PDA

View Full Version : creatine

mambi
02-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Supposedly it helps you recover but Ive heard their is an increase in tendon ligament injuries due to increased muscle tension ? antioxidants ? Ideas for old guy(55 though in better condition than 80% of people I meet my own age. Pace oneself and fold the ego otherwise youll have to stop by the time your 45.

bodhitree
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
creatine turns into atp in skelital muscle. It helps you recover the creatine you lose during power exercise (exercise using the immediate energy system). For any power athlete (which includes martial artists) I would say creatine may be beneficial. It is more a "performance enhancer" than an "injury reducer".

mambi
02-21-2007, 11:48 AM
If it helps recover allows you to hit it extra sessions,if in enhances muscle it could pull tendons!? as the muscle recuperates faster. No shorcuts. Might give it a shot. .On another note, hows the weather up there . Be there in a month.Hear good things about Clarkson from present Sifu here in Asheville.Trying to gauge distance from Allison Park where it look like We will be living. Some how will continue. Funny to see young bucks show up all enthusiastic and a couple of months later you can almost tell whos in it for the long run. Don t know if One can really make that judgement. Hasta la vista! ( thanks )

bodhitree
02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
When you're here send me a pm. Are you talking about Zhang Yun
www.ycgf.org

mambi
02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Wah Lum out in Beaver. Sifu I go to now has communicated and hear good thing but get the feeling its too far out. Ill P.M when I get there.Cool deal.Will check out your recommendation .seems bucoup closer. ( Praying Mantis)