PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Columbus

Sifu Darkfist
02-06-2007, 06:54 AM
There will be a great san shou event in columbus ohio. The WUMA lead by the Korean arts grandmasters have continued to provide us CMA people with the opportunity to show the world of martial arts just what san shou is.

The website is http://www.bocworldgames.com/main%20frameset.htm

at the bottom of the cma division form is the san shou divisions etc.

The CMA events are being coorinated by my Shifu Tony Yang. So integrity is of the utmost importance in this endeavor.

For questions regarding San Shou participation rules etc direct them to me.
Email at sifu@wutangbrunswick.com

leave a phone number if you like and a time to contact you.

If you want to enjoy the city after the event i am always up for that as well
James

Suntzu
02-06-2007, 10:03 AM
we definitly want to participate in this event.....

lkfmdc
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
There will be a great san shou event in columbus ohio. The WUMA lead by the Korean arts grandmasters have continued to provide us CMA people with the opportunity to show the world of martial arts just what san shou is.

I hate to rain on your parade, but after three years of going to BOC we stopped because the "grandmasters" treated all the San Shou/San Da people like crap. They were more than happy to take our money of course, then not provide us with any place to warm up, make the coaches pay to enter, interrupt competition to do a 3 hour demo and various and assorted disgraces

It's a free country of course, but if you ask my advice, NO ONE SHOULD SUPPORT THE BOC. You might also consider that none of the san da teams attend any more....

lkfmdc
02-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Read about one year's debacle here

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/aboc.html

Sifu Darkfist
02-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I hate to rain on your parade, but after three years of going to BOC we stopped because the "grandmasters" treated all the San Shou/San Da people like crap. They were more than happy to take our money of course, then not provide us with any place to warm up, make the coaches pay to enter, interrupt competition to do a 3 hour demo and various and assorted disgraces

It's a free country of course, but if you ask my advice, NO ONE SHOULD SUPPORT THE BOC. You might also consider that none of the san da teams attend any more....

It is no longer connected to the Arnold classic for the same reasons
Well I am happy that you brought up past difficulties
I am going to make sure that the San Shou/ san da people are treated differently.
There is a great opportunity here for guys to test their skills in a nice central location. I have been asked to work on behalf Of Master Tony Yang and i can honestly say their will be no chance of disrespect esp. of someone as worthy as you as well as anyone that would want to compete

IF their is any way i can I would like to get alot of ohio involved so that we can network with each other for other tournaments. i can tell you that it will give guys a chance to fight other styles because it is open (san shou) to all styles.

As for problems For judges or coaches paying to get in, this i will not allow if i am to be involved at all.

Here is the website for what it is worth
http://www.bocworldgames.com/main%20frameset.htm

Also Coach Ross what are your feelings on holding it on the Lei tai platform?
This tournament could be great once again if those that are important to our art get involved and change attitudes. At somepoint we should consider trying to redraw alliances in order to benefit all.