PDA

View Full Version : I am looking to buy a copy of Hsing-i kung Fu, Vol. I by Tim Tackett

Stranger
10-05-2001, 07:06 AM
If you have a copy, let me know what price you'd be willing to sell it for. It is out of print.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

wufupaul
10-05-2001, 09:57 AM
Man, I've been looking for that book for the past five years, I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Good luck with the search, hehe.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life. IT GOES ON.

Mark M
10-06-2001, 10:04 PM
I believe I have a copy of that book that I don't need. E-mail me at MMonsrone@aol.com

Mark M
10-06-2001, 10:06 PM
That should be MMondrone@aol.com

Eight Diagram Boxer
10-08-2001, 03:12 PM
I had it but I sold it, I wasn't very impressed by it.

Rockwood
10-09-2001, 12:08 AM
Ive seen that book go by many times on abe.com. Im sure they can hook you up.

What I need is a copy of John Price's book,
"Masters Manual Of Hsing-I Chuan Kung Fu"
ANybody seen it?
-Jess

Mojo
10-09-2001, 12:19 AM
re: Masters Manual of Hsing-I by John Price
Rockwood, I'm a student of Shyrfu Price and I could send you a photocopy of it. Of course, you'd have to pay for the copying and the mailing costs.
Interested ?

Rockwood
10-09-2001, 03:36 AM
Hi Mojo!

Wow! That would be awesome! Are you up in Redding? I would have asked your teacher directly but his website seems to have disappeared. I am interested in what you have trained in with him. Is it the Tang Shou Tao cirriculum that he learned from Hsu Hong Chi? Ive seen a bit of that stuff in the past, the preliminary forms like Ba Bu Da, Ba Tang Chuan, Ba Shou, Ba Lien Shou, Ba Ti, and others. Those are cool sets. Really build the basics of Chinese martial art before delving into the classical Hsing I. I think this is a cool way to go about it. It is truly a deep art.
I have a bunch of books, etc. I would be down to trade with you if I have anything of interest, or else I would be happy to send cash. Lemme know, my email is below!!
Thanks again,
Jess
xingyiquan5@yahoo.com?

origenx
10-09-2001, 08:05 PM
Yo mojo - could you please email me the cost of the book as well? I might be interested...thanks!

Mojo
10-09-2001, 08:28 PM
It's a pretty good book, with photos of Master Hsu Hong Chi performing the 5 elements and the first english translation published of the 'songs of the 5 elements'.
It's also got photos of one of our fellow posters, Monkey is an old student of Shyrfu John Price and is in some of the photos. There's even a few photos of Jim McNeil when he was a student of Shyrfu Price.
Let me look into the cost copying it, and I'll get Shyrfu Prices permission, and I'll get back to whoever wants a copy.

Mojo
10-09-2001, 08:35 PM
Rockwood
I live in the L.A. area and study now from Monkey, a student of Shyrfu Price from back in the '70s.
I've learned the entire Tang Shou Tao curriculum, all the shaolin sets and, of course, all the Hsing-I sets including 2 Hsing-I staff sets. Shyrfu Price learned one of them, Jo Torn Bang, when he was a student of Master Hung I Shung. I don't believe any of Master Hsu's other students ever learned this one. It's awsome.

Rockwood
10-09-2001, 10:11 PM
Wow! I had no idea that Master Hsu is in the book, it must be a real treasure!

I've always heard that although his practice was soft and light, his attacks hit with tremendous force. Thats what were trying to get in this martial art! It seems that his martial arts have had a large influence on what we Americans know about Chinese martial arts. He was a great pioneer.

The TST sets are a great group, thats cool that you got to do the whole series. I love the comprehensve training program, it really builds the skills in a systematic way. Ive learned some Gao style Baguazhang, and you can see that theres a whole lot of influence in the 8step sets and the Shaolin sets from the straight line Bagua sets.

If you can get Shrfu Price to agree, please Email me and I can give you the lowdown on some possible trades. I'll send him a royalty too!

-Jess

ˇ

Heng
10-10-2001, 05:36 PM
Has Sifu Price relocated his website?

I communicated via e-mail with Sifu Price last year at which time he indicated that he was
working on possibly re-releasing his book. Does anyone know if this is still a
possibility?

Mojo
10-11-2001, 01:08 AM
Shyrfu Price's web site is down and will be for the next few weeks. His provider had been sold to another company and he didn't feel the new company was doing a good job.
This means, of course, that he will have a new URL which I will post here as soon as it is up.
He is also redoing his site so it should have a whole new look.( maybe even some videos, I hope, I hope )
He can be e-mailed at j.l.price@digital-star.com

Mojo
10-11-2001, 09:27 PM
O.K.
I've gotten Shyrfu Price's permission to copy the book for you guys. I'll bring it to work next week and see if I can manage to use our copier.
Next update = next week

Rockwood
10-11-2001, 10:21 PM
Mojo-
Thanks, we are looking forward too it!

-Jessp

Mark M
10-16-2001, 01:11 PM
Please resend your address, I mistakenly deleted it. Thanks, Mark

Mojo
10-17-2001, 10:46 PM
Sorry guys
I have been kinda busy at work this week and never got a chance to copy the book. I'll get to it first thing next week.

Tangsoo
10-19-2001, 03:46 PM
After, I had the book printed the first time I left the prints and plates in Torrance, Ca. with the printer. They have long since been discarded. I am having to re-produce the entire book. I can scan some parts of it but not much. It should be ready this year.
John P.

Mojo
10-25-2001, 07:33 PM
I've got the first 30 pages copied. Only 35 more to go. But I need to wait until next week to finish copying the whole book, to many people around right now at work for me to complete this.
I should have this finished by next Tuesday.
:cool:

Rockwood
10-25-2001, 08:35 PM
Thanks Mojo, keep it on the down low! Let us know where to send the $$, and lots of it :).
-Jessµ

Mojo
10-28-2001, 10:51 PM
Rockwood and origenex
The book copying has been completed. I'm ready to mail it/them out.
I have 2 copies available.
Rockwood, Your e-mail address is not in your profile. I am interested in exchanging this for something else, but I need to know what you have to offer.
Origenex, are you still interested ? Do you have anything interesting to trade, or would you just like to pay ( shipping ) for a copy ?

Rockwood
10-28-2001, 11:47 PM
Howdy, my email is xingyiquan5@yahoo.com.

Drop me a line when you can! Thanks.

-Jess