PDA

View Full Version : . . . and we're back!

@PLUGO
02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
sorry for the break in service. We're still looking into WHY we went off line. But at least we're back. Carry on.

lunghushan
02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
sorry for the break in service. We're still looking into WHY we went off line. But at least we're back. Carry on.

You might have gotten hacked. Looking for the config file in /dev/null seems a bit suspicious.

Actually, thinking about web server scripts, the most probable thing is some admin fat-fingered the startup script and instead of redirecting stdout to /dev/null it was looking for config in /dev/null. But if there wasn't that type of activity going on then it seems suspicious.

What did you do to get it back? Did you re-install the web server, or did you get the web server directory off of backups and then restart or something?

SifuAbel
02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Whatever you did. Its making the board lightning fast, for now.

Shaolinlueb
02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah it is fast. it was slower than sh*t. thank god it crashed. wait they must have compromised all our personal info that we keep on here. :rolleyes:

IronWeasel
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
yeah it is fast. it was slower than sh*t. thank god it crashed. wait they must have compromised all our personal info that we keep on here. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they probably got the info on all of the user accounts but half of the members here are actually Lunghushan...:p

lunghushan
02-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, they probably got the info on all of the user accounts but half of the members here are actually Lunghushan...:p

It must have been the government in league with the aliens ... they were trying to track down Sifu Abel so they could stick probes up his ass.

SPJ
02-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I had a very bad cold into the 2nd week.

heavily on cold meds.

did not even know the board was down.

--

:eek: :D

CLFLPstudent
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
What did you do to get it back? Did you re-install the web server, or did you get the web server directory off of backups and then restart or something?

The big question is what did you do during the 4 hour downtime Lunghushan? It must have driven you crazy being unable to post. I bet your ppd ratio has dropped because of this!:D I see you've been on the rampage getting it back up there since the forum came back online.....

-David

lunghushan
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
The big question is what did you do during the 4 hour downtime Lunghushan? It must have driven you crazy being unable to post. I bet your ppd ratio has dropped because of this!:D I see you've been on the rampage getting it back up there since the forum came back online.....

-David

I just hit reload over and over again ... my finger's really sore now.

Shaolinlueb
02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I just hit reload over and over again ... my finger's really sore now.

****, just think its better for your poking power.

lunghushan
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
****, just think its better for your poking power.

Poking ain't in the UFC, so it don't work. In a real street fight, somebody gets poked in the eye, they'll all stop because everybody knows that poking somebody in the eye ain't cool.

D-FENS
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I didn't even know it was down. I was watching RoboCop.