PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Gloves?

Oso
02-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I've been using a pair from Century that are ok but want to get a nicer set.

Been looking through Title but can't decide.

Any reviews?

MasterKiller
02-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex Fairtex

I own these:
http://www.fairtex.com/product_info.php?info=p113_Pro-Sparring-Gloves.html

ngokfei
02-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I've used: Ringside, reyes and Title.

Probably Title I use the most. Good support of the wrist while not too tight over the knuckles. But then again I've got big hands.

Fairtex, haven't tried them yet. They look just like Ringside.

Pork Chop
02-19-2007, 11:44 AM
For sparring:
My favorite gloves are probably Twins or Grant- but Grants are expensive.
Fairtex are alright, but have a terrible thumb- way too straight.
Ringside are good but they're either way too soft (Ultimate classics & big hitters) or way too hard (IMF tech).
I have a pair of Title 20oz that i've had forever. They protect your partners without being overly squishy. I still like 'em.
I didn't like everlast too much but my friends do- just get the pro training gloves off the net with the really soft, supple leather and not the cruddy cheapo kinds that they sell at Sports Authority & Walmart.
Rival gloves are supposed to be pretty good.
Tufwear gloves will last forever, eventhough they may not be the most gentle gloves.
For something really cheap Top Contender's not half bad.

For bag work:
I love my ringside ultimate classic super bag gloves (16oz)- they stretch so i got the small or medium size, making them nice & snug, not too bulky.
i have grant super bag gloves, and I love them, but 10 ounces just really isn't enough padding to keep me from injuring my knuckles.
Tufwear super bag gloves will last forever.

EDIT: my opinion on Reyes is this- the ones from Reyes in mexico are much better than the ones available through ringside. they're sparsely padded over the knuckles so they can be really hard on your sparring partner. The fit of the gloves is also pretty specific. Reyes is better for people with wide, fat fingers; Grant is better for long, slender fingers.

SevenStar
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Fairtex are okay - assuming that they actually ship your stuff to you. Pork chop won't agree with me, but I really like Windy's gloves.

WinterPalm
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
My parents bought me a pair of Fairtex 22oz training gloves for my birthday some time ago...they are fun to hit the bag with but make your punches have more impact than without them.
I actually like the construction of the thumb as it is similar to the way I hold a fist anyway.

Oso
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
hmmm, Century just started carrying a Grant glove

http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=88644&langId=-1&product_parentId=13549&crumb=13501&categoryId=13549&parent_category_rn=13523

are they going to be a crappy model built for Century?

these are the ones I have

http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=64993&langId=-1&product_parentId=13549&crumb=13501&categoryId=13549&parent_category_rn=13523

Pork Chop
02-20-2007, 09:10 AM
they're really crappy made for century
the ones made for ringside are only kinda crappy
the ones you want are the ones from grant's actual website; assuming you wanna spend that much...

7*
noooooooo not windy! hehehe
don't think i've seen a single piece of equipment from them that i've liked.

SevenStar
02-20-2007, 09:22 AM
they have some decent shin guards too...

Oso
02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
i've been looking at Title mainly because I have a wholesale account with them...

the cheap ones from Century that I already have are not that bad and are holding up well...

not that I'm banging with them that often, and now that my boy is laid up with the bad achilles it might be a while again...thought I'd met a muay thai guy the other day who would want to spar but he's had some cancer of the bone and is out for good.