PDA

View Full Version : OT: Do you believe in ghosts?

rogue
02-21-2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjJHCwGF1fc&mode=related&search=

Royal Dragon
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
No, but I saw a UFO reacnetly.

rogue
02-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I saw a UFO with the ghost of Bruce Lee in it.

rogue
02-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Something about Mary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3x_JUHDYZ0&mode=related&search=

David Jamieson
02-22-2007, 04:30 PM
wow. it's pretty easy to impress the dimwitted isn't it. lol

uh...adobe premier can do that. or protools, or after effects or...well pretty much any non linear editing suite.

yeesh, no wonder the president of gambia has people believing he can cure aids. :rolleyes:

Chief Fox
02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
My dead grandfather came to me in a dream one time.

This was about 17 years ago. I dreamt that I was at my parents house sitting on the couch watching TV. My Grandfather came to the back door and knocked. I was suprized to see him. I opened the door, he came in a gave me big a hug. He was stronger than he had been in years. I asked him how he was and he told me that everything was fine and not to worry about him. I asked about my grandmother and he said that she's fine too and that she was right outside. I looked out the window and there was my grandmother, who had been dead for 5 years, outside waving to me.

Now maybe this was just my sub conscious helping me through a tough time but I think it was my Grandfather. aka Pop.

Rip Pop. I miss you.

SPJ
02-22-2007, 05:26 PM
if you believe in ghosts/spirits or after lifes, then you must believe in god, too.

they are 2 sides of a coin.

--

:D

rogue
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm really not sure if it was a ghost, but a woman and I both saw a man in a brown suit get into an elevator we both were heading for. I managed to pop the door just as it closed, when we got in no man in a suit. Middle of the day in an office building where an executive had killed himself a month before. I did go back and looked to see if something could have created an optical illusion but came up with nothing.

Just a bit of weirdness.

BTW, Mary loves Dick She has a great love for Dick. :D

EarthDragon
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Only the ignorant and narrow minded believe that we are the only plane of existence in the universe.

Royal Dragon
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
if you believe in ghosts/spirits or after lifes, then you must believe in god, too.

they are 2 sides of a coin.

Reply]
Why? Maybe the existence of ghosts proves God does *Not* exist and there is no heaven...we just get stuck here after we die.

David Jamieson
02-22-2007, 06:23 PM
It is entirely possible that there are other dimensions, that the bodies we live in are merely vessels and so on. But to delve into these things is akin to teaching calculus to iguanas. It takes a lot of effort and goes nowhere.

we are here to experience our lives, to use our senses and to run the gamut of emotions that we are capable of running. then we die.

I would ask is this not enough? Life is short, the time you aren't here is long. preoccupation with those things you can do little about and that really have no consequence one way or another in your life are inmy opinion totally irrelevant.

and chief, we feel comforted because we want comfort. all is mind in that respect.
we feel despair, because that is what we perceive, we feel happy for the same reasons and physically gratified because of the mechanics of our bodies and the surging chemical soups inside of us. we dream, we day dream, we fantasize, we fear, we hope, we do all that and more.

If there are ghosts, then let them be, pursuing them is fruitless.

But ufos and extraterrestrials, now that's cool! I personally would like to travel to another star system if it is possible and look at the rings around some distant world. currently we can do this in our imagination, but like sex, it's just not like the real thing. :p

p.s sex is even better with love.

B-Rad
02-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Why? Maybe the existence of ghosts proves God does *Not* exist and there is no heaven...we just get stuck here after we die.
Or ghosts could be nothing more than some kind of psychic after image (if they do exist)

rogue
02-23-2007, 06:49 AM
That's what I think I saw.

Shaolin Wookie
02-23-2007, 07:27 AM
The reason I disbelieve in ghosts, and all ghost stories, is that they hinge on the inherent spirit that inhabits the human body, and its inherent immortality.

Okay, that's one thing. I still disagree.

But ghosts with clothes? Come on. You're not telling me that a white sequin jumpsuit has an immortal spirit, are you? My jeans have life everlasting?

If there are ghosts, they're all naked, but that doesn't even make sense, b/c they don't have noses, ears, eyes, skin, bones, organs, or anything else........they don't need 'em. They'd have to be shapeless and formless "presences" and nothing more. Skin, bones, they're made of living organisms....and they make up a larger living organism. Our brain is made up of living organisms.....in our eyelashes, there's a little worm-like creature that eats the ends of the eyelash, and it is a living organism......so they'd all have individual life everlasting, right? Why would they be forever bonded in the afterlife? Wouldn't they all have spiritual self-identity?

So there's ghosts, and they represent all this life as a single entity, encompassing all these varied living creatures/organisms/bacterium/cells in the human body as one giant skin-enshrouded entity? It's kind of like the ultimate in human arrogance to attribute immortality to the brain and the identity of self (which develops immediately following birth, as we're exposed to various sense measures that relate the world to the self, and thus make us more self-concious to contribute to self-survival mechanisms) and not to each organism that makes the human body possible and sustainable.

How much sense does a ghost with senses and sense mechanisms make? Our entire human identity hinges on the things we feel, think, etc in response to the measures our senses take. A ghost is a self without sense (a finished product) so it wouldn't have to form new identity traits with the use of senses......The Stoics were somewhat right: Man is the Measure. Plus, all ghosts do is hang out, talk about life, moan, groan, and generally **** people off.

If I was a ghost, I'd be pulling pranks all the time, like flashing people out of nowhere in the most unexpected places, or I'd spend my afterlife in Jessica Simpson's pants......or Jessica Alba's pants.........especially if I still had a residual body equipped with residual parts....which obviously have some kind of residual functionability......

Or maybe I'm just an eternal skeptic....

Note: RD, you didn't see a UFO, either:D .....

Shaolin Wookie
02-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I would ask is this not enough? Life is short, the time you aren't here is long.

I agree, but if life is so short, why does it take so friggin' long? And if the time I'm not here is so long, how come I can read about it in a couple of hours?

Yeah, but I love having sex....isn't that the same thing?:D

Black Jack II
02-23-2007, 08:42 AM

Bwahahah.....dude where do you get these one linears.:cool:

Here let me try one.....

Jackets are better if they have buttons but if they have buttons does that really make the jacket better.

EarthDragon
02-23-2007, 09:15 AM
to try to explain about the seeing of energy with clothes on. It would depend on what energy you are seeing. To see a ghost is to see a spirit that either does not understand or not willing to go to the other side. It could be because they died a death that was violent or sudden and they don't feel they left justly. To see a ghost in clothes is because --first and foremost it is what we see. Secondly the spirit is going to come into visions that he or she feels you can identify them. For example --if they died during a battle in a war they will come in the last things they had on so you can understand who they are. Many spirits out there just need to be guided to the other side. So depending on how they died will determine how you or someone will see them and help guide them. There have been spirits that may not have clothes and some that do. Again it depends on there frequency and what they want to portray.

Shaolin Wookie
02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Okay........ED......let's play your game of logic:

Spirits are manifestations of "selves" in your view. Do the clothes have "selves"? I think you're saying that the spirits manifest in ways that they view themselves, a la the Sixth Sense. But it would be their illusion, not mine.

If they're dead, are they wearing their favorite outfit, the one they died in, the one they were buried in, or would they be naked?

We could settle all gripes with ghosts if we just buried people in S&M leather gimp suits. We'd all be so embarrassed as ghosts taht we wouldn't go out in public. Or else we'd just get kind of freaky on the streets, ectoplasmic style....:cool:

EarthDragon
02-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Usually spirits manifest themselves in ways they think you can identify them. Yes such as the sixth sense. When the doctor thought he was still alive and treating a patient. Now that is an extreme but he did die a sudden death. Nothing was resolved for him. Spirits will only be seen by people who can see them. We all have that ability to some level but some have better senses than others. And yes to all your questions.....some come back in their favorite outfit,some in what they died in. Again, it is about them trying to identify with you --- they want you to know who they are. If you believe in reincarnation, then spirits realize that if they came back an Egyptian outfit but had an issue in Civil war times it would not make sense to the human to try to identify them. Many "ghosts" are stuck spirits who cannot get to the other side. People who have already gone to the other side --will come to you in what they think you will feel comfortable.

And if we did bury them in S&M outfits, I can see some of them with a sense of humor showing up with that outfit. :D

Shaolin Wookie
02-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I would. I'd show up on Sunday and smack the priest on the ass....:D

Royal Dragon
02-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Note: RD, you didn't see a UFO, either .....

Reply]
Maybe not, but how do you explain that my Camera created a picture of a flying object, that I didn't see?

Shaolin Wookie
02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Well, I can't dig up my reply to that old post, but I saw Mario hitting that UFO with his head, and a coin coming out of it.

You see what you want to see. My girlfriend says she saw her grandfather's ghost the night he died (the ME couldn't get to him to take hte body, so the corpse stayed in its bed all night). She was sleeping in a chair across from the bed. The ghost woke her up, then sat down on her and began reading a newspaper. She said she felt this suffocating "force" set down on her, and she then saw her grandfather get up and say something.

Well, I started on about vocal chords and all that, how it implies ownership of a functioning living body (in order to make sounds of speech) and how in order for there to be a weight or force being put on her, it implied ownership of mass, because mass=gravity, more or less, and mass was a measurement of matter, more or less, and matter implied atomic makeup and molecular structure and all that jazz.........not to mention the newspaper.......

Ghosts don't make sense in any way.......I just don't get it........

No kind of logic can back up those assertions. Hence, they're better termed delusions. People see ghosts all the time. It's called bipolarism, or schizophrenia......I don't see any reason to call these ghost story assumptions anything else. My girlfriend loves those ghost TV shows, especially the World's Most Haunted thingies......

I keep telling her that if I was on one of those shows.....I wouldn't be scared. I'd find the **** switchboxes and Hollywood noisemakers that generate the bull**** spectral soundwaves.....

wind draft
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM
You may have not thought of this but this may scare you guys.. it's all related!!

Think chi power.. well there are some people that can do, but it does take like 20 years of mediation.

Well in physics, we know that everything is made of atoms; electron, neutrons, and protons. Well the reason why you and I can't walked thru the door is because we have this negative charge that holds the door, walls, concrete cement on the ground. Otherwise when people fall off a building they would go straight thru the ground.

Don't believe go read some quantum physics. So for ghost to exist, they might not have that negative charge anymore so thats why they can't go thru things and we can't see them..

And... if you think about it.. if everything is made of the same thing atoms, and if you get even smaller than that everything is made of energy.. this string type of thing that resonant different frequency and that frequency changes the shape of the string making the atoms into a different atom according to what the frequency is.

If you don't believe me that is what E=mC2 is.... Ask any scientist! So what is scary is all that exist besides this energy thing is our thoughts and feelings.

It amazing when you know this secret, because thats how Buddha, Jesus, all the ancient kung fu guys are able to do their feat that almost seems impossible.

Did you know if you spend the rest of your life trying to walk thru the way... there is a small chance that one day you willl; just once because the negative charge would split for that 1 second.

This shows that chi powers or any other powers can be possible if we mediate correctly with the correct focus with our thoughts and feelings...

Thats why they said that rich people always stay rich... well that is a mind-set... wealth is a mind-set thats why people get rich... think in terms of having a lot of abundance and you will attract wealth into your life.

Crazy but its true....If you have question feel free to ask me.

Thanks for reading.

Shaolin Wookie
02-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Well in physics, we know that everything is made of atoms; electron, neutrons, and protons. Well the reason why you and I can't walked thru the door is because we have this negative charge that holds the door, walls, concrete cement on the ground. Otherwise when people fall off a building they would go straight thru the ground.

Don't believe go read some quantum physics. So for ghost to exist, they might not have that negative charge anymore so thats why they can't go thru things and we can't see them..

And... if you think about it.. if everything is made of the same thing atoms, and if you get even smaller than that everything is made of energy.. this string type of thing that resonant different frequency and that frequency changes the shape of the string making the atoms into a different atom according to what the frequency is.

That's the thing, though. Polarity really determines stability. You can't just change polarity and wham, you can't be seen. It's more like wham, loss of cellular stabilization, and wham, loss of cellular function, and wham, loss of atomic stability, and wham, cellular irregularity, and wham, organ malfunction, and wham, now you're going to die.

If you're going to talk charges and quantum physics, you might be interested in Quantum brain mechanics, which posits that because our brains function primarily due to the firing of synapses, and small electrical surges result from these fusions, that the multitude of charges act as one (via phase wave interaction). This would also explain disorientation in times of crisis and lack of concentratation, as the interrupted/acclerated/decelerated firing of neurons would disrupt the phase-wave frequency interaction and therefore lead to a less "in-frequency" mindset. Also, in the case of something like hypothermia, it would explain the almost completely discombobulated mindset of the victim, whose motor functions and thoughts are almost all out of whack.

Interestingly enough, when we're unconcious, our neurons keep firing. They may be acting more as particles in this circumstance (outwardly) and completely out of wave-alignment. This would explain why we don't forget everything when we're Ko'd. We wake up, we're pretty much the same person, we have the same memories. The phase-wave is more "in-frequency" when we're calm, centered, and functioning healthily.

Interesting when combined with meditation.

Shaolin Wookie
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
But as for ghosts..........the most realistic portrayal of ghosts was in the movie Ghostubusters and the character of slimer.

That's about how seriously we ought to take that stuff.

wind draft
02-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Interesting stuff! Thanks shaolin wookie

Shaolin Wookie
02-24-2007, 12:29 PM
There's lots of books on that subject.......

I'd recommend this one if you're interested in taking a stab at the subject:

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Self-Danah-Zohar/dp/0688107362/sr=1-24/qid=1172345256/ref=sr_1_24/002-7364002-9873640?ie=UTF8&s=books

rogue
02-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Ghosts don't make sense in any way.......I just don't get it........

They don't make sense, but sometimes you run into something that at the time is unexplainable. Me and another person who I didn't have any relationship with both saw a man get into an elevator. She even called to him to hold the elevator, but when we get into the elevator the guy is not there. I don't believe in ghosts but we both saw something.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic." Clark

Chief Fox
02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Note: RD, you didn't see a UFO, either .....

Reply]
Maybe not, but how do you explain that my Camera created a picture of a flying object, that I didn't see?
Weather balloon.:rolleyes:

Royal Dragon
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I Giant flying, charcoal colored Weather baloon that is Rectangular (No wings or areo dynamics whatsoever)...keeps up with fighter planes and moves silently...Yeah, sure...You got something more plausible?

Meat Shake
02-24-2007, 08:04 PM
wow. it's pretty easy to impress the dimwitted isn't it. lol

uh...adobe premier can do that. or protools, or after effects or...well pretty much any non linear editing suite.

yeesh, no wonder the president of gambia has people believing he can cure aids. :rolleyes:

Actually...
You could do it with a linear editing suite as well, but not with protools.
Great program for audio recording, editing and sound design, but even in 7.3 the video editing features past simply being able to cut and paste frames are severly lacking.

Shaolin Wookie
02-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Actually...
You could do it with a linear editing suite as well, but not with protools.
Great program for audio recording, editing and sound design, but even in 7.3 the video editing features past simply being able to cut and paste frames are severly lacking.

You can cure aids with the use of photoshop? Interesting theory........:D

SPJ
02-25-2007, 09:37 AM
if we do not know about life or how to be a good person/people in this life, why worry about beyond life or after/previous life/ ghosts?

confucious.

there are many quotes.

one of my fav:

if we do not know about life, how do/can we know about death?

Bu Zhi Shen. Yen Zhi Si.

--

:D

Shaolin Wookie
02-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I've always liked this one:

Girls with big underpants generally have big things under their pants.

Royal Dragon
02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
I used to know a really hot girl...who wore grannies....God was that a let down!!

She gained like 100 pounds after we split up though, so at least I nailed her when she was hot! :D

SPJ
02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I just saw "ghost rider" in the theater.

not only there are lost souls escaping from hell, there are also devil/ghost bounty hunter.

they either ride the horse or motorcyle.

they use the fire element and burn all these souls/ghosts back to hell by looking into the eyes.

no wonder people said that eyes are windows of your souls/spirits,

--

quite a story.

--

:)

unkokusai
05-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Think chi power.. well there are some people that can do, but it does take like 20 years of mediation..

Oh, brother....

What you meant to say is that there are some people who can be convinced of just about anything, and it takes about 20 seconds to pull the wool over the eyes of someone who wants to be fooled.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I can do it in 18.