02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
:(

:mad:

FuXnDajenariht
02-12-2007, 01:15 PM
that was the most awesome thing ever. :D

they're on to sumthin, maybe bears will bring sum life to boxing. what a snooze fest its become. :rolleyes:

FuXnDajenariht
02-12-2007, 01:20 PM
and really, for those people complaining. have you seen bear cubs playing in the wild? it gets alot rougher than that. they bite, claw and slap each other around constantly. i'd say putting gloves on them and letting them paw at each other is no more harmful than their natural rough housing. do ya really think you could teach a bear to box?

Black Jack II
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
lmao. wonder who thought of the idea.

djcaldwell
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
and really, for those people complaining. have you seen bear cubs playing in the wild? it gets alot rougher than that. they bite, claw and slap each other around constantly. i'd say putting gloves on them and letting them paw at each other is no more harmful than their natural rough housing. do ya really think you could teach a bear to box?

That is natural - it's part of the whole chain in their existance. Their play teaches them that which they will require when they get older as is with every other "wild" creature. Hell, even domestics still play in establishing their dominance. The fact still remains that we as the "superior" species are arrogant and lack respect for anything we feel is beneath us.

I'm not interested in protecting bears or any creatures from what they do in their natural enviroment - just don't think it's cool to dress animals up and make them perform for our amusement - and yes - I'm not a big circus fan - I live for the times when an elephant steps on someone or a tiger eats it's "tamer".

That said - it's a KF forum so I'm not going to get into a whole animal vs. man debate.

Meat Shake
02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
PETA would have a field day...

That being said...
Wow. That was pretty **** cute.

I have 2 cats. They fight constantly.
They wear collars.
I laugh.
They fight.
I laugh more.
Should I feel bad?
:confused: :confused: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Oso
02-13-2007, 05:37 AM
no, you shouldn't feel bad about laughing at your cats fighting.

you're not forcing it or training them to do so in any way.

those bear cubs would of course fight with each other in the wild...but that's a survival trait so that they are able to stay alive and procreate later.

any situation where people (and i use that term loosely) train animals to fight for their entertainment or monetary gain (dogfighting, c o c k fighting, mantids, crickets...) is horrible.

mainly, I think, because very few if any of those people would be willing to train to fight themselves. certainly not to the point where dog fighting and c o c k fighting are taken to.

FuXnDajenariht
02-13-2007, 09:30 PM
lol they're just pawing each other bro. its nothing like a ****fight or dogfight. theres absolutely no bloodshed going on. and certainly no one is dying. i even bet their were little kids in the audience. its just a cute little mock boxing match. thats just my opinion though. i see it as harmless but others apparently dont. cest la vie.

would you not take your little kid to see shamoo or however you spell that killer whales name? they force him/her to do things against its will for monetary gain and entertainment....

Meat Shake
02-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Indeed.
Zoo's too.
Sure its a little sad, but those animals are well loved by caretakers at the zoo, and it gives all of us a chance to see first hand what otherwise would never be possible.
It give lower income families the ability to see the congo, the sahara, and the deepest jungles of africa all without leaving the state.

And yes, those bears were **** cute.

Oso
02-14-2007, 06:01 AM
zoo's generally have the stated purpose of maintaining the animals for education, apreciation and preservation.

I don't particularly agree with animal shows period but there is still something wrong with that bear cub boxing...bears naturally clinch to throw/takedown for some good basic ground and pound. they eschew the standup.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
they do a trick, they get the food, this is enough to keep a lot of animals content.

humans included.

Oso
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
that's true

i'm not debating what anyone else thinks about it, just stating my opinion.