PDA

View Full Version : Deng feng school directory??

Songshan
02-13-2007, 11:22 AM
If anyone can help, I am trying to locate a good address or phone number to a school possibly in Deng feng. The master was Shi De Li and they came through the states a few yrs ago on a tour. Unfortunately, I was not able to obtain a name or phone number of the school. I am not sure if they have moved or not.

So is there any kind of a resource or directory of all the shaolin schools in Deng Feng?

GeneChing
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
There's a potentially racially-insensitive pun to be made about China and the Yellow pages, but I'm going to just let that one lie. In short, there is no directory that I know of.

The closest thing to a directory was something that I made and published in our 2003 Shaolin Special (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=397) - So You Want to Train at Shaolin? Your Guide to Dengfeng and New Shaolin Village. I built that map myself because at the time, no such thing existed. It was built from several scrapes of information - a shoddy tourist map and photos of the posted maps for the bus routes, along with me walking all over Dengfeng to document where things were and talking to a lot of people (the fact that there was no bus line #4 & #5 drove me freaking bonkers until some one explained why). I only listed about 10 of the 70 schools in 2003.

Of course, after 4 years, this map is now out of date. My own master, Shi Decheng has a second school somewhere in the NE portion of the city. And I know several things have moved. Twenty schools have closed and several new things have been constructed. Change happens quickly in Dengfeng.

But even if you had a map, it would be tough to locate Deli's school since it might not be named after him. What's more, because the Shaolin names are limited, there's a chance that there's more than one Deli. It's very hard to chase some one down in China without contact info unless they are very, very prominent.

johngreenhow
02-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Contacting the Deng Feng CITS might also lead to some results.

Shaolin Wookie
02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Here's a site, maybe it'll help. From what I know, most people just show up in Deng Feng and are like: Teach me, obi wan......

If you have cash, you will go far....

http://www.shaolin-wushu.de/en/main_fr.htm?reise-tips.htm