PDA

View Full Version : Don't miss this.....

mickey
02-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Greetings,

It is the Lohan Book by Sheng Xiao Dao Ren:

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/lionbks/lb_kungfu2.htm

mickey

K.Brazier
02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks,
I have been working on this book for years

Kevin

http://www.plumflowermantisboxing.com/

Oso
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
:D

I'll wait for Kevin's english translation

though, if I had the money, i'd almost every book at plumpub just to say i did

K.Brazier
02-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, this new version that has been made public has spurred my commitment and motivation to finally finish this thing.

I can actually see that I might finish someday.

When I started I thought it impossible.
Up to now the existanc of this book(actually two) has been in dispute.
This proves that these books exist and that they will be seen b the light of day.

With the help of MArtist and historian Robert Hui we will make the English version superior to the Chinese in almost everyway. All except the rhyming verse.

When Chinese see this book they are utterly befuddled as to the meaning of the verse.
Not only will this translation solve that problem, but also point out historical facts of interest.
For example,
Robert has pointed out that one of the Shaolin Dieties mentioned here is actually Alexander the great.

Something that the old monks of Shaolin were surely ignorant of.
A lot of resource material has gone into this trnslation. Fo example, the origianl dispute betwen buddhists and Taoists before the emperor that started the whole 18 masters of Shaolin. Though the story is still that, a story, but the actual arguments and imperial commands to return Buddhist temples is closer to verifiable fact.

Also, A collection of slightly similar manuscripts that have been in my possession for some years make for an interesting and more in depth translation that can not be made by a single version alone.

Most important it gives the reader a glimpse into the mindset of training of old.

In an exercise that I suspect is the grandfather of Wah Lum's Bai Fut sow. You must squat in a low horse stance for a prolonge period.

'...the hands are irreversibly compelled with an unhurried intention...

'..With the face forward flowers appear it is unbearable to endure...'

Meaning that you begin to black out, you know that feeling when the vision startts clouding over around the sides just before you puke or passout from over exertion, and yet you still must endure the aganizing pain.

Kevin