PDA

View Full Version : just trying to get a better understanding...

Aeturnal
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
im trying to decide whether i wanna venture into mantis or wing chun.....wing chun seems praised for its straightforward attitude and effectiveness.....i dont know too much about mantis, its looks rather complicated but i hears its very effective. any opinions on how they compare?

The Xia
02-11-2007, 10:35 PM
There are numerous mantis styles Aeturnal. Which one do you have in mind? As for choosing a style, assuming you have a pool of good teachers, pick one (or more) that suits you. That’s what counts.

Hishaam
02-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Nothing better than trying a style firsthand, try them both and make your final decision, because how you feel about the environment where you'll be training can be a very important factor.
I myself just started training in wing chun, anyway two interesting MAs to choose from.
Good luck

couch
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Nothing better than trying a style firsthand, try them both and make your final decision, because how you feel about the environment where you'll be training can be a very important factor.
I myself just started training in wing chun, anyway two interesting MAs to choose from.
Good luck

Don't be afraid to try something first and then try something else after.

I would recommend at least 3 months before dojo-hopping.

Try before you buy!

Best,
Kenton Sefcik