PDA

View Full Version : Liu Ho Pa Fa - Six Harmonies, Eight Methods

dedalus
10-05-2001, 04:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone has information about this sytem?

I was looking over the website www.liuhopafa.com (http://www.liuhopafa.com) and became interested... especially at the references to the Dragon vs Tiger form (possibly another pauchui?).

Does anyone on the forum actually train in this art? It seems somewhat obscure, although I've seen references to it at Mike Patterson's site too.

Water Dragon
10-05-2001, 04:23 AM
I've played with it. To me, it feels like Taiji with tighter spirals and more coiling. The form feels more momentum based (following the flow of the movements and letting the coils lead you)

Ask Drake, he has more info on the system. He's a student of Choi.

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

Stranger
10-05-2001, 04:31 AM
Mike Patterson has some mpeg vids. of it at vids. (http://www.hsing-i.com)

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

swmngdragn
10-05-2001, 05:04 AM
Hi, Dadalus.

>I was wondering if anyone has information >about this sytem?

What were you looking for in particular?

>I was looking over the website >www.liuhopafa.com and became >interested... especially at the references to >the Dragon vs Tiger form (possibly another >pauchui?).

No it's not another pao chui. It's based on certain movements in the long form, and further extrapolates on this information.

>Does anyone on the forum actually train in >this art? It seems somewhat obscure, >although I've seen references to it at Mike >Patterson's site too.

I do. It is. Sifu Patterson's LHPF is incorrect in relation to the actual lineage heads methods. (no offense to any of Mr. Patterson's students, or him. He can only perform what he's been shown, after all.)

>Water Dragon:

>I've played with it. To me, it feels like Taiji >with tighter spirals and more coiling. The >form feels more momentum based >(following the flow of the movements and >letting the coils lead you)

Hmmmm...... I believe you're missing quite a bit. In fact I *know* it. :) I think you need to come in for a tune up.

>Stranger:

>Mike Patterson has some mpeg vids. of it at >vids.

See above. :P

Best regards,
R. Drake Sansone
(swmngdragn@home.com)
http://www.liuhopafa.com/
"Train, or go to hell." Terry W.

Water Dragon
10-05-2001, 04:58 PM
Ahhh Drake,
But you need to look back at my post. I've played with it. That's different than studying it. We've had this conversation before. If something is good, I'll use it. What I've felt was good stuff and that's fine for me.

Everyone knows who and what Choi is. In fact, I sent him a student just yesterday by referral. Just because one person has the whole thing, doesn't mean that others can't give valuable pieces.

swmngdragn
10-06-2001, 06:02 PM
WD,

>Ahhh Drake,
>But you need to look back at my post. I've >played with it. That's different than studying it. >We've had this conversation before. If >something is good, I'll use it. What I've felt >was good stuff and that's fine for me.

Agree whole heartedly, m'man. Honestly.

>Everyone knows who and what Choi is. In >fact, I sent him a student just yesterday by >referral. Just because one person has the >whole thing, doesn't mean that others can't >give valuable pieces.

I'm certain he appreciates the new student. Providing he "signs up". It *still* doesn't mean I can't tease you a little bit. :)

Best regards,
R. Drake Sansone
(swmngdragn@home.com)
http://www.liuhopafa.com/
"Train, or go to hell." Terry W.

Water Dragon
10-06-2001, 10:32 PM
It's all love Drake. And if that really was an offer for a tune up, I'll definately take you up on it. Besides, you and Barry have closer ties to my people than you may think. My teacher threw Barry hard enough once to leave the imprint of his t-shirt logo on the mat. Well, that and you had a "reunion" with the cureent head of my stuff on here once ;)

MonkeySlap Too
10-07-2001, 08:37 PM
But, uh, said person has no connection to LHPF other than being friends or aquantices with a couple of the headbangers over there.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Water Dragon
10-07-2001, 08:41 PM
Yes, the above comment is true. I like to travel in multiple circles. Fortunately, each of those circles has something very valuable to offer, even if it appears very different on the surface.