PDA

View Full Version : Training scheduling question

moroboshi
02-08-2007, 04:18 PM
This is mostly kung fu/tai chi related, but also just a question about making up a schedule of workouts and fitting it into your already busy life schedule.

I was wondering how other people manage all of the different exercises/forms that you learn. As you study martial arts, you accumulate so much knowledge, that it's hard to practice everything you know in one workout session (or if you do, you may not be getting an effective practice session if you say, spend 5 minutes on each exercise or something).

I was wondering how others split up their workout times so that they can make their practice effective. I hope I'm being clear, this seems like it's a hard question to phrase.

I was thinking about doing something like concentrating on two forms a week (one weapon and one empty hand) among other exercises and such...

Thanks.

SevenStar
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
time management, bud. I keep my weight training and ma training separate. what and how u train duringyour sessions will depend on your goals,be they fitness, technique improvement, etc.