of people who hang out for fun and relaxation.

xcakid
02-01-2007, 11:29 AM
welcome.

I fall under these 2 categories. I'm not an expert, but I play on the net. :p

Becca
02-01-2007, 11:36 AM
welcome.

there are some knowledgable folks here.

... And then there's GDA...:eek:

But welcome!

Oso
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
well, the master of rotting orbs style is in a class of his own, natch.

i used to use this place to escape from work during the day

but now I ride around in a van fixing hot tubs all day

YouKnowWho
02-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I am again continuing my studies in Shaolin Long Fist
Do you train Long Fist in Houston, Tx from George Hu? Could you tell who your LF teacher is?

some that just have a very high opinion of what they think they know.:D
If you are not a MMA guy then we have some people who will argue with you no matter what you have said. When that happen and if you argue back then that thread will last for at least another 20 more pages. :D

Oso
02-01-2007, 05:10 PM
If you are not a MMA guy then we have some people who will argue with you no matter what you have said. When that happen and if you argue back then that thread will last for at least another 20 more pages. :D

but, see, don't feed the trolls.

simply nod in understanding and they go back under their bridges.

xcakid
02-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Do you train Long Fist in Houston, Tx from George Hu? Could you tell who your LF teacher is?

I am actually in N TX. Plano. Here's the link to my school. Shaolin Wu Yi Institute (http://www.swyi.com/) The Sifu is Travis Alschbach. Heres a link to the lineage (http://www.swyi.com/lineage.htm) which can also be found on the website. The school just opened 3rd qrtr of 2006 so it is fairly new. Sifu Alschbach was teaching at another school prior to opening his own.

BruceSteveRoy
02-02-2007, 07:18 AM
looks like a cool place man. welcome to the forum.