PDA

View Full Version : New 419 Scam with Martial Arts?

Eddie
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I been receiving the same email from different people. It seem that its also one of those Nigerian scams where the sender actually try to get your bank details in order to commit fraud. This time it seems they are targeting Martial Arts Schools. Take a look at this :

Sent: 09 February 2007 09:27 PM
To: mail@martialarts.co.za
Subject: Jiu Jitsu Lesson

Hello,
I am Mr Desmon David from UK. My Son (Mike) is coming to stay for some couple of Month in the USA and he loves Sport,I want you to help me teaching him lesson. I got your profile from a Sport teaching directory.Note:my Son Mike is just 15 years old and he is a beginner. So,please teach him well.The arrangement for his accomodation will be made near you,so that the lesson will be confortable for the both of you.He will arrive there Second week in Febuary. Let me know your charges cost per month in other for me to arrange for his payment before he travells down to your side. The payment will be made with check from my associate.He will be staying there for 3 months and I want Him to learn for that 3 months.

Please Advise back on:

1. The cost for the lesson (For the 3 months) and books (if needed)
2. The complete details for the payment(Name address and cell phone number).

I look up to your reply regarding that.

Regards,
Desmon David
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And :

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05 February 2007 10:56 PM
To: jojohn222us@outgun.com
Subject: martial art mauy instructor

Hello,
I'm Johnson mark and i came across your advert as a Martial Instructor. I will like to confirm if my 16years old son can join you in your class,as i will like you to give me your phone number for easy communications and more information abour Martial art. My son love the art so much, that he can wait to have a tutor. I will like you to train him self defence

Note that i will rent an apartment for my son very close to you where he will be meeting you for the lessons.

Also, kindly tell me the specific one you teach in the art. All this preferably: Kickboxing, Karate; Tae Kwon Do; Judo; Kung Fu; Hapkido.

Regards and hope to hear from you soon.

=
Hill Country Homes Close to San Antonio
Experience the beauty of Helotes at Los Reyes Canyons. Nestled in the spectacular surroundings of Helotes and the Texas Hill Country. 1 to 3 acre homesites with panoramic views.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=c62053ae4e099bc687496bc54f59 da11

lkfmdc
02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Someone explained to me how the scam might potentially work, but honestly I forgot :confused: Suffice to say, just delete these emails

Eddie
02-09-2007, 12:45 PM
yeah i know. just weird to see that they are targeting martial arts schools now

Royal Dragon
02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
After he plays you a bit, he will offer to wire you the lesson fee's. He needs account info to do that. Instead of wireing money INTO your account, he will drain it.

lkfmdc
02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
I;'ve gotten into the habit of responding the the Nigerian princes by telling them I run a wire transfer company and that if they give me THEIR info, I'll take care of it for them.... they disappear quickly :p

Royal Dragon
02-09-2007, 02:11 PM
G get in my moods where I string them along as absolutely as long as I can wihtout giving them anyhting but wasted time...because I am just a jerk like that! :D

lkfmdc
02-09-2007, 02:23 PM
a couple of times I gave them fun phone numbers to call and get in touch with me

1800URAFOOL

1877URAJERK

they actually dialed them and then emailed me back to check the number

David Jamieson
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
respond and tell him to give the cash to the kid to bring and he has to pay for the whole 3 months up front or the deals off.

lol

@PLUGO
02-09-2007, 04:21 PM
well I suppose this is the best time to offer this: 419eater.com (http://www.419eater.com/)

lkfmdc
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
ok, take a minute and you MUST read this

http://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm

which results in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvyrzQldOKE

lunghushan
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't really get how the 419 scammers make any money. Do people send them money or what?

lunghushan
02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
After he plays you a bit, he will offer to wire you the lesson fee's. He needs account info to do that. Instead of wireing money INTO your account, he will drain it.

Don't banks check I.D. or anything? I mean, I've wired $ to people's business accounts before because it was quicker than sending a check or something.

Can you really drain an account just with the account#?

Shaolin Wookie
02-10-2007, 06:49 AM

Yeah...but you could consider yourself a hero. The more time they spend messing with you, the less time they have to mess w/ someone who doesn't know any better.;)

lkfmdc
02-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I just played with two this morning, amazing how dim they are... I told one guy "what happened with the package you promised to send me?" (and this was his first email to me)... he apologized and sent me a tracking number... I told him it was the wrong number and if he didn't start getting it together I was going to work with his business rival, so he apologized ;)

ChinoXL
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
can they really drain your account with just the number?

Oso
02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
i used to get emails from some sort of ma supply company in iran or someplace like that.

now i keep getting the same two bogus ebay emails every other day from some guy saying he doesn't understand why i haven't sent the product since he sent me the money. the other email is a slightly different worded one but about the same product...which I actually went to ebay manually and checked the item #. it was some women's clothing?????

Oso
02-11-2007, 02:17 PM
ok, take a minute and you MUST read this

http://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm

which results in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvyrzQldOKE

omfg...i just ****ed myself...that's my favorite Python skit...