PDA

View Full Version : how you fight.

Shadow Skill
02-05-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdZXp0Tq6Jk

how would you defend yourself

xcakid
02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I would bust a move: First hit em up with a lil electric slide. Then transition to achy breaky heart line dancing. Then a lil bit of some pop lockin, lil east coast break dancin'. :D

Nah but seriously, I have seen capoiera done in a fighting application, I would definitely not mess with it lightly.

I always have my go to move of just running and screaming like a little girls yelling fiiiirrrreeee!!!! Yes people I have a black belt in south central l.a. run fu.

SevenStar
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Having been on the receiving end of some of those kicks, I know they hurt. The thing about these vids though is that they tend to never show the infighting, which capoeira has plenty of.

Jingwu Man
02-06-2007, 01:14 AM
All the Capoiera guys that I've sparred never knew what to make of short bursts of attacks straight up the middle, and if you can get to their backs, they're in trouble.
I personally think the idea of going up on your hands and kicking is ridiculously dangerous.

lonewolf
02-06-2007, 11:35 AM
i prefer some good old fashion break dance fighting. turn on some funk master flex and then you would see some real ****e!:eek:

msg
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
i have to agree with jingwu.man a blast down the senter line and useing my structure and energy to over take there center and up rooting them..........it seems the rely alot on momentum

TaiChiBob
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Greetings..

I watched a Mantis fighter sweep the Cap's hand stand.. it wasn't pretty..

Be well...

SPJ
02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
cool music, cool moves.

we always have to stand on at least one limb either the hand or the leg.

or we are on our back or tummie.

talking about rooting and uprooting--

--

:)

SevenStar
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
i have to agree with jingwu.man a blast down the senter line and useing my structure and energy to over take there center and up rooting them..........it seems the rely alot on momentum

you're looking at spinning kicks - of course they rely on momentum. yours do too. what they do is no different from anything else. their throws, elbows and knees are not momentum based. they are aware of their center and deceptive movements make it harder to hit. also, watch the ginga. one arm,bent at the elbow covers the face. the other swings in front of the body.

SevenStar
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
All the Capoiera guys that I've sparred never knew what to make of short bursts of attacks straight up the middle, and if you can get to their backs, they're in trouble.
I personally think the idea of going up on your hands and kicking is ridiculously dangerous.

that's a group thing. not all groups subscribe to those kicks. the group here teaches and stresses basics that are sound for fighting. they don't teach the rest until later.

Shaolinlueb
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
capoeira is so much fun.

first i would have every one chant/sing "ba na na way, ba na na way bata na."

and then we would put knives on our feet and go at it. i would most likely die.