PDA

View Full Version : The Guv'nor

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Lenny Mclean was nasty as sh!t bare-knuckle pikey style boxer and famous bouncer from England. His nick name was the Guv'nor and he was in "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels."

Here are two clips from some unlicensed smoker fights in England.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FUcFx-PEiTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDAmME-1JU

His website. His biography is worth the money.

http://www.lennymclean.co.uk/

Royal Dragon
02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
If MMA allowed you to stand over a guy, and kick, stomp and trample like that, I bet BJJ would not be as dominant as it is.

Knifefighter
02-02-2007, 11:27 AM
If MMA allowed you to stand over a guy, and kick, stomp and trample like that, I bet BJJ would not be as dominant as it is.

Watch Pride.

BTW, BJJ was developed in Brazil where those rules were the norm.

MasterKiller
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM

Actually, if the stompee was allowed to fight on the ground, the stomper might not be so dominant in these situations.

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Royal,

Those matches you see there, thats more like the old London Prize Ring rules, or maybe even a bit before due to the stomping, but in reality its just good old fashioned unlicensed pikey style boxing.

In that clip, it just looks like Lenny got ****ed because of the short headbut and said f@ck it. He put the guy down like he almost always did.

Either way, the Guv'nor was a freakin machine. He was the heavyweight champ of unlicensed boxing.

Royal Dragon
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I actually liked that fight better than the modern stuff.

Say, do you have any old clips of bare knuckle boxing? Maybe old footage digitised? If anyone would, it's probably you.

Wong Ying Home
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
You can buy dvd's of bare knuckle boxing starring the Guv'nr via ebay. There is one where they show all teh fights he had with Roy Pretty Boy Shaw, pikey boxing and lots of other stuff...it is a good watch.

Lenny was da bomb !

David Jamieson
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
*yawns*

a dead guy? so what are we supposed to do?
go wow? oooh that guy had something.

what value do we get out of this? Is there anything besides the entertainment of watching? I'm not really interested in readind a dead scrappers bio, what would be in that? a timeline of beatings that have no relevance at all to life in the here and now? lol

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
what value do we get out of this? Is there anything besides the entertainment of watching? I'm not really interested in readind a dead scrappers bio, what would be in that? a timeline of beatings that have no relevance at all to life in the here and now? lol-

Man you are a miserable person. Just cut your wrists already and have done with it or get some therapy.

Royal,

Yeah, I have some stuff, but Ebay is also a cheap place as well, I will look.

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
w Is there anything besides the entertainment of watching?

Not from the king of useless threads, apparently. :rolleyes:

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Go back to jerking off your dad Abel. That was not even my quote you tard$$

btw, when was the last time you posted anything of your own???????

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm only jerking off my dad casue your mom's a hole was too big. :rolleyes:

I, unlike you, don't plague the board with useless crap threads.

Buh Bye

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Plague the board??

You mean this fast moving, wild kfo forum. LMAO, **** here does not even blink.

My threads have merit. Your just to busy being bipolar and hatefull. Well, that and jerking off your dad two handed style.

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
If you want "merit" you should post on the boy scouts forum. You pervy fruit.

Correction, I would need three hands to jerk my dad off. :cool:

What do you use, the two finger method? :rolleyes:

Black Jack II
02-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Correction, I would need three hands to jerk my dad off.-

LOL.

f@ck something knocked off my java. icons wont click over.

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh! i got messege for you. your mom called. She is keeping your lunch warm....

... in her a hole.

Yao Sing
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Cut the crap Abel. Don't moan about trolls if you're gonna post stuff like this whenever you don't agree with a comment or thread.

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 03:44 PM
OH unclench..... :rolleyes:

unkokusai
02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Fat boy trolling again? Careful tubby, you might get run off here like every other forum...

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Stop looking in the mirror. :rolleyes: You're starting talk to yourself.

unkokusai
02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Brilliant retort. :rolleyes:

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Dude, for all we know you are a 500 pound bed ridden sore ass twinkie junky.

If I remeber correctly, you were boo-ed off of bullcrappoo too. So up your nose with fire hose, wakinoinoi.

unkokusai
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Dude, for all we know you are a 500 pound bed ridden sore ass twinkie junky. .

LOL. But we know for sure that you are!

unkokusai
02-02-2007, 07:21 PM
If I remeber correctly, you were boo-ed off of bullcrappoo too. So up your nose with fire hose, wakinoinoi.

You "remeber" incorrectly, fat boy.

SifuAbel
02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
LOL. But we know for sure that you are!

LOL. thats choice if I'm 500 pounds then fedor is a 1000. Or what you weigh.

You are concidered a bigger loser over there than you are over here. And thats a big accomplishment.

unkokusai
02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Is that why you were run off of that forum like you've been run off so many others, fat boy?

SifuAbel
02-03-2007, 02:37 AM
What "other" forums?

Drangonslist? That site is so lost its pathetic. Between kash's goofs and those praxis idiots, its unreadable. They're so loopy, they made YOU a mod. Now if that isn't ****tardy, I don't know what is. I was never banned from there.

Cyberkwoon? I stopped going to that dump years ago when they allowed a certain child molester to continue on thier forum. I was never banned from there.

Bullshido? Thats the biggest laugh on the planet. My problem with them is when the TROLLS took over and it became a kiddy pool for that punkfaag, aesopian. Getting banned from there is a badge of honor. Thats like being banned from jail.

And you were almost voted the biggest TROLL of 2006. Bwahahahahahahaha........

I'm still a member here, at Truth, and quite a few other places.

But wait, who am I addressing? The biggest cowardly LOSER on the net.

unkokusai
02-03-2007, 06:12 AM
What "other" forums?

Drangonslist?

Cyberkwoon?

Bullshido?

"What 'other' forums?" he says, and then proceeds to list several where he has been banned and/or chased off with his tail between his legs. Good job, fatty. :rolleyes:

Mr Punch
02-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Didn't realize I'd wandered onto the kindergarten forums! You all sound ****ing stupid.

Anyway, back to the thread: RD - you're wrong.

1) Stomping is allowed in Pride, Shooto and I think the UFC.

2) Lenny Mclean was a hardnut, as was Roy Shaw and the rest of these head-the-balls, but this old footage goes quite a long way to dispelling the myth that they were anything more than a gangster equivalent of the Tank Abbot of their day! Big fat sluggers all. They'd get owned by most pro-MMAers today.

3) Just look at youtube's little stash linked from those ones that BJ linked to. There's one fight on there, some no-mark hardcase against Roy Shaw, who tries a fair few shoddy tackles. Two things happen: a) he gets beaten senseless, which proves that ****ty grappling is ****ty. b) he gets Shaw down a couple of times, which proves that even ****ty wrestling can prevail to some extent against big hard boxers. Had he been allowed and had any skill on the ground the bout may well have ended up like the description of the early Virginian bareknuckle fights over on Journal of Manly Arts.

Mr Punch
02-03-2007, 08:21 AM
DJ, if you can't see any value of old style, not-so-rule-bound, famous hardcase fights on a MA forum, don't comment with your whining bull****. You think most the guys you fight on the street will ponce about like Jet Li? Oh, wait, you've probably never seen a fight on the street.

Black Jack II
02-03-2007, 11:13 AM
On the nose Mr. Punch,

What I think these clips showcase well, in terms of self defense, is a good example of fighting psychology. Great examples of using pure forward drive and aggression to get the job done.

Second it shows that not all boxing/martial punches need to be perfect, crisp and clean. In a number of regards I technically like some of the street educated slugger styles better.:D

Cheers

Yum Cha
02-04-2007, 06:07 PM
As Musashi says, "know your enemy and know yourself."

What value? Just another example of fighting closer to the real deal. Sport fightings' illusions are comparable to the "too deadly for the ring" illusions of some traditionalists. Neither side has a monopoly on self delusion.

It reinforces the conclusion that simple is better than complex. That brutality is a technique as well. And that mean and fit can make up for a lot of technical training.

Its in the same category as a Kimbo fight to me. Not my style, but reference for what is out there. For one example, just how many hard shots to the head it takes to drop a comitted fighter....

As for state of play in MMA, it brings to mind Bob Sapp. He takes on the more highly trained guys with "mean and fit" to some degree of success, you'd have to agree...