PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hi

Tadzio
10-01-2001, 05:39 AM
Hello guys. My name is Tadzio; this is my first time posting here, so I would like to introduce myself. I am a brazilian who lives in China. Here I train Xing Yiquan, Bagua Zhang and Tai Jiquan.
I have been posting in some forums for a while, especially at Emptyflower.
Well, it's just like that.
See u'round.

EARTH DRAGON
10-01-2001, 06:02 AM
welcome, hope you find this forum informative! how do you like china?

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Xebsball
10-01-2001, 08:59 AM
I have a few questions :)

Did you move to China to train martial arts or for other reason?
Is it expensive to live there?

-------------------------
I am the great grandmaster and Soke of RoShamBo south park style.
"I kick you in the nuts as hard as I can and then you kick me in the nuts as hard as you can."

http://www.kolumbus.fi/kick/downloads/videos/roshambo.htm

toddbringewatt
10-01-2001, 10:43 AM
Hello, Tadzio!!

Welcome!!! :)

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

Felipe Bido
10-01-2001, 03:25 PM
Good to see you here, man!

Welcome :)

Un ratón no pone su confianza en un solo hoyo.

Guandi
10-01-2001, 03:31 PM
Hi Tadzio

what is with your website -- is it still in development?

Guandi

Tadzio
10-01-2001, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, tnx for the welcome.
As for the questions, I came to China to go on studying wu shu and to study chinese language.
Life in China is something hard to describe; it feels like going through a dark hole in Brazil (in my case) and geting out of it in China. it's another universe, with its own rules, culture and way of life. It's amazing to live here, but also extremelly hard!
As for my site, I have all the material ready (it took me a long time!), but I didn't find a good place to host it. If u guys could give me a hand here...

T.

origenx
10-01-2001, 09:40 PM
Tadzio - learning the Big 3, eh? Awesome! Welcome! What city are you in?

iron thread
10-02-2001, 03:21 AM
Welcome to the Forum.

gazza99
10-02-2001, 04:24 AM
Welcome to the forum, a good place to get hosting for a site is A+ hosting, or freeservers.com , if you have just a small site you can get it for free. Good luck in China!! BTW, how do you make a living their? Is it easy for an english speaking person to get a job? Or do you have money and not have to worry about it? Just curious, id like to go their myself some day.
Kind Regards,
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

Paul Skrypichayko
10-02-2001, 04:29 AM
Hello Tadzio

Are you in Shanxi or Taiwan? I'm interested in your experiences as a foreigner in China. Care to tell the forum more about your life in China and your martial arts?

Another "yang ren" living and training in China is Jarek Szymanski. His webpage is http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SpiritSt/xinyi/ You might want to check it out.

Thanks, and good luck in China.

Tadzio
10-02-2001, 05:31 AM
I don't believe !!!! Iw rote a big message and when I was going to post it the computer just died!!!...here we go again.

Living in China it's really a life-time experience. It's very hard to describe it, as I said, but as you asked me, I will try to write a few lines about it.
The first 3 months a more like a dream. Although you are aware of the differences, they can't afect you so much, because your are so happy living your dream that almost nothing can disturb you. You are in China, doing the things you always wanted to; it's so marvellous that you end under a kind of anesthetic effect!
Well, after this period of time, you just begin to feel in your own skin what really is leaving in China. And I am not talking about Beijing, Shanghai or one of the big cities. No, I am talking about Taiyuan, capital of Shanxi province!
People have been staring at me for years now, everytime I go out of my house, especially when I am with my girlfriend, who is also chinese.
Doing things around here, you have to understand that you are in a place that is not under direct wester culture influence. The do things in their way here, and you'd better do the same, or else you won't do anything at all!
As for training, here is, once more, totlly different from, let's say, Beijing. I get the felling that most teachers in beijing were already affected by capitalist thoughts and are much more concerned about money than with any other thing. What I can say abouttraining here is very personal, so you can't generalize.
As I was formally accepted as a member of our XY family, I have a relation with my teacer that is almost like the old movies. I feel that I have much more that a teacher. Going to his house to eat, watch TV or just to hang out, I really ghave this " in the family " felling.
In the other hand, the do expect you to train hard, and you'd better do it!
Someone mentioned Jarek (sorry, don't remember who...). We exchanged e-mails a couple of times, and he seems to be a nice guy, with a great knowledge. Unfortunately, some sites are blocked here in china, and MSN is among them, so I can't opne his page. He can't too. Crazu , isn't it? That's China.
About my home page , I will check the places you suggested. Tnx!
As for working here, you you can speak English reaaly well, you cn find a job as a teacher her; it's easy. You will work for 14-20 hours a week and get a nice salary ( for China !) of 500 U$. Time to train? Sure! That's what I do. I teach English in a middle school. I am also majoring in chinese at the local provincial University.
Guess that's all.
See u guys.

T.