PDA

View Full Version : which jackie chan movie is this?

oasis
02-19-2007, 09:21 AM
my brother found this clip online and it is a very interesting fight scene, but I dont recognize the movie.
I uploaded the clip here for download:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=bFlGOU1kUnFrWTk1VEE9PQ

thanks

jethro
02-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I clicked on the link to download it but it says I need to log in. Can you describe what is happening in the clip?

oasis
02-21-2007, 06:09 AM
jackie chan looks very young and is wearing a black/grey outfut. he fights a man wearing a yellow outfit in an open field for about 6.5 minutes...

Hishaam
02-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I can't see videos from work but from what you discribed it might be Dragon Lord you're talking about.

jethro
02-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I think I am the only person I know of who hated dragonlord. Didn't really pay attention too much the 1 time I did see it. Sorry.

Li Kao
02-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Hmm I haven't seen the clip either but wasn't Dragonlord around mid-career for Jackie? Or at least a couple dozen or so films into his career if I remember right ... don't think he would be looking very young at that point. Then again, I'm only postulating -- I have the movie on VHS but it's sitting in a box in the attic at the moment and is one of the ones I haven't replaced on DVD -- too lazy to go look for it, but I wonder if the clip is indeed Dragon Lord?

jethro
02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Dragonlord was made in 82 I believe, just after Young Master.

lonewolf
02-22-2007, 07:28 PM
sounds like it could be the closing fight scene to the young master. were there any weapons? was the fight just a stationary camera shot? at the end does jacky punch the guy in the chest in slow mo with veins popping out of his forearm?

jethro
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, good questions Lone Wolf. And does he get opium juice poured down his throat and become Superman:p

lonewolf
02-26-2007, 12:46 AM
dude that was legend of drunken master, and it was "good stuff" as he put it.:D

jethro
02-26-2007, 12:49 AM
In Young Master he gets opium juice(tar?) dumped down his throat, and then he becomes invincible.

SanSoo Student
02-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Shaolin Wooden Men? or Spiritual Kung Fu?

SanSoo Student
02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry for the double post, yea it is Shaolin Wooden Men...as a student he learned from this guy to use "lethal" Kung Fu and then he learned soft styles from someone else.

Jimbo
02-26-2007, 07:41 PM
lonewolf:
I think Jackie Chan based the final fight against Ken Lo in Drunken Master II (Legend of Drunken Master) on the final fight in Young Master. With the exception that real-life Hapkido master Hwang In-Sik, with his joing locks, was arguably a better all-around martial artist than Ken Lo. Same idea...Chan is getting superkicked from here to there until he drinks something awful (tobacco/opium water, or industrial alcohol). Then he becomes a raging invincible monster. Afterwards, he's practically an invalid (at the end of the Drunken Master II original version, he was turned into mindless idiot). They cut that part out of the English-language version to be PC.

jethro
02-27-2007, 01:46 AM
You would think it would be PC to show the person being retarded after that seen. Do these people that edit foreign movies not know that alchohol can cause mental retardation?

Also, Ken Lo might have been a good kickboxer, but Whang In-sik has serious control with his kicks and is much better overall I would say. I think that guy is still teaching.

Jimbo
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Back in the early '80s there was an interview with Hwang In-Sik in Martial Arts Movies magazine. He lives and teaches somewhere in Canada. In fact, he was brought out of movie retirement by Jackie Chan to appear in Young Master and again in Dragon Lord. By 1979/80 when Young Master was filmed, he looked way better than he did co-starring with Angela Mao in Hapkido, When TaeKwondo Strikes (Sting of the Dragon Masters), and Stoner; or getting his butt handed to him by Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee in Return of the Dragon. The later choreography allowed him to really show his abilities.

It was because of that magazine interview, where he mentioned Billy Chong as a good talent, that he was asked to appear in A Fistful of Talons. I think that was his last movie. Unfortunately, the choreography of that one didn't make him look as good.

BTW, Dragon Lee was one of Hwang In-Sik's Hapkido students in Korea. Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Angela Mao, and Chang Yi also spent a while in Korea training under Hwang and Ji Han-Jae.
More off-topic trivia.:o

BGile
02-28-2007, 01:27 AM
i guess it's drunken master dude...