Shaolinlueb
02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
i cant wait actually.

yutyeesam
04-02-2007, 11:17 PM
ttt
An interview with directors Tarantino & Rodriguez:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceR4ODJYhn8

If there's anyone that can sell exploitation flicks to hollywood and mainstream...

Maybe this could give rise to the Double Feature concept??
Nah. It's about as likely as Kill Bill getting more people to make Kung-Fu movies.

doug maverick
04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
i was trying to get my friend to under stand the concept of grindhouse films. but he just didn't gert and said the movie is going to suck and its going to be corny blah blah and i was like well whatever man i'm still going to see it. two feature films for the price of one can't beat that with a stick. i remember when i was a kid they had the 24 hour kung fu movie theater on forty deuce. and my mom took me and my brother their thinking we were going to sick of kung fu film(that blew up in her face, thats like making a kid sick of cigarette by making smoke a whole pack) we use to sneak down there every weekend. i miss those days

zhangxihuan
04-04-2007, 07:16 AM
i'll probably rent it....in my area films cost around 11.00 to go see... (too much $$). I liked Tarantino's last outing (Kill Bill-right who doesn't?")... But I'm not much of a Rodriguez fan... However, the girl with the gun for a leg does sound interesting...

doug maverick
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
there promoting the hell out of this they showed the same special botrh on bet and the scifi channel at the same time. i was glad to see it i got to see more of QT's film because in the trailers they mostly show roberts rodriguez's film. roberts film is gonna look all scratchy like those bad prints they use to have at grindhouse theaters. QT is saying his car chase scene is the car chase to end all car chase's. it cool that the star is an actual stunt women(she was uma's double on kill bill) so thou i think both films are gonna be corny and cheesy as hell. what do you expect from a grindhouse film.

GeneChing
04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
We just posted our latest e-zine article: GRINDHOUSE – A Kickass Churned-Out Film from Yesteryear (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=705) by Dr. Craig Reid.

firepalm
04-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Saw it this evening, thoroughly enjoyed. Recommend it, especially if you are of the age that remembers drive in movie theaters & double bills on the weekend. Real fun ride!

doug maverick
04-07-2007, 09:03 AM
it was good, i mean for that type of film anyway. the fact is you go to watch the film knowing its going to be bad and thats what makes it so good. my girl was cringing on all the gory parts in planet terror( so was i, that sh!t was gross) and we both thought that death proof was the better film, for dialoque(tracie thom steals the show, and having an actual stunt women like zoe bell in it doing her own stunts is shear genuis) don't want to ruin it but the end of death proof is one of the best ending i've ever seen. so if you haven't seen it yet go see. i'm gonna go watch it again today with some of boys we plan on sneaking in some chicken n' beer. to real make it feel like the old days.

best line ever uttered in a film.
I'm going to get my D!ck wet-QT in planet terror

Shaolinlueb
04-07-2007, 03:41 PM
i saw it last night.

the trailers were awesome!!!!

thanksgiving was the best. and machette.

doug maverick
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
this is gonna be roberts next flick after sin 2-3 which are coming out in the same year in 08

PunkRockMantis
04-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Rose Mcgowan with a machine gun leg.... thats a MUST SEE.:eek:
planet terror was better than death proof, but both were very good, if you dig that kinda stuff

Jimbo
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I liked it. I liked the overall pacing of Planet Terror better, but I thought Death Proof (once it actually gets going) was more entertaining. I don't always like Tarantino's films because of the nonstop inane talking; in some cases it makes certain characters seem like they're stalling. One big example to me was Carradine in Kill Bill 2; he talked and talked to fill film time, and in the end "Bill's" quick easy death made it seem like he was just talking because he was actually intimidated by The Bride. However, for most Tarantino fans, the constant chatter is one of the things that characterize his films and make them popular.

Most of the actors in Death Proof were doing a lot of the stunts themselves, and it is quite an adrenalin rush.

I really liked the very end of Death Proof that pays homage to the old '70s kung fu movie endings.

doug maverick
04-11-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah that was a great ending. planet terror was more of a short film, tarrintino's was more like a really short film and a really short sequal to the first short. but it did have a better ending then PT.

@PLUGO
04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Hollywood analyses GRINDHOUSE’s box office failure — a mere $11 mil at the box office. (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/what-went-so-wrong-with-grindhouse/)

Weinstein pointed to several reasons why Grindhouse did so poorly in theaters over Easter weekend. “Our research showed the length kept people away. It was the single biggest deterrent. It was 3 hours and 12 minutes long. We originally intended to get it all in in 2 hours, 30 minutes. That would have been a better time. But the movies ran longer, the [fake] trailers ran longer, everything ran longer,”

“We didn’t educate the South or Midwest. In the West and the East, the movie played well. It played well in strong urban settings. But we missed the boat on the Midwest and the South.”

thoughts?

Shaolinlueb
04-11-2007, 12:12 PM
not too many buffs out there.

mickey
04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Greetings,

I am not surprised at the poor showing at the movies. I think everybody, myself included, is waiting for the uncut version to come out on dvd. They should have never cut the film in the first place. I do not think time had anything to do with it.

mickey

FuXnDajenariht
04-14-2007, 10:38 AM
wouldn't it of been simpler to just give an intermission, so you dont have to cut scenes but audiences get a break?

ittokaos
04-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Good Afternoon,

I saw it last night and it was a very interesting film(s).

Death Proof was indeed the better of the 2.

My girl is probably still traumatized by the previews.

Thanksgiving was just wrong. HAHa.

Anyway, I recommend. Sucks that virtually no one else does. I think that people don't understand that it is supposed to be cheesy and stupid. That's the best part.

I hope this helps,

WF

Jimbo
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I think the cuts were put in there as part of the movie, because those happened all the time to movies back in the days of the grindhouses. It was a perfect simulation. Though I'm certain when the DVD comes out, they'll have all the 'cut' scenes as extras.

yutyeesam
04-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Just saw it. Rodriguez's film was great! Tarantino's movie just didn't have you caring about the characters, which is very uncharacteristic of his style.

But, in the spirit of double features, usually one's pretty good, and the other is kinda lame. Kinda like those Black Belt Theatre DVD's that were put out.

So....I think this is next for Tarantino:
http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/04/03/63@211990.htm

jethro
04-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Check out the GZ Tiger Over Wall and Goose Boxer double feature. Freaking awesome.

I thought PLanet Terror was a good cheesy movie, but death Proof put me to sleep. I did like the references to Gone In 60 Seconds, the greatest action movie ever made IMO. And not that Angelina Jolie sh!t.

Black Jack II
04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Tarantino's movie just didn't have you caring about the characters, which is very uncharacteristic of his style.

Disagree, the first batch of girls people tended to really get involved in, which was the point before they got wasted by Stuntman Mike, it added to the fast shock value of seeing the girls get wasted.

I liked both but Death Proof was my favorite and the best fake movie was Thanksgiving by Eli Roth.

yutyeesam
04-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Disagree, the first batch of girls people tended to really get involved in, which was the point before they got wasted by Stuntman Mike, it added to the fast shock value of seeing the girls get wasted.

Well, the screening I went to, we all cheered when the girls got wasted because they were annoying the pizz out of everyone. But if you got involved in with the first batch of girls, more power to you. I believe the overwhelming majority of those who saw Grindhouse agrees that Planet Terror was the better of the two. It just seemed like Quentin wasn't really trying with Death Proof.

But if you dug it, then you're probably seeing and appreciating nuances that we're not.
Perhaps it's one of those things that just needs some repeated viewings to get into.

jethro
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
The girls were annoying, but not as much as the second group. I actually yelled shutup at the movie screen.